Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

holowin-plugin maskless help

Page: 1 of 1
 kampher
06-20-2004, 12:54 AM
Can someone help? I have been using the newest holowin plugin, and i need some help. I downloaded Mono's maskless revan robes, but i can figure out what files to get rid of, and what files to put in. can someone help?
 RedHawke
06-20-2004, 1:17 AM
You are going to have to edit the appearance.2da from the plugin that is in your override with the 2da editor in kotor tool and change a few things.

The female players models start on line 91 and go to line 135.

Scroll over to columns modelj and texj;

In modelj enter N_DarthRevanF and in texj enter N_DarthRevan
Do this for all of the Female lines 91 through 135.

The male players models are from line 136 and go to line 180.

Scroll over to columns modelj and texj;

In modelj enter N_DarthRevanM and in texj enter N_DarthRevan
Do this for all of the Male lines 136 through 180.

When done click on some other cell, this is important, and save the appearance.2da to your override. Copy Mono's .tga files to the override and your good to go.

I hope this helps!
 kampher
06-20-2004, 1:19 AM
Well i guess im going to have learn how to use the editor then. thanks for your help.

Edit: Wait a minuit, does this mean that everytime i want to add something to the plugin, i have to do this? because i know nothingt of this, i was just hoping all i had to do was put the .2da files and the .tga file and be all set.
 RedHawke
06-20-2004, 1:59 AM
Originally posted by kampher
Edit: Wait a minuit, does this mean that everytime i want to add something to the plugin, i have to do this? because i know nothingt of this, i was just hoping all i had to do was put the .2da files and the .tga file and be all set.

Yes, when you are trying to add a mod to another mod then you will have to merge the conflicting files, usually .2da files, if .tga files conflict then you just will have to use one texture or the other. You won't have to do it all the time only when mod files conflict.

I hope this helps! :D
 kampher
06-20-2004, 2:02 AM
Well that sucks, O well, at least it motivates me to learn how to start modding i guess. starting with this hehe.
 RedHawke
06-20-2004, 2:15 AM
Originally posted by kampher
Well that sucks, O well, at least it motivates me to learn how to start modding i guess. starting with this hehe.

Yup, today you do this, it works... you get this warm and tingly feeling, tomarrow you try some armor, then blasters, then robes, then lightsabers, then...
[Insert Evil Laugh Here]
 kampher
06-21-2004, 1:40 PM
Damnit it didnt work!!!

I used kotor tool to open up the appearance.2da from my override folder, then i copy and pasted all the right stuff in the right places, and when i opened up my sae game, put on revans robes, he still had the damn mask!!! wtf is wrong?
 T7nowhere
06-21-2004, 1:49 PM
I added the Reven diguise property to the reven robes so try removing g_a_mstrrobe06.uti from override. In your save game you will also need to call the item again for the change to take effect.
 kampher
06-21-2004, 1:53 PM
ok ill see if this works, thanks t7

Edit: i tried what t7 said, but now its back to the regular star forge robes without cape and hood, man this is a pain. anyone else got any ideas?
 kampher
06-21-2004, 5:27 PM
Id really like some help here? perhaps someone who uses the plugin could try and get it to work. :(
Page: 1 of 1