Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Light saber stance script

Page: 1 of 1
 Gotaiken
06-10-2004, 3:26 AM
the one i found here doesnt work, i just wanna be able to change from red to yellow.
 Prime
06-10-2004, 12:41 PM
Uh, press the "switch stance" key?
 --ZeeMan--
06-10-2004, 1:25 PM
default "L" key.... :D in case that helps
 AIVAS
06-10-2004, 5:25 PM
Perhps he's talking about when you use setforceall 3, and with single saber, your stance becomes stuck after cycling through once.

I STILL haven't found a way to fix it though :mad:
 Crow_Nest
06-11-2004, 3:31 AM
Simple you just bind 2 different keys for changing stances, example i have 1 key binded to "L" and the other one binded to "mouse wheel down". So all i have to do is press "L" and mouse wheel down and i can change stances

And it works pretty well!

Originally posted by AIVAS
I STILL haven't found a way to fix it though :mad:

You properly missed the old threads last year, there were a few threads with fixes for this bug
 Gotaiken
06-11-2004, 7:04 AM
when i assign it 2 keys it still transitions slowly, how can i make it instantly skip 2 saber stances
 Crow_Nest
06-11-2004, 9:52 AM
Maybe you can do that when you edit one of the .sab files located in the ext_data/sabers folder in assests1.pk3.

But i wouldnt go through all that trouble if i were you.
 katanamaru
06-13-2004, 3:33 AM
I bound a key to this script:

bind [ "setsaberstyle ss_medium; addsaberstyle fast; addsaberstyle strong"

Use whatever key you want, I used [ so that I don't hit it on accident. You can even make more saber stance buttons.

bind ] "setsaberstyle ss_medium; addsaberstyle fast; addsaberstyle desann"

This time instead of 'addsaberstyle strong' I choose desann's since it is really unbalenced in single player.

The styles are:

fast
medium
strong
tavion
desann

I think you can even use these two but I haven't tried them:

dual
staff

Give them a shot and respond if they work. On a side note these binds will overwrite any style set by a .sab file.
 AIVAS
06-13-2004, 6:13 AM
Originally posted by katanamaru
I bound a key to this script:

bind [ "setsaberstyle ss_medium; addsaberstyle fast; addsaberstyle strong"

Use whatever key you want, I used [ so that I don't hit it on accident. You can even make more saber stance buttons.

bind ] "setsaberstyle ss_medium; addsaberstyle fast; addsaberstyle desann"

This time instead of 'addsaberstyle strong' I choose desann's since it is really unbalenced in single player.

The styles are:

fast
medium
strong
tavion
desann

I think you can even use these two but I haven't tried them:

dual
staff

Give them a shot and respond if they work. On a side note these binds will overwrite any style set by a .sab file.

Hmmm, I wonder what desann's style would be like when entered while using a saber staff...
 Gotaiken
06-15-2004, 2:16 AM
thanx a lot
 Gotaiken
06-15-2004, 3:01 AM
the game says it doesnt know the command add saberstyle
 Gotaiken
06-15-2004, 3:02 AM
and setsaberstyle either, the script doesnt work
 Crow_Nest
06-15-2004, 8:35 AM
Next time click http://crownest.poonpipi.com/images/edit.gif) if you want to add some more last minute info into your posts instead of tripple posting
 katanamaru
06-17-2004, 1:09 AM
Are you sure it doesn't work? I pulled that bind right out of my jaconfig.cfg file, and I use it every time I play. Did you first enable cheats with 'helpusobi 1'? Also are typeing it in exactly like I've shown it, with parenthases and all? If you reply again post what you typed in and I'll look to see if you made a mistake.

As far as: setsaberstyle
That command tells the game to reset your saber style to the one specified. I used: setsaberstylle ss_medium
the ss is for Single Saber.

After that you have to tell it what other styles you want, so you use: addsaberstyle

To show off another script I use is this little beauty:

bind F8 "saber saesee; setsaberstyle ss_medium; addsaberstyle fast; addsaberstyle desann; sabercolor 1 blue"

Now with the push of a button i can change my saber too Saesee's, pick the three styles I want, and even set the color of the blade.

Try this one out if you can't get the others too work.
QUICK NOTE:
If you don't have a saber pak that has a saber called "saesee" it will give you a reborn hilt. So try another saber instead like 'kyle' or 'luke' or even 'desann'.
Page: 1 of 1