Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Desperately seeking shader help

Page: 1 of 1
 lkraan
05-27-2004, 5:35 AM
We are pretty much done with the first map for the Cardboard Tube Showdown MOD but the mapper (Tenken) and I really suck at anything that comes even close to coding. That includes shaders.

Here is a render of the map...
http://www.obeythetube.com/images/files/CTS-wp8_800x600.jpg)

The finishing touches of this map includes a shader that we can't seem to make. We have tried using Q3ASE and have searched the net a lot but we just don't get it :(

If somebody can hep us with this that would be very very cool and ofcourse you will be credited for it.

This is what needs to happen:
- The big metal monster at the edge of the map has a red ball on the top of his head (see render image). The monster with ball is 1 static mesh/map object and the ball is a separate part within the mesh which uses it's own texture.
- This ball needs to glow red in a way that there is a red "haze" around the ball. Kind of like a light with a glow but without the actual light.

I hope that somebody can help us out with the actual shader text!
 GothiX
05-27-2004, 5:53 AM
textures/omfg/redball
{
{
map $lightmap
}
{
map textures/omfg/redball
blendFunc GL_ZERO GL_ONE_MINUS_SRC_COLOR
}
{
map textures/omfg/redball
blendFunc GL_ONE GL_ONE
glow
tcGen environment
}
}

I think you can set the paths right yourself.
 wedge2211
05-27-2004, 4:46 PM
It's that "glow" line that is key. This creates what you see in-game when you look at a glowy shader.

One thing...some people's machines don't do dynamic glow. One thing you can try (GothiX probably could have bet you money that I would say this) is use a preexisting flare shader. Make a square, thin brush out of nodraw, and cover the two square opposite sides with a shader from the textures/flares set.
 lkraan
05-27-2004, 4:51 PM
Thanks a lot for the help! :D

I have sent it on to our mapper who's gonna try it out.
Page: 1 of 1