Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Cracking the Model Code

Page: 1 of 1
 JGriff
05-26-2004, 2:56 AM
Well, at the suggestion of T7, I figured I'd try and explain in what little detail I know how to of what's going on with the tool the AE team has been working on. From what I understand, rather than reverse engineering a tool to edit the models....using the code already put in place by the Bioweenies, cchagrin has been trying to make his own model editor. The point is, due in large part to EX, we've reverse engineered the model code to an extent, cracked it, and now are just putting the finishing touches on the tools for making your own, and editing your models. Please don't ask me anything technical, as I'm not the person to ask, as I know just about jack diddily **** about coding. :D

JT ;)
 Mav
05-26-2004, 3:35 AM
Thanks for clearing it up.. well sort of cause I really don't know anything about model editing either, but I just hope we can get this model editor out ASAP because this will take the modding in this forum to a whole new level.

List of models I want:
REVAN's CAPE (sorry 'bout the caps)
Dooku's curved lightsaber hilt
 T7nowhere
05-26-2004, 5:52 AM
Well I appreciate the attempt to clear it up, but it doesn't tell me anything. :| JGriff . I think you meant to type something usefull and then got distracted by another thought.

Originally posted by maverick187
List of models I want:
REVAN's CAPE (sorry 'bout the caps)
Dooku's curved lightsaber hilt

Dooku's saber Is one of the first things I want to make, but I'm betting someone else with more expeirence will get it done before me. :) thats ok just as long as it gets made. ;)
 JGriff
05-26-2004, 8:06 AM
Originally posted by T7nowhere
Well I appreciate the attempt to clear it up, but it doesn't tell me anything. :| JGriff . I think you meant to type something usefull and then got distracted by another thought.

No, it was all the same thought, but as of now, I'm no coder or modder so I don't know how to be any more specific. :confused:
 Fearless_Jedi
05-26-2004, 11:16 AM
Will this model editor also be able to make animations?
 Admiral Chemix
05-26-2004, 12:37 PM
it's not a model, editor, as far as I know, it merely decompiles and recompiles the file. I can't realy say all that much more about it, it's still needs testing. And to my knowledge, the mdl keeps all data, including animations
 Arteale
05-26-2004, 4:20 PM
Originally posted by Fearless_Jedi
Will this model editor also be able to make animations?

Don't count on it buddy, this is a big step and if it doesn't make animations someone else will make something down the road that can...

(It could, I haven't looked at it. I just don't want your hopes all built up then shattered into several hundred pieces that give you multiple lacerations and force you into the hospital)
 Mono_Giganto
05-26-2004, 4:27 PM
Ok, this looks awesome, I'd like to see Malak's saber with a regular bladelength, and animations added to revans cape, if possible. :)
 JackJJackal
05-26-2004, 6:05 PM
Originally posted by T7nowhere
Dooku's saber Is one of the first things I want to make, but I'm betting someone else with more expeirence will get it done before me. :) thats ok just as long as it gets made. ;) [/B]

Could you email it to me when you get it finished T7? Dookus sabre that is? Will PM with my email addy
 T7nowhere
05-26-2004, 6:12 PM
ok Im locking this thread. Why? well nobody that knows anything will post so this topic is pointless. Please do not make any new threads that follow this topic unless there is something tangible.

Thank you.
Page: 1 of 1