Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Darth Arachne (Sith Bastila) updates

Page: 1 of 1
 meek
05-26-2004, 10:03 AM
This is for all my imaginary fans :D

I'm new to this forum and I was disappointed to notice that you cannot edit the message subject afterwards (well, at least not so that it would be shown in public). So I have to post another msg...

Now Arachne-package has also gui portrait and party selection screen portraits.

Also, I have modified the appearance so that the model won't look ridicilous without clothes (looks similar to a darkside player character's jumper).

Furthermore, Arachne (Bastila) will now appear as if she was wearing her normal clothes when she's equipped with any Jedi robe. This change is optional, you can choose to take it or not when installing.

Party selection screen portrait (darkside):
http://merko.phkk.fi/~dicdom/screen3.jpg)

No clothes
http://merko.phkk.fi/~dicdom/screen4.jpg)

(the .zip)
http://merko.phkk.fi/~dicdom/darth_arachne.zip)

And for those who didn't get acquinted with the first version:

Behold her beauty and writhe in her wrath...
http://merko.phkk.fi/~dicdom/screen1_ad.jpg)

The Mistress of Dark Arts herself:
http://merko.phkk.fi/~dicdom/screen2_ad.jpg)
 lord_blodgett
05-26-2004, 11:30 AM
This actually made me dig KotoR out for the first time in months. (I've been busy with an old-school Dark Sun campaign.)
 Nodakrattler
05-26-2004, 6:02 PM
This might be good for Darth_Stalker's sith armada mod. I only wish there was a way for this to take affect after she goes evil with out having to wait to instal them.
 Malak369
05-26-2004, 6:09 PM
that would be cool if straker put this in his mod. it would go well with his other siths
 Darth Straker
05-26-2004, 6:33 PM
Nodakrattler, since Bastila doesn't originally has a DS skin, I believe you'll just have to wait to install, (btw, it's Straker not Stalker).
As for Sith Armada, you basically just DL this skin. I'm not going to include any DS Bastila skin, so you're free to use any skin of her.
 svцsh
05-26-2004, 7:57 PM
I’m normally not a fan of dark side stuff my self. But very nice work, keep it up :)

svцsh
 Darth Khasei
05-27-2004, 5:06 AM
Wickedly AWESOME!
 Mav
05-27-2004, 5:18 AM
I tend to lean towards the light side myself, but I do have to congradulate (sp?) you on a job well done I've been tinkering with Juhani so I know it is hard work.

To Nodakrattler:

I actually think that there is a way for it to just kick in when Bastila goes darkside I believe it involves some appearence.2da editing but I am not 100% sure. All I know is that there are 4 textures for the PC character 1 light and 3 dark textures and in the appearence.2da I assume it has to address these 4 different textures so I therefore deduce that Bastila must be the smae except that since she has no darkside texture originally the appearence.2da file just refers to the lightside texture for both the light and dark Bastila. I have not actually looked too closely at the appearence.2da, but this is my guess at how it works. SO in other words find the column that refers to the darkside and edit in the file name of the texture for the DS Bastila that you DL. As I said before I am not 100% sure on this so don't get all your hopes up.

Mav
 lord_blodgett
05-27-2004, 9:51 AM
Originally posted by maverick187
I tend to lean towards the light side myself, but I do have to congradulate (sp?) you on a job well done I've been tinkering with Juhani so I know it is hard work.

To Nodakrattler:

I actually think that there is a way for it to just kick in when Bastila goes darkside I believe it involves some appearence.2da editing but I am not 100% sure. All I know is that there are 4 textures for the PC character 1 light and 3 dark textures and in the appearence.2da I assume it has to address these 4 different textures so I therefore deduce that Bastila must be the smae except that since she has no darkside texture originally the appearence.2da file just refers to the lightside texture for both the light and dark Bastila. I have not actually looked too closely at the appearence.2da, but this is my guess at how it works. SO in other words find the column that refers to the darkside and edit in the file name of the texture for the DS Bastila that you DL. As I said before I am not 100% sure on this so don't get all your hopes up.

Mav

That would be correct.
 Nodakrattler
05-27-2004, 10:44 AM
maverick187,

I was thinking the same thing, but when I looked I wasn't too sure which one to edit. I'll play with it when I get off work tonight.
 meek
05-27-2004, 11:26 AM
Appearance.2da won't help, because appearance only effects on bodies. Every party npcs and pcs heads are their own models. And I haven't found out how to tweak them... If I remember correctly, there are some threads about that.

Keep me up-to-date with this, I mean... If you are able to make Bastila look like Darth Arachne after she has been converted to darkside.

Another option could be scripting... for example, when entering the top level of the temple, Bastila's model could change (there are some post about disguise scripts also... look for them from those stuck threads).
 *Atris*
05-27-2004, 11:38 AM
right its simple (i did this for juhani)

load up head.2da, then find bastillas row, at the column at teh top there are 4 column titles,
head = is her normal head
headtexvvve= is when shes at her darkest
headtexvve=is just before shes at her darkest
headtexve= is averagely evil
headtexe= is a bit evil/neautral
 meek
05-27-2004, 12:20 PM
Thanks ! :D

Maverick and Nodakratler, don't do anything just yet. I'll try to do this first! After all... I'm her Majestys top servant... ;)
 Amnael R. Banner
10-08-2008, 4:37 PM
Can someone renew the links??

Major thread necro! But at least I can now move it to the forum it belongs in. ;)

Sorry but the modder hasn't been around here for almost 4 years. If you are searching for this mod please post a request for it in our Mod Link Requests (http://www.lucasforums.com/showthread.php?t=167699) thread. Thanks. -RH
Page: 1 of 1