Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Apologies and More Information on KOTOR: AE

Page: 1 of 1
 mgnails
05-25-2004, 10:19 PM
First off, I want to apologize if I flamed a bit in the other thread but I just didn't like the fact that someone posted the teams data without permission. So, the project is not canceled. It will be resumed and continued.

As for the model decompiler/compiler, I'm sorry if I posted about it before I was ready to post a download and got all of your hopes up. But, you will have the program ASAP.

For all of you who think I "sit on my arse and do nothing"......
I do actually accomplish quite a bit. I've learned how to relight areas, edit and make new GUIs as well as other things and have incorporated all of my findings into the Mod. Mind you, this Mod started as an idea of mine, then Chemix joined and then Pascalneder009 joined as well. This team was nothing and with only 3 guys working on something this big, we all had to work very hard. Yes, I do have alot less jobs than before but that doesn't mean I have totally given up everything for others to do for me.

For those who all think this sort of thing is a hoax/fake/doesn't exist and my team is folowing the "messiah of falicies"..............
I am also sorry for keeping info a secret, but I had my reasons. I will update information on a site that is being made regularly so you all won't think that this is all "I have mods but don't really have them" talk. The only thing that will not be discussed is the storyline becasue I really wouldn't want to spoil it for some of you.

So, you will be kept up to date pretty much and you will get your model compiler/decompiler ASAP. Once again, I apologize if I flamed and I also will apologize for the countless times I've posted and somehow mislead people.
 Arteale
05-25-2004, 10:52 PM
Huzzah! I knew there was a reason I didn't post my storyline... Oh wait...it's because I'm not finished ;)
 Mav
05-26-2004, 12:10 AM
Your project sounds amazing and I don't think it is that everyone has "lost faith" in you or anything I just think we are all getting a little antsy, but just keep up with whatever it is you are doing cause I think I can speak for everyone when I say that we are excited about this HUGE mod of yours.
 Emperor Pangasa
05-26-2004, 1:17 AM
I agree, mgnails deserves more credit:emperor: :guard:
 Mav
05-26-2004, 2:17 AM
I didn't mean that we should give him more credit because not to be rude or anything, but I haven't seen much come out from him, I mean sure I haven't been here that long, but all I am saying is that we should give him more time thats all, although I don't like the teasing...LOL
 Fearless_Jedi
05-26-2004, 11:14 AM
Just want to say that if the info that was leaked is ligit, then this should be a pretty damn cool mod. I liked what i read, cant wait to play this mod.
 mgnails
05-26-2004, 1:26 PM
The info leaked was REALLY light, I only got mad becasue the fact the storyline was up there. For one, about 3 times as mich of that stuff is packed away in Chemix's and my computers. Many retextures and guis. Also, that was just the kotor:ae quest. There will be 5 or 6 main quests by completion. And IO am somewhat glad now that sithchick made that site to a certain extent. It shut xxss up and his messiah of falicies crap becasue it showed we were makeing porgress. Or at least it made it more difficult to complian about it. But, xxss, that was quick thinking to say that the team did ALL of that work and I did nothing. Also, those classes are real and not just switched around names. And they were not done by me... but, thanks for saying IO did nothing except the only one of two things I didnt do. Well actaully three. I havent done very much 2DA editing and I dont have the programs for retexturing and I certainly don't know how to code anything. And, tro give you some info on recent developments, Element X and a few other coders are going to change almost the entire kotor combat engine so that there are new animations and options as well as a jump button. :D
 tk102
05-26-2004, 1:54 PM
Stop.

Lock this thread now.
 Arteale
05-26-2004, 4:11 PM
Originally posted by tk102
Stop.

Lock this thread now.

That's a little extreme, but don't get your hopes up for a new combat engine. I haven't a clue how hard it is to code one but I'm sure it's harder than frozen steel.
 xxss
05-26-2004, 4:47 PM
Originally posted by Mgmessiahoffallaciesnalis
And, tro give you some info on recent developments, Element X and a few other coders are going to change almost the entire kotor combat engine so that there are new animations and options as well as a jump button. :D

So wait, first you tell us not to get our hopes up and then you post the likes of this?

Agree with tk, lock this thread before I and the rest of the community really unleash what's coming.

I will refrain from flaming you FOR NOW, not for your sake mind you, or that of any of your lackies, but for the sake of Fred Tetra and others whom I respect, who have expressed the want for a flame-free e-nvironment despite... this 'misunderstanding'.

You don't realize what you've just posted though, and how it contradicts what is being said by the rest of your team.

Patiently waiting for Model Decompiler/Compiler, or screen shots,

Flamewarrior Xxss ;)
 Prime
05-26-2004, 5:34 PM
The last thread was closed for a reason, so let's no rehash everything from there. The point has been made. Let's move on.

If this thread is to discuss what is going on with KOTOR: EA, great. But if there are any more flames about this thing, this thread will be closed as well. We don't want this to degenerate into a JA forums, now do we? :)

So let's all just play nice, or I will transform and roll all over this thread...
 JackJJackal
05-26-2004, 5:55 PM
At any rate, I honestly A: Believe, and B: Hope that this community is above such adolescent extremities as flame wars, As far as the Model editor goes, I am anxiously awaiting it as THANK TO THIS SITE I have learned to make my own lightsabers, and I would LOVE to be able to change the all around appearance of one, I am contemplating the possibilities of creating a "Lightaxe" Basically a remodelling of a big axe with a lightsabre edge instead of an axe edge!....Yea...I DO love overkill hahahaha :-P

*Edited* Sorry for the flame, wasn't intended as a flame post but somewhere along the lines I got, well mad. At any rate, I will admit when I am wrong this being one of those various times, and apologise to everyone here for doing what I was criticising.

*I would however, like to note that I am NOT MGNails lackey. A lackey is an individual who is paid by another individual and so therefore if I AM anyones lackey it would be SOE. Sorry had to clarify that.*
 FiEND_138
05-26-2004, 7:20 PM
Originally posted by Prime

We don't want this to degenerate into a JA forums, now do we? :)

Oh god, please nooooooooooooooo :eek:
 Arteale
05-26-2004, 7:39 PM
Originally posted by JackJJackal
*NOT FLAMING* I am merely wondering if XXSS or however his name may be spelled is making a shot at me with his "Comment"? I am not a lacky, I AM however apparently UNLIKE some people here NOT interested in a flame war, these forums consist of some of the finest mod talent I have in all my years seen! But there is always a fly in the ointment, that being lowly overoppinionated teenagers who's absence of hormonal release in life causes them to come to forums to express things they would be far to scared to say to anyone in real life.

My interest was not so much "Being anyones lacky" as much as above stated that it was "Trying to calm everyone down before what DID happen, happened." And yet here you are again it seems XX getting ready to start another flame war and for what? Here is simple advice that I have to give to MANY people in forums in my real life job. "If you don't like what a thread says, Do not read it. Anything else is merely a show of ignorance on your part that you do not have the will power to click a simple button and move on to the next thread." PR sucks sometimes but good money!

At any rate, I honestly A: Believe, and B: Hope that this community is above such adolescent extremities as flame wars, As far as the Model editor goes, I am anxiously awaiting it as THANK TO THIS SITE I have learned to make my own lightsabers, and I would LOVE to be able to change the all around appearance of one, I am contemplating the possibilities of creating a "Lightaxe" Basically a remodelling of a big axe with a lightsabre edge instead of an axe edge!....Yea...I DO love overkill hahahaha :-P

Even though you said *not flaming* it still sounds like one to me. You could basically delete all of the message but some of the concluding paragraph and it would be fine.

Prime: It's AE, not EA. BTW does you mechanoid have one of those Jewish skull caps hidden in the chassis like in 'Wish Upon A Weinstein'?
 Prime
05-26-2004, 7:49 PM
Originally posted by Arteale
Even though you said *not flaming* it still sounds like one to me. You could basically delete all of the message but some of the concluding paragraph and it would be fine. Indeed. Everyone, drop it. Last warning. Don't make me have to figure out all these admin commands...

Originally posted by Arteale
Prime: It's AE, not EA. BTW does you mechanoid have one of those Jewish skull caps hidden in the chassis like in 'Wish Upon A Weinstein'? Whoops. Sorry about the typo. And no, they don't make them big enough.
 JackJJackal
05-26-2004, 9:36 PM
Sorry, just got mad is all happens to everyone sometimes I suppose, my apologies.
 JackJJackal
05-26-2004, 9:39 PM
Hmmm having problems with the site, sorry about the double posting.... Wierd, is the site lagged or something?
 mgnails
05-26-2004, 11:03 PM
Just to finalize the stolen data thing, I did some backtracking and some tracing on my old and new forums so now I know exactly who sithchick really is, So all I have to say is that the dates of your last activities on the old forums were there so tracing you and figuring out it was you wasn't very difficult.
 Prime
05-26-2004, 11:10 PM
Originally posted by Prime
The last thread was closed for a reason, so let's no rehash everything from there. The point has been made. Let's move on.

Originally posted by mgnails
Just to finalize the stolen data thing... You just couldn't leave it alone, could you. But you are right. It is finalized...

Hmm, what does this button do?

*click*
Page: 1 of 1