Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

^ Multiplayer Model Selection LIMIT

Page: 1 of 1
 VonCrappre
05-25-2004, 7:14 AM
Does anyone know how to increase the multiplayer model selection limit? Everytime a new model is installed, it takes the place of another one. This sounds like an easily fixable problem, has anyone any thoughts on this?... or does everyone like having to delete and install models everytime they play a multiplayer game, so that they can swap places with eachother.
 razorace
05-25-2004, 1:52 PM
I'm sure it's raisable, but I beleive it's just an issue with the menus, I think you can still directly load models with the console.
 VonCrappre
05-25-2004, 2:16 PM
true, but for the for the unlearned JKA player, they dont know whats going on with Commands and what not...but being that OJP is beta, you cant hold that against it. I think I'll play around with the menus and see what I can screw up.
 razorace
05-25-2004, 4:17 PM
What does OJP being in a beta have to do with the Model Selection Limit?
 Wudan
05-25-2004, 11:47 PM
ROFL

It's a problem with the game in general, OJP hasn't fixed it, but ... was it absolutely the most important thing on their list of things to do?

I guess it all depends on your perspective ...
 VonCrappre
05-26-2004, 12:07 AM
You guys are a might touchy. My comment was to say that OJP is an excellent mod and I was just wondering if you had fixed RAVENS error in the model limit. It was me hoping that I could add more custom models without having to replace others, thats ALL it was.
 razorace
05-26-2004, 1:29 AM
First off, we're touchy because we're taking a proactive defense against negative/fussy "fans". The whole thing with AotC TC's demo clearly shows that negative comments affect moral.

We don't beleive in deleting/locking negative comments/threads (AotC TC's strategy), so instead we're just not going to take crap from people that dish out negative junk without any constructism.

Your OJP beta comment sounded negative so that's why we jumped on you. Sorry.

Secondly, it's not an error, it's because you have over 256 skins with icons installed at the same time. That's a lot of skins.

Finally, I've doubled the limit as per your request. It will be in the future OJP betas/releases.
 Noxrepere
05-26-2004, 4:38 AM
I don't know if it's a problem in JA or not, but when Azymn tried increasing the model icon limit in JO for ForceMod II it caused problems elsewhere in the game.

I'm not sure what they were because that was never in the public release, as he had already removed it because of said problems.

Any way's, I don't know if it will be the same or not here, but it would be great if it could be increased. It's not a huge deal but more of an inconvenience to use the console to change models. :)
 VonCrappre
05-26-2004, 11:21 PM
One of the many reasons why OJP is the best mod! The options are outstanding. The reason I got Jedi Academy in the first place is because I was looking through the various mods for JK2 and I saw the OJP vehicles for JKA on Lucasfiles and I went further and found THE mod... OJP... The reason to play JKA!
Page: 1 of 1