Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Sam N Max 2: The Most Important Game Of The 2004 E3?

Page: 1 of 1
 StonerDaveN'Max
05-28-2004, 10:25 PM
For those who have started to, or lost faith about Sam and Max 2, here is the god given new hope.

Today, I did something I haven't done in a dogs age, and checked www.Savesamandmax.com). When I did, I found an article about S N' M 2 at E3! It is the best news toward the game since its been cancelled, and came across so many points, I will only list a few.

"Lucas Arts legal rights to the Sam n Max characters expire in one year, at that time the rights revert back to the character’s creator. What happens then is anyone’s guess."

"Twice during the 3-day event, I found myself standing in a line behind attendees whose name tags identified them as Lucas Arts employees. Both times I initiated a conversation with others in the line about Sam n Max 2’s cancellation, my voice just loud enough for the Lucas Arts employees to overhear. They seemed to almost involuntarily cringe whenever Sam N Max was mentioned, or maybe it was just hopeful wishing on my part."

"It is rumored that several ex-employees of Lucas Arts are now interested in developing their own properties. Now instead of one blockbuster game, we may have quite a few smaller, high quality games that would revitalize the entire genre and attract attention from the mainstream."

If you would like a direct link to the site, Click Here (http://www.justadventure.com/articles/SamnMax2/SamnMax2.shtm)

Along with the news, it has unreleased pictures that I found beautiful.

In closing, I hope this fuels back your hope, now start posting, and start fighting again! If we quit now, then where has all of our old fighting gotten us to?

[Participate in the poll please]
 Skinkie
05-28-2004, 10:32 PM
Marek over at Adventure Gamers says he can back up the claims made in the bullet points. So, its really just another kick in the stomach.
 StonerDaveN'Max
05-28-2004, 10:37 PM
In lamen terms please
 SyntheticGerbil
05-29-2004, 3:03 AM
I can turn away, I can fire the gun. Whichever I chose it amounts to the same: Absolutely nothing. Killing an arab.
 Dr Edison 007
05-29-2004, 6:16 AM
I don't fight, I do the peaceful thing of silent protests, then me and my hippy brothers join up to smoke a big doobie.

Would you like to join us, Dave?
 Brushguy
05-29-2004, 1:44 PM
Fresh hope! It's nice to know how Sam and Max 2 made it to E3 after all. :D

Besides, I still believe the game is "on hold for a prolonged period of time" not "cancelled for good."
 Murray the Chao
05-29-2004, 4:39 PM
I am fighting all the way! We WILL get Sam&Max:Freelance Police whether FucasArts wants us to get it or not!
 Brushguy
05-29-2004, 6:22 PM
Go comrade!

But seriously, Lucasarts has the message, there's not much more that we as fans can do to reinforce it, we just have to wait on the game to re-surface.
 StonerDaveN'Max
05-29-2004, 6:35 PM
Dr. Edison, how many times do i have to say i dont use drugs:mad:. anyways, we will get the game one way or another. they never did say they were cancelling it for good anyway, they said now wasnt the time to release the game
 Pork_Soda
05-31-2004, 12:42 AM
This is good news. I was ready to forget about sam and max 2, but it's nice to know other people at E3 cared.
 Murray the Chao
05-31-2004, 6:40 PM
Let's all go over to the Home of the Underdogs forum and throw insults at George Pear. He said that Sam&Max:Freelance Police was shaping up to be a bad game! In fact, he said the game was crap!
 Dr Edison 007
06-01-2004, 6:47 AM
Let's all go over to the Home of the Underdogs forum and throw insults at George Pear. He said that Sam&Max:Freelance Police was shaping up to be a bad game! In fact, he said the game was crap!

How the hell would that do anything.

Just go over to the LucasArts support forums and bug Jay "the ****ing" administrator, okay?
 Skinkie
06-01-2004, 10:39 PM
Originally posted by Dr Edison 007
How the hell would that do anything.

Just go over to the LucasArts support forums and bug Jay "the ****ing" administrator, okay?

Don't encourage him.
 Dr Edison 007
06-02-2004, 6:13 AM
Yeah, but it keeps him away from here...
Page: 1 of 1