Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

get item from other module

Page: 1 of 1
 jrc24
07-02-2004, 9:50 PM
Is it possible to do that with a script ?

get an item wich is in an other module

by using for exemple this function :
GetItemPossessedBy(oNPC, "item_name")

exemple : I am out of the ebon hawk and I would get item possessed by a NPC who is in the ebon hawk.
 Jackel
07-02-2004, 10:17 PM
1.Do you mean like if Carths back in the 'Hawk holding a sword and you want to equip it on say Mission whos standing beside you ?

Or

2.Do you mean a mercahnt on the 'Hawk how has something you want in his inventory ?

If 1 then the latest patch adds to the equip screen the ability to look at the inventory of all current party members , use the little arrows near the tiny little portraits at the bottom of the equip screen

If 2 .. I cant help , scripting gives me a headache just looking at it
 jrc24
07-02-2004, 10:27 PM
I mean for exemple :

carth is equiped with a sword and is in the ebon hawk

I am out of the ebon hawk (exemple : jedi council room) and I want get the carth's sword by script
 Darth333
07-04-2004, 9:02 AM
I may be wrong (please correct me someone if this is the case)with this but I believe it is not possible. However, you could use the SetGlobalNumber or SetGlobalBoolean when you acquire the weapon.

Then, when the time comes, use GetGlobalNumber or GetGlobalBolean according to the chosen solution. Perhaps use also CreateObject to create the object on yout PC (don't forget to use destroy object after or you'll end up with Duplicate weapons).

Knowing what you want to do however, this may not be exactly what you are looking for... :(

If you use the above method, you'll have to edit GlobalCat.2da as well.

Hope this helps :)
 jrc24
07-04-2004, 9:18 AM
ok thank you, it is what I was thinking
Page: 1 of 1