Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Recruiting

Page: 1 of 1
 *Atris*
06-05-2004, 10:22 AM
Hi can someone please help i want to make a mod that recruits other people but i dont understand how to do it, can some one explain
 Darth_ToMeR
06-05-2004, 10:24 AM
 *Atris*
06-05-2004, 11:32 AM
thanx i have trouble compliling the nss files into ncs files, and how do you make a specific character addable like the jedi at the very start?
 Darth_ToMeR
06-05-2004, 11:53 AM
You compiler from the stick topic. And i didn't understand your second question.
 *Atris*
06-05-2004, 11:57 AM
the second question is he used yuthura which is easy because she has her own tag nad name, but at teh start of the game you incounter a jedi (fighting a dark jedi) i want to make her survive and be adable.
 mgnails
06-05-2004, 12:07 PM
If you want her to survive, you need to open up the module files end_m01aa.rim and look at some of the explosion scripts. I think that if you get rid of the those scripts and edit trasks dialogue, you could have oit so she kills the dark jedi, there are no explosions and trask can say something like "Oh great, that jedi who was accompaning Bastilla survived that fight with the dark jedi" then he could say"Damn! More sith troopers." Then you would need a script to make the jedi fight the sith along with you. Then after the fight is over, you can talk to her and she joins you. Unfortunately. It would be difficult to make a portrait of her. When you choose the female model that that jedi uses as your PC, then when you come into the fight, the jedi has a different head.
 *Atris*
06-05-2004, 12:42 PM
im having no look i reomve every explosion from the file but they are still there
 Darth333
06-05-2004, 2:47 PM
The explosions are just visual effects and have nothing to see on whether or not she survives. I haven't look at the scripts because I don't have the game with me but i assume there should be a script to make her die. So even if you remove the explosion effects, it won't change anything. You'll certainly need to replace some scripts located in Trask's dialog and in the utc files of the two jedis (spawn script and user define script) and redo the dialog. I could be wrong about the functions since I haven't checked the files.

As for the portrait, just take a screenshot of her during the game, save it as a tga file and add a line to the portrait.2da file that will be referred to in the utc file. For the format, see this thread: http://lucasforums.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=128548)

For the rest, DarthTomer directed you at the tutorial thread, which contains the recruitment script. I suggest you download one of the recruitable mods and compare the files with the originals that are in the game.
 *Atris*
06-07-2004, 10:29 AM
hi in the script used to add yuthura it goes "AddAvailableNPCByTemplate(7, "p_yuthura");"

What would i need to put inplace of yuthura to add Dia?
 *Atris*
06-07-2004, 10:53 AM
i have decided not to recruite someone on the Enadar Spire but instead am going to recruite Dia on Taris, after you remove the bounty on her head she will ask to join you and will reveal that she is a jedi who survived the attack on the endar spire by using force camoflage and got aboard a sith boarding ship, but it was set an auto pilot to taris. and she will replace t3m4 so you can either use t3m4 to get itno the base and then recruite her or im going to give her freakishly high security skills to get into the base with out the help of t3m4, you choose.
 *Atris*
06-08-2004, 3:04 PM
hi in the script used to add yuthura it goes "AddAvailableNPCByTemplate(7, "p_yuthura");"

What would i need to put inplace of yuthura to add Dia?

Does any one know???
 Darth333
06-08-2004, 3:11 PM
You have to create a new .utc file for Dia that makes her a party member by setting the faction to 2. You also need to change the references to the scripts in there if you want her to behave like a party member. I suggest you compare the utc files in one of the recruitable mods (Yuthura is a good example) with the originals. In the Template ResRef field add per example new_dia (note this is not the name that appears above her head during the game)and in the tag field T3M4. Oh and don't forget ot rename the .utc file or it will simply override the original file

Then the script that you will attach to the convo with the original Dia should be:

void main ()
{
RemoveAvailableNPC(7);
AddAvailableNPCByTemplate(7, "new_dia");
}

Even if you raise Dia's security skills to open the doors of the Sith base it wont change anything: these doors open only if you have t3m4 with you. In fact since she uses the same tag as T3M4 she should be able to open the doors but i haven't tested this yet. However a problem could occur concerning plot advancement since you would skip the part where you purchase t3m4. I can't check it right now because i don't have the game with me but that can be arranged easily if it occurs.
 *Atris*
06-08-2004, 4:03 PM
where do i find the "Template ResRef field" in the utc folder i can olny see blueprint resref and i cant edit that
 Darth333
06-08-2004, 4:06 PM
Extract the .utc file for Dia and open it with a gff editor. You should see the Template ResRef, the tag and the Script fields somewhere in the list.
Page: 1 of 1