Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Help on module editing!

Page: 1 of 1
 PrtyLizardJedi
07-03-2004, 6:29 AM
I need help on things

1.How to connect modules?
2.Making doors PERMANENTLY locked (not openable in any way)
3.I still haven't learned how to auto-initiate a dialgoue, as with the Dark Jedi on Tatooine, Anchorhead and Kashyyk, Czerka Landing Port.

Please help! I really need to know this stuff!
 Fred Tetra
07-03-2004, 10:23 AM
Ok, so I'm no expert on this, but here's what I've found:

It appears that when a conversation is "auto-initiated", what is happening is that your character has crossed into a trigger area.

For my example, I will use the Czerka Landing Port. All files referenced are in RIMS | Modules | kas_m22aa.rim and kas_m22aa_s.rim.

In the Triggers_List section of m22_aa.git, there is a Trigger named "kas_zaalbartrig". If we look in kas_zaalbartrig.utt, which is the trigger itself, we see that the ScriptOnEnter value is set to k_pkas_zaaltalk1. Next, looking in the k_pkas_zaaltalk1.ncs script. Looking far down in the script, we see that a conversation is initiated using ActionStartConversation with a value of "22aa_zaalb01_01", which refers to 22aa_zaalb01_01.dlg.

I realize this is a simple example, but perhaps it will help.
 StormTrooper789
07-03-2004, 11:20 AM
I'm pretty sure that the "Do you want to mod SW:KotOR? Then start here!" thread has a link about doing this although the title of that link does not say about doing this kind of task. Good Luck :)
 Darth333
07-03-2004, 11:30 AM
Here is a document concerning the trigger format: http://nwn.bioware.com/developers/Bioware_Aurora_Trigger_Format.pdf)
I made a mini guide for this too but it is still incomplete due to lack of time. I could send you what I have when I get home this evening.
 PrtyLizardJedi
07-03-2004, 12:06 PM
Please do so Darth333

PS: YAY!! I AM A WAMPA NOW!!
Page: 1 of 1