Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

dead npc's

Page: 1 of 1
 kage_rikimaru
05-30-2004, 1:16 PM
Ok one easy question. How do I make an npc die and his body stay there for a long time. I need this for my upcomeing map(s) The Attack on Cornet. Can someone plz help me !!!!!:confused: :band: :atat:
 lassev
05-30-2004, 5:28 PM
I have heard that if you use the kill script command to kill the NPCs they will stay right where they drop dead. I haven't tried this myself (I think it's perfectly natural bodies mystically disappear in mere minutes), but it's definitely worth a shot.

Happy scripting!
 kage_rikimaru
05-30-2004, 7:11 PM
ok thx ill try that :)
 kage_rikimaru
05-30-2004, 7:23 PM
ok I tryed but Im a complete nube when it comes to scripting so how do I do what you said??? also do you know how to make new weapons plus I have one more problem. I accidently opened my map in notepad so now all my maps are in notepad so do you know how to change it back ????
 Samuel Dravis
05-31-2004, 12:35 AM
How do I make an npc die and his body stay there for a long time. To make bodies stay for a long time, just use the g_corpseremovaltime command. Make your mod activate a script with the command set to an appropriate value. It's default is 10 (seconds).
I have one more problem. I accidently opened my map in notepad so now all my maps are in notepad so do you know how to change it back ????
Press shift when rightclicking on the map file, then select "Choose Program...". Choose gtkRadiant, and check the checkbox that says "Always use this program to open this type of file.". Fixed!
Page: 1 of 1