Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

My game dont like some MOD's

Page: 1 of 1
 Lorden Darkblade
06-15-2004, 4:34 PM
I've already disscussed this with RedHawke but now I want everybody opinions and some answers, if anyone has them, sometimes when I install a new MOD my game start to "create' bugs. Some things dont work properlly some people that shoud be killed can not die anymore and so on.
Why in the name of GOD this only appears to happen with me?!
Because I dont see anyone else here complaining about this. What could I always be doing wrong?
If anyone has an asnwer to it please say it!
I'm getting kinda tired that everytime this happens I have to CLEAN my Override folder and start ALL OVER AGAIN!
And sometimes like now I get very frustated cuz I modified some MODs and I can not make my own MOD's to work anymore cuz I dont remeber which items they need and which items makes they need to appear properly like texture and etc etc etc.

Please someone give me a LIGHT HERE!
:cry8: :cry8: :cry6: :cry6: :crybaby: :crybaby:
 Darth Khasei
06-15-2004, 4:51 PM
Are you using the H-plug-in. There is a note that some of the mods have conflicts. I suppose that is what is happening. I tired to keep my mod in line with what was already release by including the proper entries in the distributed changed file.

I guess in a way there is no way to avoid conflicts depending on which mods your install.
 Lorden Darkblade
06-15-2004, 4:54 PM
No, thats why I avoid to use the Holowan Plug-In.
 Darth333
06-15-2004, 4:55 PM
Check the sticky above that discusses conflicts. It's impossible to give an answer to question when we don't know what mods you are trying to combine.
Check the contents of your override folder and compare it with the original files you downloaded (assuming you kept the original package) to find out what mods conflict (yes, it requires a bit of searching).
 Lorden Darkblade
06-15-2004, 5:00 PM
Well this is making me mad!
I'll try to look at that topic, it's the second time this thing happens to me!
 Lorden Darkblade
06-16-2004, 3:22 PM
Well I've read the topic about the conflict's and nothing of that happens.
In fact thats why I dont install T7nowhere's Plug-In. Cuz I'm afraid it may do the game has those type of erros that I have sometimes when I install new MODs.
And none of them is conflicting. I was not asked to erase/replace no file in the Override.
Actually what I was told, like I said in the first post, to do by RedHawke's is to when this happens clean my Override folder and put all MODs in there again.
The worst part is that it works!
How ridiculous can it be?!
I'm not calling RedHawke ridiculous, I'm calling the situation ridiculous.
All I do is remove the MODs and put them all back in there.
That is trully ridiculous. What I want to know is, is there a way to fix this issue?
 T7nowhere
06-17-2004, 5:22 AM
the best way to find conflicts is to install one moda at a time. I don't think anyone is telling you to remove the files from override then put them back in. wth would that do right.

Install one mod at a time and if when your copying the file to override you are asked to overwrite a file check which files you are being asked to overwrite and say no to overwrite, after that you will know exactly the files that are conflicting.
 Doom_Dealer
06-17-2004, 5:45 AM
calm down abit mate.

Your problem is probably with .2da files, people edit them in differant ways so one appearence.2da may work for one mod and not another. All the 2.da's you download are not the same, theyve been moddified differantly and therefore some mods wont work. I tend to try and use a 2da that a big mod has used, so it doesnt conflice (i.e. my portrait.2da works with the sith armarda mod).

I suggest checking that you are not using a random 2da to support about 5 mods that need it.
 Lorden Darkblade
06-17-2004, 11:11 AM
Ok I'll say this 1 more time only cuz I really dont think you people are actually reading my posts or I have a lousy english.
I have NO FILES WITH THE SAME NAME!
No file at all when I install a MOD ask to be replaced.
Are you people reading?!
The game simply GETS BUGGY when I install MODs and most of the times it does not get buggy!
Then I have to clean the ENTIRE Override folder and install ALL AGAIN!
There must be an answer for this!
Now for the last time I dont get no questions to overwrite any file!
Specially .2da files!
The game simply crash!
Like when it already happened in the Endar Spire and the Star Forge.
If you think I'm making this up go see the thread in the Work Bech Forum about my problem with the Star Forge and about the Endar Spire one ask RedHawke about.
I dont want to sound rude but I already told here in this post that I'm having no conflicts at all between my files!
Something else must be wrong!
The last Patch is 1.3 or 1.03 right I have the latest patch!
 Colma Adawin
06-17-2004, 11:18 AM
Originally posted by ReLoaD2K
Ok I'll say this 1 more time only cuz I really dont think you people are actually reading my posts or I have a lousy english.
I have NO FILES WITH THE SAME NAME!
No file at all when I install a MOD ask to be replaced.
Are you people reading?!
The game simply GETS BUGGY when I install MODs and most of the times it does not get buggy!
Then I have to clean the ENTIRE Override folder and install ALL AGAIN!
There must be an answer for this!
Now for the last time I dont get no questions to overwrite any file!
Specially .2da files!
The game simply crash!
Like when it already happened in the Endar Spire and the Star Forge.
If you think I'm making this up go see the thread in the Work Bech Forum about my problem with the Star Forge and about the Endar Spire one ask RedHawke about.
I dont want to sound rude but I already told here in this post that I'm having no conflicts at all between my files!
Something else must be wrong!
The last Patch is 1.3 or 1.03 right I have the latest patch!

Remember the jedi code...

...there is no emotion, there is peace...

...hey this isn't like you, i know your abit miffed (annoyed) but getting annoyed doesnt help anyone, calm down, be at peace, like the jedi masters. LoL

MattCole
 Poggle
06-17-2004, 11:24 AM
what specs does your pc have? i noticed that on low end systems running a lot of mods can cause more crashes
 Lorden Darkblade
06-17-2004, 11:27 AM
I'm not having crashes I'm having BUGS!
The game itsefl dont start a script that it should!
It's not a crash.
Crash its when the game froze my game it's not frozing it is getting bugged!
it dont complete things and animations as it should!
 Darth333
06-17-2004, 11:50 AM
Did you back up your savegames? Could try an old save to see what happens.
Kind of impossible to help you when the bugs are not described and when we don't know what mods you are using (there are hudreds of mods out there).
What i would do is create a new folder and send everything you have in your override folder over there. Then reinstall the mods one by one. Pay specific attention to the .2da files, since it's the most common cause of conflicts. This can take time but there is no miracle solution for this...and you're the only one who can do it.
Other question: what class is your PC? (per example Soldier 3, Guardian 8 ) Did you convert him to a weird single class?
 Doom_Dealer
06-17-2004, 12:18 PM
Ok I'll say this 1 more time only cuz I really dont think you people are actually reading my posts

jesus, we are trying to help, getting stroppy is not going to solve anything.,

a 2da problem wont b fixed by simply removing everything then replacing the same files, i suggest clearing out your override folder then re-download everything. but only the stuff you want, if you get a multiple file name message when u try and put a new mod in, dont ignore it, check what the conflict mod is and decide between us.
 Lorden Darkblade
06-17-2004, 12:23 PM
The Problems I have ARE: In the Endar Spire when you have the choice to use the robot or the curcuit to kill the Sith's in the other door.
I could only kill the RED one the other ones that are Silver Armor dont have armor at all! They are using the grey Sith Uniform and cat be killed.

In the Star Forge right at the begining when you see Darth Malak speaks with his apprentice, the apprentice simple dont walk and dont talk with Malak.

The MODs I use: RedHawke's Revan, Sith and Bastila Pack-Blasters Pack-Revan The White Booster Pack
Illuzion69's Dual Weapon
T7nowhere's LightSabers and DS equipment
Kitty's No Fighters
Malak369's LVL40 ( I already had the problem b4 this MOD)
Talchia's KOTOR Arena 1.1

I gave up on Sith Armada after the Sidious issue, so I gues thats all.
 Darth333
06-17-2004, 12:39 PM
[B]The Problems I have ARE: In the Endar Spire when you have the choice to use the robot or the curcuit to kill the Sith's in the other door.
I could only kill the RED one the other ones that are Silver Armor dont have armor at all! They are using the grey Sith Uniform and cat be killed.

In the Star Forge right at the begining when you see Darth Maul speaks with his apprentice, the apprentice simple dont walk and dont talk with Malak.
[B]
Probably a problem of a utc file overriding another one:
With KT check what is the utc file for the sith troopers and Darth Maul (Malak?) that you can't kill and check if you have a .utc file with the same name in your override folder. Start by opening the .utc file located in your override folder with a GFF editor ( you need to check some fields that you can't see with KT) and make sure Min1HP is set to 0.
If this does not solve the problem, check if the contents of the script fields are the same (userdefinescript and spawnscript).
 Lorden Darkblade
06-17-2004, 12:50 PM
Well it does not fix it.
How does removing everything and reputting in the override folder would solve if it was a uti file?
It is not a uti file. or if it is I have no idea how it can solve itself only be being recopied.
If anyone wants I can send my override folder thru email or any other way.
Just send me a PM with the way you want me to send it.

And yes I typed wrong up there it was Darth Malak not Maul.
 Colma Adawin
06-17-2004, 12:54 PM

i want to help, i've PM'ed my E-Mail to you.

MattCole
 Darth333
06-17-2004, 1:07 PM
Well it does not fix it.
How does removing everything and reputting in the override folder would solve if it was a uti file?
It is not a uti file. or if it is I have no idea how it can solve itself only be being recopied.

And yes I typed wrong up there it was Darth Malak not Maul.

Not a .uti file but a .utc file: the game sometimes reuse .utc files with the same name in different modules but the contents are different. So if you drop a .utc file in the override folder, it will override all the other .utc files with the same name in the game.
If per example the userdefinedscript is different, the npc may not behave as expected.
So, to pass those places where you have such bugs, you could either remove the .utc file from your override folder just for the time to pass a specific point and then put it back in there. Depending on the mod, perhaps you could modify the name of the file (but this is not always an option). The other solutionwould be to modify the scripts if the source is available.
 Lorden Darkblade
06-17-2004, 1:14 PM
Same thing.
How erasing all the Override and puutting all back there again would fix the problem?
It's not that. It cant be unless we have a special utc that fix itself. :P
 Darth333
06-17-2004, 1:45 PM
Same thing.
How erasing all the Override and puutting all back there again would fix the problem?
You would notice with which mod the problem occurs if you drop things one by one.

It's not that. It cant be unless we have a special utc that fix itself. :P
Huh? A utc that fix itself? I don't understand what you mean by that :confused:
Did you even verified what i told you about the .utc before saying that it can't be that? The problems you described about npcs not reacting like they should looks like a typical .utc conflict.
 Prime
06-17-2004, 2:06 PM
Are you people reading?! Please refrain from verbally attacking those who are trying to help you. Flames will not be tolerated.
 Lorden Darkblade
06-17-2004, 2:07 PM
How they would conflict if there are not more then 1 utc with the same name?
 Darth333
06-17-2004, 2:13 PM
Thanks for your input Prime ;) .
How they would conflict if there are not more then 1 utc with the same name?

Reload2K:
I understand that you have only one .utc in your override folder right?
It could conflict with a .utc file in the game that uses the same name. The author of the mod may have extracted the utc from another module but that utc would have different contents but the same name so when you put it into your override folder, it overrides all the other utcs with the same name. Now, open KT, go to RIMs --> module where the bug occurs --> blueprint characters and check if there is a .utc with the same name as the .utc in your override folder.
 Colma Adawin
06-17-2004, 2:54 PM
okay Dude i've played a wee bit with your override file and your problem with the 4 sith troopers that wont die is that you've added a mod that changed them into sith 'students'. i've also warped to Taris and all the original white sithtroopers are change to sith students and i think this is affecting your First part of the game, my advise so far, get rid of this mod.

and about the Endar Spire footlocker mod ( the one where trask gets you and then you go to the footlocker and get the prototype stuff) could you be so kind as to E-mail that to me, thanx

MattCole, more as i find it.

PS. where were the other problem spots?
 Colma Adawin
06-17-2004, 3:10 PM
Why have you got Ceeia Ventress on there and why does she look like Revan?

oh and could you also send me carths stuff mod eg. carths armour, blasters. thanx again

MattCole
 Lorden Darkblade
06-17-2004, 4:54 PM
The other problem is right after I enter the Star Forge, but I dont think you will have that problem cuz I already cleaned the Override once for it and I think it has fixed it.
Well I was sure I ahd removed ALL Sith Armada files from there, after that thing with Sidious I deleted most of it.
Please if you can do it for me...
About the sith troopers, which file you think it's doing that? Could you try to fix it?
The blasters and prototype weapons are from RedHawke, nice mod eh :D
I'll send all his 3 MOD to ya the Revan Pack, Revan the WHite Pack and the Blaster Pack.

And Prime I'm sorry but I already said in the begining of the Post that I had no files conflicting/same names.
 Darth333
06-17-2004, 4:57 PM

About the sith troopers, which file you think it's doing that? Could you try to fix it?

What's the EXACT name of the .utc files you have in your override folder?
 Colma Adawin
06-17-2004, 5:01 PM
Please if you can do it for me...

i could try but i would need the files for the sith troopers -> sith students mod, the remenants of the sith armarda mod can be concidered gone!! :)

MattCole

Edit: Darth333 are you talking to me about the .utc?
 Darth333
06-17-2004, 5:06 PM
Originally posted by MattColejk

MattCole

Edit: Darth333 are you talking to me about the .utc?

I'll give some cookies to the first person whocan give me the name of the file :D or the name of the mod with download link (more cookies) :D :D
 Lorden Darkblade
06-17-2004, 5:07 PM
Ok the name of the utc files on the override folder are:
dan14_deadman2.utc
dan14_sherruk.utc
g_sithtroop002.utc
kor38b_jorakuln.utc
kor39_utharwynn.utc
kor39_yuthura.utc
p_bastilla.utc
p_cand.utc
p_carth.utc
p_hk47.utc
p_jolee001.utc
p_jolee.utc
p_juhani.utc
p_mission.utc
p_t3m4.utc
p_zaalbar.utc
salesman_droid.utc
salesman_jedi.utc
salesman_mando.utc
salesman_smug.utc
tar02_bountyh022.utc
tar02_bountyh023.utc
tar03_brejik031.utc
tar03_selven031.utc
unk43_theone.utc
unk44_evilbast.utc
Ok thats it.

"g_sithtroop002.utc" Can this be it? I dont remember what MOD has this file
 Colma Adawin
06-17-2004, 5:12 PM
@ReLoaD2K

hey thanks for the redhawke mods. but i still need the files for sithtrooper 2 sithstudent, then we shall should be good to go.

@Darth333

It was ReLoad2k's e-mail that my computer saw, that i did not.

MattCole
 Lorden Darkblade
06-17-2004, 5:19 PM
I cant find what MOD uses that g_sithtroop002.utc
Try removing this MattCole and see if it fixes the Sith Trooper 2 Stith Studant.
 Colma Adawin
06-17-2004, 5:37 PM
I cant find what MOD uses that g_sithtroop002.utc
Try removing this MattCole and see if it fixes the Sith Trooper 2 Stith Studant.

Hey its now sorted!!!! YIPPEE!!!!

i'll send your Override bac to you now!

MattCole
 Lorden Darkblade
06-17-2004, 5:39 PM
It was that?

Did you tryied the Star Forge?
Page: 1 of 1