Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Controller

Page: 1 of 1
 Socer38910
06-28-2004, 10:52 AM
Hey, guys I have a problem with Jedi Academy when I try to use my Thrustmaster 2. I have the controller inserted but whenever I try to change the configurations so i can use it, it won't let me. But I can tell that the game accepts this controller because it is causing the controller to rumble during the game. I have used this controller while playing Jedi Knight II. If anyone can help, it will be appreciated, and yes i do want to use this controller during the game.
 Sam Fisher
06-28-2004, 11:02 AM
I didn't think that JA was compatable with controllers... also, why get it on PC if you are just gonna use a controller?
 Socer38910
06-28-2004, 11:04 AM
becuz i don't have any other system, and it seems to be rumbling so im pretty sure that it supports it.
 Sam Fisher
06-28-2004, 11:24 AM
Hmm.. here's the Lucas Arts site, look there. SITE (http://support.lucasarts.com/trg/tg.asp?id=144#SECTION14)
 Socer38910
06-28-2004, 11:37 AM
looked through there, still can't figure out this problem, becuz i have the joystick enabled on but i still can't press a button on the joystick when i try to configure the controls.
 Amidala from Chop Shop
06-28-2004, 1:42 PM
Originally posted by Socer38910
becuz i don't have any other system, and it seems to be rumbling so im pretty sure that it supports it.

98% of all players and 99% of all good players use the mouse and keyboard. Try it.

Try this setup:

Q- Drain
W- Lightning
E- Forward
R- Absorb
T- Mind Trick
A- Grip
S- Sidestep left
D- Backwards
F- Sidestep right
G- Protect
V- Dark Rage
Shift- Crouch

Mouse1- Attack
Mouse2- Alt Attack
Mouse3- Speed
MOUSEWHEELUP- Push
MOUSEWHEELDOWN- Pull
Spacebar- Jump

Since you are used to using a joystick, set "Invert Mouse: Yes" in Controls so pulling back on your mouse looks up and pushing forward on the mouse looks down.
 Master William
06-28-2004, 1:53 PM
I used a Joystick in Jedi Outcast, so it should work for JA...
 PR-0927
06-28-2004, 4:44 PM
LOL!! My controller steup is so weird...everyone hates it...but, me!! I tried to get a controller to work for Jedi Outcast and Jedi Academy at my friend's house...but, it didn't work.

:fett:
 Kurgan
06-28-2004, 5:40 PM
Lathain Valtiel might be able to help you.

If it's about Jedi Outcast, Vagabond used controllers and he was pretty good at it too.
 Lathain Valtiel
07-04-2004, 10:11 PM
That's the controller I use.. Toggle Enable Joystick under other to Off then On again. Make sure X and Y axis are set as buttons are on too.

Honestly, it works flawlessly here.. I'm unsure.
 Threepsnud
07-08-2004, 11:10 AM
I'd find a joystick hard to use for a game like this. I need to movement of mouse and keyboard to work best. And I just have...

x=next force
F=use force

F1,F2.... All the forces....

And I use the wasda setting as my family calls it...

W=up
a=left
s=down
d=right

c=crouch

Just thought I'd say...
 Cercueil
07-08-2004, 12:35 PM
I use a thumb movable trackball for movement. i like it much better than a standard mouse (and my arm thanks me on the swoop mission.)

F=forward
D=back
S=step right
A=Step left

Q=Heal
W=push
E=Pull
R=speed
T=mind trick
Y=force see
G=drain
H=Protect
J=Absorb
Z=Lightning
C=Crouch
V=Grip
B=Rage

Num Enter=change stance (use thumb)

i wish i could get my wheel to work better, but it seems to work one time or twice and then stops. Iwanted to use the "third button" on the wheel push, but it reverts to button 1.
Page: 1 of 1