Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

What do you do.....

Page: 1 of 1
 ZBomber
06-01-2004, 8:44 PM
.....when you are bored?

I usually go to Lucasforums and some other forums, play Baseball, Map JA, or listen to music. :)

So, what do you do when you are bored?
 topshot
06-02-2004, 12:42 AM
Well, in the case of boredom, I draw, then when that's become boring, I try to find something that'll either get me to laugh, or satisfy my appetite for excitement by watching a good movie (or listening to good music, for that matter).

Something that involves a little action. :)
 StormHammer
06-02-2004, 10:06 AM
I'm never bored, because there's always something to do.

That's not to say that sometimes I'm not lethargic, and don't want to do anything at all.
 Sivy
06-02-2004, 10:30 AM
i'm only bored when i'm at work, so i come here to pass the time.
 ZBomber
06-02-2004, 3:22 PM
Lucky! I often find myself bored.... :(
 Pad
06-06-2004, 1:12 PM
Bored, whatґs that?

Keep your life busy, thatґs the answer ;)
 ZBomber
06-07-2004, 12:04 PM
Originally posted by Pad
Bored, whatґs that?

Keep your life busy, thatґs the answer ;)

But HOW do you do that? Give examples! :xp:
 adillon
06-10-2004, 9:07 AM
when i'm bored i do one of many things ...

- keep working on my house renovations (will it EVER end?!)
- hone my computer modeling skills
- tool around online
- play my xbox (currently enveloped in the crimson skies universe)
 Pad
06-10-2004, 9:39 AM
Originally posted by ZBomber
But HOW do you do that? Give examples! :xp:
Simple, make your life busy ;)

Things I do to get around the boredom:
I recently started with 3D modeling so Iґm playing with my max a lot. Iґm also more into to designing stage with Illustrator so that helps aswell. I play guitar, I draw now and then, I do some sports, juggle, go out with friends, play CoD, search usefull info on things, ...

As you can see everything helps ;)
 Taos
06-10-2004, 3:13 PM
Originally posted by Siv

I completely agree with this statement. Nah, work is not that bad, but it's close. I recently purchased the major league baseball package for satellite, now I get to watch every game all across the country. Well, of course, I just watch the best ones anyways. ;) So I don't get bored very often......if I do, I just start drinking beer or something, then instantly, boredom goes away. :D

Note: If you're under the legal drinking age, don't try this at home :P
 adillon
06-10-2004, 3:31 PM
Originally posted by Leemu Taos
I recently purchased the major league baseball package for satellite, now I get to watch every game all across the country. Well, of course, I just watch the best ones anyways. ;) So I don't get bored very often......if I do, I just start drinking beer or something, then instantly, boredom goes away. :D
yeah, the phillies and a brew or 2 (or 9) ... that's a killer way to not be bored. good call, leemu. :cool:
 ZBomber
06-10-2004, 9:06 PM
Iґm playing with my max a lot.

:lol:

I'm gonna learn to code (PHP, Java, etc...) this summer, along with JA Modeling. :)

I haven't been watching baseball lately, but I'm going to a BSox game tommarow. :)
 adillon
06-11-2004, 11:04 AM
I haven't been watching baseball lately, but I'm going to a BSox game tommarow. :)
and now that nomar has recovered from his injury and has finally started playing this season, it should be a good game ... have fun.
 Glaive v.1
06-11-2004, 11:19 AM
well when i get bored i play a good computer game, go on forums. chat to my freinds on MSN. i just try not to be bored coz i tend to get really depressed when i have nothing to do.
 ZBomber
06-12-2004, 3:48 PM
The game was awesome! :D Nomar hit it all the way to the top of the Green Monster, almost a homerun, but he still got a double and 2 RBI's from it. ^_^

I think the final score was 3-9, Boston. :)
 Corax
06-21-2004, 12:36 PM
heya folks..

When i am bored i either play PC games..go and mountain bike around ..anywhere :P talk to my freinds on MSN or go onto other forums...

Corax
 Sabretooth
07-20-2004, 10:39 AM
I bungee jump with decaying giraffes when I'm bored!

Seriously though, I play games or come to LF, or just dive into the internet and see where the road takes me.
 Doomie
07-26-2004, 6:27 AM
I go to LF... though usually, i stay bored there... like now... Strange as it may seem, Bim_blaster_bob and Arkle-seizure were pretty fun, they made everything less boring... though they were annoying as hell, they kept posting, arkle-seizure got banned four times :D Can't say i was bored then...

EDIT: oh yeah, i also download Demo's from games i might want...
 ZBomber
07-26-2004, 12:16 PM
Yay, now I'm setting up a website for Rock N' Roll! Yay, go me! :D
 RoxStar
08-05-2004, 10:25 AM

I'm gonna learn to code (PHP, Java, etc...) this summer, along with JA Modeling. :)

Good Call. Then you can be caught up with me. ;).

Good Idea. A lot of kids learn to code at your age. Including me :D. You should talk to mongo about messing with the code on his "other" ssbmtc forums. The java will be good to know since it is based on c and c++ but php is where the internet is really going these days,

cheers,

Rox
 topshot
08-05-2004, 11:57 AM
Yay, now I'm setting up a website for Rock N' Roll! Yay, go me! :D

To quote ATHF:"I don't need to learn in order to know how ROCK!", or something like that. :D

Is it going to be a Rock history-type-of-page, or a shrine dedicated to a certain band, or is it going to be just an average all-rock website? I'd like to know because I'm curious as to what you're going to do with it. ;)
 ET Warrior
08-05-2004, 2:00 PM
I visit LF alot when bored, play video games often, go out and play tennis, maybe play some hockey, watch movies with my girlfriend, hang out with friends, on occasion I'll write little programs to keep my coding skills mildly intact over the summer, etc. etc. :D
 Pad
08-05-2004, 2:03 PM
Originally posted by ET Warrior
I visit LF alot when bored, etc...
Youґre bored a lot arent you? :p
 ZBomber
08-05-2004, 2:38 PM
Originally posted by topshot
To quote ATHF:"I don't need to learn in order to know how ROCK!", or something like that. :D

Is it going to be a Rock history-type-of-page, or a shrine dedicated to a certain band, or is it going to be just an average all-rock website? I'd like to know because I'm curious as to what you're going to do with it. ;)

Basically a shrine, i guess you could say. ^_^ It's gonna have the band I'm interested in (AC/DC, Aerosmith, Guns N Roses, Led Zeppelin, etc....). There will probably be band history, lyrics, midis, pics, videos, and stuff like that.
 ET Warrior
08-07-2004, 1:45 AM
Originally posted by Pad
Youґre bored a lot arent you? :p

All the freakin time :xp:
 El Sitherino
08-07-2004, 2:07 AM
I visit LF and run around my house naked while talking to myself.
 Pad
08-07-2004, 7:31 AM
Originally posted by InsaneSith
I visit LF and run around my house naked while touching myself.
Sure you do :p

* Giggles *
 ZBomber
08-07-2004, 8:34 PM
Well, I'm certaintly not busy anymore. Here's what I've been doing:

*Working on SSBM mod
*Playing Diablo II
*Posting
*Working on a website
*Learning JavaScrip and C++
 ET Warrior
08-07-2004, 8:51 PM
*Playing Diablo II

I almost picked up a copy of Diablo II for 13 bucks, but I got Diablo I for 3 instead :D

Is diablo II as good as the first? Because for it's age Diablo is neat. :)
 ZBomber
08-07-2004, 8:57 PM
I almost picked up a copy of Diablo II for 13 bucks, but I got Diablo I for 3 instead :D

Is diablo II as good as the first? Because for it's age Diablo is neat. :)

If you love Diablo I, you'll LOVE Diablo II. Its just so much better, it's hard to like Diablo because Diablo II is so much better. ;)

And, if you play Diablo II on US-East Non-Ladder, I'll hook you up with some good items. ;)

If you can, buy the Battle Chest. Comes With Diablo, Diablo II, Diablo II Expansion Pack, and the strategy guide (Which is actually pretty helpful for figuring out how you want to build your char)

Whatever way you do it, make sure you get D2 and Lord of Destruction, the expansion pack. ;) The Battlechest is about 40 bucks, btw.
 ET Warrior
08-08-2004, 2:33 AM
40 dollars? Are you insane? I'll go back to EB games and pick up Diablo II for 13 bucks, and careful shopping could get me the expansion for like 10. :p

I'd really like to pick it up, but school is starting soon, and with Fable and Halo 2 on the horizon, my gaming calendar is booked :dozey:
 ZBomber
08-08-2004, 11:06 AM
40 dollars? Are you insane? I'll go back to EB games and pick up Diablo II for 13 bucks, and careful shopping could get me the expansion for like 10. :p

I'd really like to pick it up, but school is starting soon, and with Fable and Halo 2 on the horizon, my gaming calendar is booked :dozey:

I guess. Diablo II is from..... 1999 I think. And the x-pac game out 2001, so it is pretty old as gaming goes. ;)

EDIT - I'd like to say, it has a TON of reply value. There are 7 charecter classes:
Palidin
Druid
Barbarian
Necromancer
Sorceress
Amazon
Assassin

Paladins are the Holy Warriors. They are experts in combat (with melee attacks, which could be using their sword or even shield, and holy attacks which include sending a holy bolt of lightn ing straight into your enemy) and have spevials skills called "Auras". Each Aura does something different, but only one can be on at a time.

Druids use the land as their weapon. They can cast out Fire and Wind attacks, such as volcanoes, hurricanes, and even Armagedons. They can also call out for animals to help them, like wolves and bears. The druid can even turn into a werewolf or a werebear!

Barbarians are the ultime melee combats. Their brute strength alows them to swings two weapons at once. They also have War cries, which increase certain things like life, mana, and damage.

Necromancers have control over the dead. They can summon golems and skeletons from corpses. They also can use curses (like Amplify damage, which increase damage given) and Posion and Bone attacks (such as Bone Spear or Posion Nova)

Sorceresses are the least strongest, but make up for it with their awesome magic abiltiies. They can use fire, ice, or lightning. The sorceress can even teleport to avoid being hit!

Amazons have mastered the use of bows and spears. They hav e the ability to throw lightning javelins, or shoot arrows that follow your target.

Assassins are actually female. They are masters in the Martial Arts. They can also use shadow diciplines like casting a shadow warrior, burst of speed, or mind blast. They can also set traps that kill your enemies.

Diablo II has the stat system like Diablo I, where you get 5 stat points for every level, and get to choose if you put them in Strength, Dexterity, Vitality, or Energy. But, there are also skill points. One is awarded for every level, and can be used for some of the skills listed above. There are about 30 skills for each type of charecter, and each skill can have a max of 20 put into them (but you can get skill bonuses from items you have. ;)). The highest lvl your charecter can be is lvl 99, but most people stop around 85 because it is hard to lvl after that. ;)

Yes, it's a good game, and yes I wrote all this. Go buy it now. :D
 ET Warrior
08-08-2004, 1:22 PM
Damn you Zed, I want this game so badly now :xp:

I would totally be a sorceress, I'm always a magic user in RPG's. :D

I just don't knowif I have the funds/time necessary to play it....hmmm.......
 ZBomber
08-08-2004, 1:43 PM
Damn you Zed, I want this game so badly now :xp:

I would totally be a sorceress, I'm always a magic user in RPG's. :D

I just don't knowif I have the funds/time necessary to play it....hmmm.......

Get on MSN. ;)

The best part is you can duel other people too, and there are hundred of items you can use!

www.battle.net) :)
 Alegis
08-10-2004, 5:16 AM
Originally posted by InsaneSith
I visit LF and run around my house naked while talking to myself.
oh, thats original. here in belgium everyone does that
 Acrylic
08-10-2004, 1:41 PM
I play guitar. Im usually bored a lot of the day, so I end up playing my guitar for 5 hours or so.

And I just picked up Skies of Arcadia for game cube a couple days ago. Ive played for 3 hours so far, and Im hooked. :)
 Evil Dark Jedi
08-15-2004, 4:52 AM
Boot up the comp and come here or play a bit of AOE or I put my xbox on and jump off the empire stste building in spider-man 2.
 Rogue15
08-16-2004, 12:48 AM
I play xbox and listen to music. And come and hang out here. that's about all i ever do cause i'm bored all the damn time, and I got no friends within a state of me. XD
 RoxStar
08-17-2004, 7:33 PM
Originally posted by Siv

Does your boss know about that?:p
 Mex
08-17-2004, 8:54 PM
I listen to music, play my Xbox and visit Lucasforums. The usual.
 ZBomber
08-17-2004, 8:58 PM
Originally posted by RoxStar
Does your boss know about that?:p

I think he's in the army, and they probably let him do things when he has nothing important to do. ;)
 ET Warrior
08-19-2004, 1:47 AM
what do you do.....when you are bored?
Your mom. :indif:

That was WAY out of line :D
 CapNColostomy
08-19-2004, 1:59 AM
Beer and pc first person shooters. Unless the wifey's in the mood. Then it's Beer, PC FPS's, and booty.
 ET Warrior
08-19-2004, 2:07 AM
Originally posted by CapNColostomy
Then it's Beer, PC FPS's, and booty.

Hopefully in that order too :D
 ZBomber
08-19-2004, 2:13 AM
Beer and pc first person shooters. Unless the wifey's in the mood. Then it's Beer, PC FPS's, and booty.

I find it funny you put beer and games before your wife. :D
 CapNColostomy
08-19-2004, 2:16 AM
I find it funny you put beer and games before your wife. :D

Well DUH!!!

No, it just usually works out that way. I get in from work, unwind with beer and a few games. Then when the kids are all put to bed and what not is taken care of at the house...well, you know the rest.
 ZBomber
08-19-2004, 2:18 AM
Well DUH!!!

No, it just usually works out that way. I get in from work, unwind with beer and a few games. Then when the kids are all put to bed and what not is taken care of at the house...well, you know the rest.

I guess that makes sence. I forgot that you have kids. :p

Why noy drink beer, play video games, AND get some lovin at the same time? :D

*runs off to invent a machine that will help with this process*
 CapNColostomy
08-19-2004, 2:50 AM
I've gathered all the essential tools. Now you must begin construction, and keep me updated on your progress. Go. And work.

http://store1.yimg.com/I/gsdotcom_1805_25012879) +http://image.com.com/gamespot/images/2003/pc/jointops/joint_screen003.jpg+) [http://www.hsionline.com/products/jsweave/usrimage/chairbed300.gif)

I seem to have completely screwed up the IMG tags...It was going to be funny, too! I PROMISE!
 ZBomber
08-19-2004, 3:01 AM
Aye aye sir! And it may not be fully functional, don't blame me if you somehow end up with more children!
Page: 1 of 1