Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

6th custom saber

Page: 1 of 1
 Seprithro
06-12-2004, 2:49 AM
i consider myself fairly humble, but i must say "DAMN I'M GOOD!!"
HILT (http://gallery51159.fotopic.net/p5091748.html)

Blade (http://gallery51159.fotopic.net/p5091749.html)

I call this one "Svцsh's lightsaber" i'll put it up for download soon, DON'T CHECK TILL THEN. i'll post here when it's up.

(and yes svцsh knows about this, it's an inside joke)
 Darth Khasei
06-12-2004, 2:55 AM
Nice. Red is always nice:D
 Colma Adawin
06-12-2004, 3:00 AM
Nice Work Sep i cannot wait to download it. i've got you other sabres so i might as well have the sixth! MattCole
 svцsh
06-12-2004, 3:08 AM
Excellent work as always my friend, love the title lol ;) keep the awesome sabers coming.

svцsh
 Achilles
06-12-2004, 3:20 AM
Very cool!!!

I'd love to do saber hilts but have yet to find much instruction on them. Any advice for a photoshop n00b that's barely figured out how to work the buttons?
 J'ando
06-12-2004, 3:46 AM
Advice for the photoshop n00b that's barely learned the buttons: Learn the buttons better ;)

Just my 2-cents worth. Actually I'm old-school and use Photoshop 5.0. I created my white sabers I just made by using the fill tool and color replacement at 100% on white then by applying a blur more filter to blend everything to gether well, so it no longer looks like concentric rings on a black background.

I was trying to make a red lightsaber with gold sparkles in it but I can't get the "gold" dots to show up right, they're too heavy. Might have to play around with the brush intensity tomorrow, see if turning it down will let me get it in there softer.

I laughed pretty good when I inadvertently made it solid black instead of just really dark, see I wanted a barely visible and you could still see the not-quite-black in the image, but in the game it was completely invisible, so I went and warped to another map and did a fight... kinda funny to see your char fight someone with nothing but a handle.
 Colja
06-12-2004, 4:25 AM
Very cool sep
 svцsh
06-12-2004, 3:19 PM
Originally posted by J'ando
I was trying to make a red lightsaber with gold sparkles in it but I can't get the "gold" dots to show up right, they're too heavy. Might have to play around with the brush intensity tomorrow, see if turning it down will let me get it in there softer.

I to am an old school Photoshop user a trick I learned years ago when making virtual waves. Was a small brush set to airbrush, opacity next to none and brush settings at dissolve may give you the gold flek you want add this to another layer then you can play with the layer settings as well.

svцsh
 J'ando
06-12-2004, 8:04 PM
Thanks for the tip, I'll have to try that. Any other little tricks you know that you might like to share? Not just with me, mind you, but with everyone.
 Darth333
06-12-2004, 8:19 PM
Nice work as always Sep :)
 AbCsR2hAwD
06-12-2004, 9:19 PM
can you release the Sep-Rith-ro's saber or the Svцsh's lightsaber as just reskins? because i dont want to add more items
 Seprithro
06-13-2004, 12:43 AM
no
 AbCsR2hAwD
06-13-2004, 7:35 PM
i've got another question. does this saber relplace something? or do i have to cheat for it
 Seprithro
06-13-2004, 9:34 PM
at present, all my sabers are only available through cheats, and none of them overwrite anything else in game, this helps them keep a custom fell, if i can find a good script teacher, soon i may script them in-game
 Malak369
06-13-2004, 10:24 PM
Darth333 seems good with scripts...
 Ajunta Pall
06-13-2004, 10:26 PM
*drools on Sep's shoe* Oh, er, sorry, Sep, heh heh :D. Sweeeeeeeeeeeeeet mod. And as Khasei said, red is always nice :P.
 T7nowhere
06-13-2004, 10:29 PM
I added all your sabers to the droid(Holowan Plug-in) on the ebon hawk. So you can buy them all. well accept for this one, it would be easy enough for someone to add all you have to do is:

open cheatbot.utm -> expand the item list select node 0 hit ctrl+c -> select itemlist again and hit ctrl+v scroll down the list and expand node 001-> select InventoryRes and add the resref for the item you want to add. last hit ctrl+s ->close the file and load KotOR and open the droid store on the ebon hawk. :) This IS very easy to do!
 Seprithro
06-14-2004, 1:21 AM
yeah i knew it would be, when i get time i'll come up with something, right now i am work on another mod, my first armor mod, it's actually quite hard, i am already 9 hours into it, and still just getting started
 Seprithro
06-29-2004, 10:59 AM
due to some screw up with freewebs.com, i havent been able to get this up yet, when their site is fixed, it will be ready to go
 Seprithro
06-30-2004, 1:41 AM
ok, site is fixed now, and mods are up, get em now before the bandwidth is gone :D

Sep's Mods (http://www.freewebs.com/seprithro/)
 svцsh
06-30-2004, 2:11 AM
Awesome man just got my hands on it again ;) looks great

svцsh
 tk102
06-30-2004, 2:48 AM
Sep, I've tried downloading both your newest saber and you original saber and both appear to be slightly corrupted. The tag, comment and the templateresref show glitches in GFF Editor and neither would display properly in the game. (The icon was missing, and both blades showed up as blue, with standard hilt.)

I then read your uti file with my Bioware:GFF.pm and edited the Tag, TemplateResRef and Comment fields and resaved them. They now work correctly for me.
 Seprithro
06-30-2004, 6:08 PM
thats odd tk, anyone else had any problems with them? if so let me know, i know about the little boxes in the descriptions and stuff, but they show no negitive effects on the apperance, that i can see, if anyone else has any trouble please let me know. This is why i BEG for feedback from everyone :D
 Colma Adawin
07-01-2004, 2:59 AM
i've NEVER had a problem with your sabres and trust i've got ALL of them and think there AMAZING!!!!

MattCole
 Mav
07-01-2004, 4:27 AM
Hey Sep,

I just thought I would let you know that your PM box is full
Page: 1 of 1