Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Changing Dialogue Times

Page: 1 of 1
 Rivahl
06-24-2004, 11:34 PM
Well, I've been testing out my Dark Order Flagship module, and a lot of the dialogue just lasts for way too long. To the point where it gets annoying. Can someone tell me how I can either set it so that it's possible to "skip it" by clicking or simply reduce the time? Thanks.

-Riv.
 mgnails
06-24-2004, 11:51 PM
I know this is off topic. But how did you get a new area ingame??? If thats what you mean then lets see some screenies of it.
 Rivahl
06-25-2004, 12:20 AM
That's what I mean, but no screenshots yet. ;)

-Riv.
 mgnails
06-25-2004, 12:31 AM
thats interesting. Im not interested in screenshots so much as Im interested in how you did it. If you've found out a way to get new areas in the game then I must know as that would mean the Kotor AE team can get some new area's ingame. BTW, check your private messenges.
 Darth333
06-25-2004, 12:40 AM
Adding new areas (no new models) in the game is not difficult: just check doom_dealer' tutorial. If you want to make these areas accessible without using the cheat code, just attach the following script somewhere to a convo or create a dialog with an object to be teleported to the new area :

void main()
{
StartNewModule("my_module"));
}

use the same method to go back to where you where.
 mgnails
06-25-2004, 12:45 AM
I know how to do that. I thought he meant he made new models for the area. Would a area be considered a simple model. hehe
 tk102
06-25-2004, 1:17 AM
Back on topic: there is a Skippable flag in the main struct. Set it equal to 1. (In DLGEdit, it's under General Properties.)
 Rivahl
06-25-2004, 2:47 AM
Thanks, TK. But I have one more question. Is there a simple way to make it so that characters who have dialogue you don't reply to (where it just pops up, you know?) have a variety of things that they are able to say? I tried to simply set it so that there were multiple starting entries, but that didn't seem to work. :/

Thanks again,

-Riv.
 Doom_Dealer
06-25-2004, 6:29 AM
You can do this by adding blank entrys to the reply list
i.e. You put -1 in, and then just press enter past what you want your character to say, this dialogue will autmoaticall fire but it wont say or do anything, you only need to make one of these and if you link each entry to that blank reply and so forth u should get a continual dialogue.

e.g.
You have entrys:
A
B
and C
and you want them to be in a continous order, A,B,C

you make the reply (we'll call it reply 1)

so you put A, B, C into your entry list, and 1 into your reply list

now link
A ---> 1 ---> B ---> 1 ---> C

this will make a continous dialogue
 tk102
06-25-2004, 10:44 AM
Thanks DoomDealer. I answered (http://www.lucasforums.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=130510) that same question yesterday.
 Darth333
06-25-2004, 10:47 AM
Originally posted by Rivahl
Thanks, TK. But I have one more question. Is there a simple way to make it so that characters who have dialogue you don't reply to (where it just pops up, you know?) have a variety of things that they are able to say? I tried to simply set it so that there were multiple starting entries, but that didn't seem to work. :/

Thanks again,

-Riv.

You still have to set an Entry and Reply List.
per example, Entry 0 points to Reply 0 (just leave the text field blank in the Reply List)
the Entry 1 -->Reply 1, etc...

Then, In the Starting List,you will have to set a list where the Entry Index will point to each of the entries and in the Script filed you will have to reference to a conditional script that will check for certain conditions. In this example, the NPC will speak a certain entry if the Global for the Manaan plot is set at 4.
Example:

int StartingConditional()
{
int iResult;

iResult = (GetGlobalNumber("MAN_PLANET_PLOT") == 4);

return iResult;
}

Originally posted by mgnails
I know how to do that.
I'm sure of it........................:headbump
 Doom_Dealer
06-25-2004, 11:11 AM
Originally posted by tk102
Thanks DoomDealer. I answered (http://www.lucasforums.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=130510) that same question yesterday.

lol, i could of just put a link to that instead of writing all that out, ah well.
Page: 1 of 1