Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

TCK Model Scaling & OJP Enhanced

Page: 1 of 1
 VonCrappre
07-03-2004, 11:10 PM
Are there plans to use TCK's Player Model Scaling system in OJP enhanced? if it is already coded and written, would it really be that hard for an intermediate coder to integrate it with OJP's code? Isnt TCK's Player Model Scaling open to the public? (or did I hear wrong?) I feel OJP needs Player model scaling to put the other mods in their place, and get more people interested in OJP. I mean, its odd to play a Star Wars Game, where chewbacca, yoda, jawas & vader are all the same size as a stormtrooper.
 razorace
07-04-2004, 4:45 AM
The only reason it hasn't been done is because noone has been interested in implimenting it.
 VonCrappre
07-04-2004, 12:31 PM
Couldn't you code it? I mean after you finish the current WIP new block system?
 razorace
07-04-2004, 3:17 PM
I could, but I gotta have priorties. If I coded everything that everyone asked for, I'd never have any time to work on good stuff.
 VonCrappre
07-04-2004, 7:45 PM
So did you hear that the 7 foot Yoda is gonna join the NBA?Recreate the battle between Dooku, and 7 foot tall Yoda, with OJP, The Only Major(star wars based) Mod that does not include Model Scaling... you wouldn't have to balance anything with the scaling system, OJP is still in beta & it is still far more advanced & configurable than all these other "FINISHED" mods that promise alot but only really deliver "Full Model Scaling Support" with "Fancy Saber Effects". You've just got to have model scaling, don't you think its a big reason why some people don't play OJP, because they can't play with their favorite characters with accurate sizes. I'm testing the beta of Forcemod III and I still say that after playing that mod I still love OJP enhanced more. No other mod can top the advances in gameplay of OJP. Everything is totally Configurable! Trueview, LedgeGrab, Enhanced Saber Duels, Blocking systems, multiple melee attacks!
How could Model Scaling, even a basic one, hurt this whole package? Couldn't OJP's model scaling, just like all its other features, be toggled on-or-off to suit?
 razorace
07-04-2004, 10:51 PM
Never said it would hurt the package at all. In fact, I think it would be a nice addition. However, I personally don't feel that it's high up on my things-to-add list.
 Kurgan
07-06-2004, 1:06 AM
If you did do this, would it be part of Enhanced then?
 Hekx
07-08-2004, 12:55 PM
Basic platform, me thinks.
 razorace
07-08-2004, 3:11 PM
I'm guessing Basic.
 VonCrappre
07-08-2004, 4:08 PM
Both? ... or how about just Enhanced version, with on/off toggle.
why would you want scaling in basic? It doesnt seem right to not put it in Enhanced...
 razorace
07-08-2004, 9:42 PM
Uh, as it states in the readme, everything that goes into Basic goes into Enhanced.
 VonCrappre
07-09-2004, 12:59 AM
yeah well just as long as scalings in there.
 Azymn
07-09-2004, 6:30 PM
I thought Basic was non-gameplay altering? Scaling affects hitboxes, so it's not simply a visual effect.
Just curious.
 razorace
07-09-2004, 9:10 PM
Yeah, I know, I'm a bit iffy on that myself. However, I imagine that a lot of people that play the Basic package would still want scaling to be included.

I'm guessing that we could make it a cvar and call that a compromise.
Page: 1 of 1