Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

svцsh's work in progress

Page: 2 of 5
 Darth333
07-11-2004, 11:03 PM
cool stuff and great work my friend :thumbs1: I am eager to try these new models ;)
 Jackel
07-11-2004, 11:32 PM
Looking good Svosh , going to make some lightside masks aswell ? if so i have just had some ideas for them ~strokes his chin and grins~

ReLoaD2K:

Its possible to make new sabers , but not ut them in game yet, CC is working on it though

On the sabers .. Damn you can tell how low poly count the BIoware ones really are when looking at it like that.
 Mav
07-11-2004, 11:43 PM
That is some great stuff svцsh I can't wait for their release, I heard you were working on full jedi cloaks though, you have screens of those?
 RedHawke
07-12-2004, 1:10 AM
Very Nice Ragnos like helmet Svцsh! :D

And the Saber hilts and Sith Mask look cool as well.

Wow! :drop2:
 Colma Adawin
07-12-2004, 2:27 AM
Originally posted by RedHawke
Very Nice Ragnos like helmet Svцsh! :D

And the Saber hilts and Sith Mask look cool as well.

Wow! :drop2:

RedHawke has said it all but, i still feel the need to say something, Well Done Svosh, it seems you've got many untaped talents, and i cant wait to see the results :D

MattCole
 Alch3mist
07-12-2004, 6:18 PM
Juhani's threads looke simply awesome, and though it's old, the mech Malak continues to amaze me. It makes Malak look so much cooler, he should've been made that way.

But DAMN those Juhani robes are great. I wish I had the PC version so I could get them.
 svцsh
07-12-2004, 7:41 PM
Thanks for the compliments and the feed back all of you :D

I m eager to finish these as well darth333 ;)!!

And reloaded we can’t get sabers back in YET but what’s the harm in a few new models ready for the game ? As for Dooku's Curved Hilt saber I’ll consider it I wouldn’t call it as such. I’m not a big fan of things from 4000 years later added to the game but it is a cool design so I may work on it. But now it’s on to more skin mesh testing as you can see bastila’s model didn’t like it one bit, lets hope revan s will ;)

Jackel As you know Low poly models are better for us it means more fps and smoother game play Even on lower end systems It’s a matter of how low you can get it and still have a decent looking model.

Ah mav …. Too soon had to go back to the drawing board with that, but soon. It has to be skin mesh and will take a ton of testing in the mean time my item’s should be out soon.

RedHawke That’s Funny I didn’t think of Ragnos until you mentioned it ah JKA and that cheesy ghost lol. Actually Colja and I where chatting one night and we where discussing different mask he sent me an image of a devil with goat horns and asked if it was possible to model some thing like it , I said I would give it ago. Unfortunately due to the fact I used an average sized head to model it over , scare face ;) there is way to much clipping on female pc’s damn hair and mega melon people, like the Gi joe looking dude and Canderous. So in the end I will have to cut off the back and top close it up and reskin it. If it’s scaled up any more it will just look pain wrong,

Thanks for the kind words Matt :)

Alch3mist Thank you for the compliments, there was a thread here about adding pc mods to the xbox version some time ago I just found it and have some great news, it appears they got my mech malak in to the xbox versions that’s so cool.
Anyway here is the link and juhani will be out by Friday :D

http://www.lucasforums.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=127427)

svцsh
 Alch3mist
07-12-2004, 9:36 PM
Thanks svosh, for the link, but this is very confusing because I don't know much about this... if you have an AIM sn, please IM me...my screen name is br0wnloaded
 illuzion69
07-13-2004, 12:53 AM
You continue to amaze me svosh, they all look great. I can't wait to see what you come up with next.
 Alch3mist
07-13-2004, 1:51 AM
Your Revan redemption robes are SO great, the blue ones not the brown ones, that they've inspired me to write a fanfic.

You rock.
 Darth Dex
07-13-2004, 5:58 PM
I love the sith mash model, is the texture going to be bone-like?
 Mav
08-03-2004, 5:05 AM
Sorry svцsh I don't mean to be a pest and you know how much I love your stuff, but you have any updates on the stuff you were working on ;)
 Mono_Giganto
08-03-2004, 6:39 PM
Did you make all those hilts from scratch?!?! I could never model, no matter how much I tried. You're my hero svosh. :)
 Glamador
08-03-2004, 8:07 PM
i can do hilts pretty well...its skinnin' them i cant do!
 svцsh
08-03-2004, 9:07 PM
Thanks for all the great feedback everyone :)

Yes Mono my saber hits where made from scratch, they where all modeled in under and hour. A simple spline lathed does wonders. And shift clone ;) But we still can’t get them in game yet . ;)
Sorry guys and gals I took a bit of a break from moding for a week and I bit, I’m still testing juhani and hope to have her released soon I also have just got my spiked mask in the game. I was up all night getting the model to compile [ nightmare of identical verts instance mirroring is evil I had to manually change 25 of the vert x,y,z, cords, in the ascii mdl before I could even compile ] . :evil6: :fist: still I must mention thanks to cchargin, for updating mdlops .2 for me to compile this other wise i would have started from scratch with this one. I unwrapped it I finished some time around 9:00 AM then a quick test, the model works fine but the texture’s not playing nice :lightning Then I went to sleep so you people better like it. :D So now that I’m up again it’s time to get back to the unwrap uv map I got a bone to pick with it :mad: Hope to release my new mods soon.

svцsh
 Achilles
08-03-2004, 9:29 PM
Svosh,

Based on what I've seen thus far, that mask is incredible. You'd better believe I'll be using it :)

Thanks for the update.
 RedHawke
08-03-2004, 11:24 PM
^^^^
Agreed Achilles! :D

That cool spiked mask will have a permanent place in my override, like all your other items! :D

Thanks Svцsh for all the hard work!
 svцsh
08-03-2004, 11:25 PM
Thanks Achillies and Redhawke :D

Here is a quick view of it skinned in gmax only wish there was a render function in gmax … oh well

http://svoshsphotos.fotopic.net/p6420566.html) Sith vengeance

http://svoshsphotos.fotopic.net/p6420507.html) Sith vengeance

it’s coming along ;)

svцsh
 Mav
08-04-2004, 1:26 AM
One word........... INCREDIBLE, AWESOME, SPECTACULAR, MAGNIFICENT, PERFECT. Okay sorry but I need more words to describe it.
 Hybris
08-05-2004, 10:23 AM
Truly amazeing svosh its a great honor to be apart of this operation. Also It should be written that svosh is one the best dang modders this side Taris modding history!:D
All hail Master Svosh:syoda:

I will be watching.
 svцsh
08-07-2004, 7:28 PM
Thanks Mav, and Hybris

Here is a quick update , unfortunately there appears to be a problem with it, all my unwrapped uv’s are getting stitched back together again when importing to the game so the texture is excessively messed up , but it’s being looked in too :D any ways here it is in game

http://svoshsphotos.fotopic.net/p6511745.html)

svцsh
 Achilles
08-07-2004, 8:20 PM
Originally posted by svцsh
Thanks Mav, and Hybris

Here is a quick update , unfortunately there appears to be a problem with it, all my unwrapped uv’s are getting stitched back together again when importing to the game so the texture is excessively messed up , but it’s being looked in too :D any ways here it is in game

http://svoshsphotos.fotopic.net/p6511745_v10.html)

svцsh

Gettin' there. Keep up the awesome work.
 Jackel
08-08-2004, 12:01 AM
Thanks Mav, and Hybris

http://svoshsphotos.fotopic.net/p6511745.html)

svцsh
To me it also looks like the place for her eyes is slightly to low on her face. IE the bar across where her eyes should be. Could just be the skin seeing you are having problems with it though.
 Darth333
08-08-2004, 12:35 AM
Originally posted by Jackel
To me it also looks like the place for her eyes is slightly to low on her face. IE the bar across where her eyes should be. Could just be the skin seeing you are having problems with it though.
Probably just the screenshot. Look at the alignment vs the ears: looks ok to me.
 RedHawke
08-08-2004, 12:38 AM
Originally posted by Darth333
Probably just the screenshot. Look at the alignment vs the ears: looks ok to me.

Same here! :D
 svцsh
08-08-2004, 1:12 AM
Jackel the mask was modeled at 20 % opacity so I could place it over the eyes correctly on he male , then I shifted it up a touch so when it’s on a female it will fit as well, or have a happy medium anyways one thing with this mask is a lot shorter then even the default sith mask so if it looks like a lot of forehead showing it’s because it is.

Thanks again Achillies, red hawk, and….

Darth333 my friend and Newest Moderator here Congratulations you deserve it !!!!!!!

:elephant: :guitar1 :band1 :guitar2 :sheepdanc

svцsh
 Darth333
08-08-2004, 1:16 AM

Thanks again Achillies, red hawk, and….

Darth333 my friend and Newest Moderator here Congratulations you deserve it !!!!!!!

svцsh

Thanks! Now watch what you say guys, i have new buttons here: lightning, force choke, plague, etc :D
 Mav
08-08-2004, 2:30 AM
Hey, Hey congrats, Darth333 just be careful with that lightining button okay :D
 RedHawke
08-08-2004, 2:55 AM
Thanks! Now watch what you say guys, i have new buttons here: lightning, force choke, plague, etc :D

*Puts on Bio-Chem gear, as well as electrically insulated skivies*

Now all I have to worry about is Force Choke! :D

And congrats on making Moderator Darth333! :D
 Colma Adawin
08-08-2004, 3:31 AM
Wow Nice one Darth333, im happy for you, wow now i've got to be careful, 3 moderators and a load of super moderators and admin :p [Force Persuade] Im a good boy, honest :p

again congratulations on the 'Promotion' :p

MattCole

PS RedHawke, i havent got any Bio-Chem gear or electrically insulated skivies, HELP!!! :p:p
 Achilles
08-08-2004, 4:36 AM

Does the Moderator status come with the 64 bit processor upgrade ??? :)

Congratulations!!!
 Darth333
08-08-2004, 10:51 AM
Originally posted by Achillies
Does the Moderator status come with the 64 bit processor upgrade ??? :)
I don't see it included on my bill :confused:

Thanks to you all :) but erm...i think it's time to get back on topic: "svцsh's work in progress " :p

svцsh, i think we need more screenshots of your awesome work ! :D
 Colma Adawin
08-08-2004, 3:14 PM
i think it's time to get back on topic: "svцsh's work in progress " :p

svцsh, i think we need more screenshots of your awesome work ! :D

Agreed, come Svosh, you've dazzled us with you skills this far, please dont stop :D hope you have more Interesting master pieces :D:D:D

MattCole
 svцsh
08-16-2004, 7:08 PM
Some people will recognize this form the SW Empire strikes back

http://svoshsphotos.fotopic.net/p6748912.html)

A little something I modeled just last night, I may have it up for dl as soon as tomorrow night due the fact the Unwraped UV map can be as messed up as it wants to be but this is going to be solid black and shiny:D

A good weapon for a certain Twi'lek street urchin I think...

svцsh
 Achilles
08-16-2004, 7:12 PM
Some people will recognize this form the SW Empire strikes back

http://svoshsphotos.fotopic.net/p6748912.html)

A little something I modeled just last night, I may have it up for dl as soon as tomorrow night due the fact the Unwraped UV map can be as messed up as it wants to be but this is going to be solid black and shiny:D

A good weapon for a certain Twi'lek street urchin I think...

svцsh

That looks great! Are you making it specifically for Mission?
 RubADucky
08-16-2004, 7:45 PM
I want a BFG Geforce 6800 Ultra upgrade, two sticks of mushkin 1024 mb RAM and a 64 bit processor!
 Achilles
08-16-2004, 7:48 PM
Originally posted by RubADucky
I want a BFG Geforce 6800 Ultra upgrade, two sticks of mushkin 1024 mb RAM and a 64 bit processor!

???

What does that have to do with what we're discussing?:confused:
 RubADucky
08-16-2004, 8:12 PM
Originally posted by Achillies
???

What does that have to do with what we're discussing?:confused:

Sorry got off track once you said something about a 64 bit processor.
 svцsh
08-16-2004, 10:28 PM
Achillies the though had crossed my mind but it wouldn’t just be for her. Once she’s in your party you get to use it if you want, I think I have used a blaster in the game maybe 5 times I go for melee weapons my self but that’s just me.

RubADucky er…Good for you so buy it……
If this about my opinions in an other thread leave it there I’m not interested.
The Spaming forum I believe is the jko and jka forums we like to keep ours free of that.

svцsh
 RedHawke
08-17-2004, 12:40 AM
Thats a very cool little Princess Leia-esque Sporting Blaster Pistol model you have there svцsh! :D

I can't wait to download it! :D
 Achilles
08-17-2004, 12:51 AM
Originally posted by RubADucky
Sorry got off track once you said something about a 64 bit processor.

Ah, gotcha now. That was an inside joke directed at Darth333 the other week about some recent computer upgrades that she made :D
 Achilles
08-17-2004, 12:54 AM
Achillies the though had crossed my mind but it wouldn’t just be for her. Once she’s in your party you get to use it if you want, I think I have used a blaster in the game maybe 5 times I go for melee weapons my self but that’s just me.

svцsh

Perhaps you'd be willing to let me use the model for my Scoundrel blaster mod? It's hard watching Mission run around with a heavy blaster that's almost as big as she is :D
 Darth333
08-17-2004, 4:41 PM
Too cool! Great work as always my friend :thumbsup: ...now, if only we could have new models...I'd love to have a Princess Leia PC to match with that blaster :D
 Darth Dex
08-17-2004, 6:41 PM
Too cool! Great work as always my friend :thumbsup:
I agree.
 svцsh
08-17-2004, 11:41 PM
Thanks for the kind words guys and gals :D

Last night the model made it in to the game first test run

http://svoshsphotos.fotopic.net/p6783113.html) I shifted the blaster placement over a bit
hehe oops I thought I may have done it while modeling only it's supposed to be off center Of course….so the hand is clipping a bit to much.

I have optimized it to the best of my ability while maintaining a good balance of detail from 900 poly’s down to 536 not to bad I may see if I can still squeeze a few more poly’s out of it. I redesigned the muzzle like a silencer after taking a closer look at darth333’s avatar http://svoshsphotos.fotopic.net/p6783114.html)

svцsh
 Darth333
08-18-2004, 12:42 AM
WOW! this looks really great !!! :thumbs1: and even better, it matches my avatar :D
Keep up the great work!
 RedHawke
08-18-2004, 12:58 AM
Very nice Leia blaster svцsh! Can't wait to see Mission blasting things with it! :D
 Darth Dex
08-18-2004, 7:49 AM
Really nice. Good work svosh.
 svцsh
08-19-2004, 12:22 AM
A little update : http://svoshsphotos.fotopic.net/p6811644.html)
Ok so mission is the orange Twi'lek :D playing with kse at the same time
Here we go, the hand placement is fixed, optimized gun in game shader is fine
I need to make a good icon for it still …

And it Will be out really soon

svцsh
 Darth333
08-19-2004, 12:34 AM
A little update : http://svoshsphotos.fotopic.net/p6811644.html) Cool! It looks really good and I love it :)
Ok so mission is the orange Twi'lek :D Playing with kse at the same time
I knew I would turn you to the Dark Side :dev11:
I need to make a good icon for it still …
I don't worry about that, you are the icon Master :D
And it Will be out really soon Can't wait to download a blaster that matches my avatar :) If you need anything special, you know where to ask ;)
Page: 2 of 5