Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

New Skin: Armure Noire v1.0

Page: 1 of 1
 Therin
05-24-2004, 4:43 PM
Updated 5/26/04 v1.2

This is my first KotOR skin, so please go easy on me. I was terribly un-impressed with the way most of the armor in the game looks on the female models. So, here is a Mandalorian-style armor skin I made for females.

Screenshots:
http://www2.arkansas.net/~seant/armure_noire/noire_preview.jpg)
http://www2.arkansas.net/~seant/armure_noire/noire_flourish.jpg)
http://www2.arkansas.net/~seant/armure_noire/armure_set.jpg)

Download:
Black (skin only). (http://www2.arkansas.net/~seant/armure_noire/armure_noire.zip)
White (skin only). (http://www2.arkansas.net/~seant/armure_noire/armure_blanche.zip)
Red (skin only). (http://www2.arkansas.net/~seant/armure_noire/armure_rouge.zip)

The black skin is also available with a Photoshop 7 master (http://www2.arkansas.net/~seant/armure_noire/armure_noire_source.zip). Check the blending options on the first three layers for the color overlay to change the armor color.

From the readme.txt:

This is an armor skin I created because I was quite displeased with how the stock armor in the game looked on the female models. I am a bit of a minimalist, so the skin itself is really quite simple, which I think lends to its beauty.

I really wanted a black armor that would look incredibly sexy on the female model, while looking really classy at the same time (which meant making her look really good without making her look like a tramp). It also needed to look like she was comfortable wearing it. I made every part of the outfit have a bit of dynamic "shine" to it, so that even the non-metallic parts of the armor look like a very nice shiny material, much like Lycra or something similar. I added a bit of texture to the cloth so that it distintuishes itself from the metal, which almost gives it a leathery look, especially on the legs and arms. The metal is supposed to be black, with gold underneath exposed in places. There is a "seal" on the breastplate that actually comes from an Italian lace doily pattern I found on GIS.

I'm not very happy with the pouches on the arms and midriff, and I am open to suggestions.

/edit: v1.1 The pouches have been changed to match the rest of the skin.

/edit: v1.2 Added red and white skins above.

There is a fan-fiction short story I am writing that serves as the inspiration for this skin, but it is unfinished at this time.
 xxss
05-24-2004, 5:02 PM
A+. Nothing less, very impressed. I have never edited a skin/armor/etc in photoshop, so I'm glad you included the psd so I can take a look at how it's done.. do you mind if i tinker around with yours?
 Nodakrattler
05-24-2004, 5:05 PM
Sweet skin, as for getting rid of the pouches and armband I'd suggest asking Seprithro. He has a few skins that he took things off of, I think he made them transperant so you couldn't see them.
 Mav
05-24-2004, 5:08 PM
It's good to see some new people with talent posting on the board great work!!!
 Therin
05-24-2004, 5:31 PM
Originally posted by xxss
I have never edited a skin/armor/etc in photoshop, so I'm glad you included the psd so I can take a look at how it's done.. do you mind if i tinker around with yours?

Tinker away. If you come up with something good, post it and I may integrate it into a newer version. Being rather minimalist, there isn't much to the master. You will want to compare with an existing skin to locate the different body parts.

Originally posted by Nodakrattler
Sweet skin, as for getting rid of the pouches and armband I'd suggest asking Seprithro. He has a few skins that he took things off of, I think he made them transperant so you couldn't see them.

Transparency on this particular skin gives the bare metal effect rather than actual transparency. I'm afraid the pouches are there to stay. I'm playing around with making the pouches match the rest of the armor, but that is proving difficult because it comes out looking like she has a beer gut.
 svцsh
05-24-2004, 5:33 PM
Originally posted by Nodakrattler
Seprithro. He has a few skins that he took things off of, I think he made them transperant so you couldn't see them.

There’re two ways to achieve this and one is using the same shader used on the wookies blending punch trough . However I think by trying to remove this you might find two great big gapping holes in your model it depends if it’s structural. The other is using the alpha to use transparency instead of the cm_baremetal shader effect. If there is mesh under the pockets then you can achieve this with an alpha channel but you will loose the metal shine all together, and I don’t think that’s what you want.
Nice work by the way keep it up :)

svцsh
 Therin
05-24-2004, 5:37 PM
Originally posted by svцsh
...using the same shader used on the wookies blending punch trough
...The other is using the alpha to use transparency instead of the cm_baremetal shader effect. If there is mesh under the pockets then you can achieve this

Worth looking into. Thanks for the tip and the compliment.
 Murse DeSai
05-24-2004, 7:41 PM
Wow! :) Looks really, really good!
 T7nowhere
05-24-2004, 9:24 PM
Great work Therin. I added a link to this thread as requested, if you set up a website don't forget to PM me so I can add it.
 Colja
05-24-2004, 9:41 PM
Looks good indeed
 Jackel
05-25-2004, 2:40 AM
very nice skin Therin , definately having it for the next time i run through the game
 meek
05-25-2004, 3:36 AM
Nice armor. The females really do lack some darkside wickedness in the original game. Except, maybe, Yuthura. But even she has that oh so formal sith uniform.

Maybe you could do something about the lighter, i.e. fiber armors too, like the echani fiber armor.

Now... how did you get this much publicity with your first skin? I really didn't get that much... ;)
 Prime
05-25-2004, 1:30 PM
Very cool! Definitely a great first skin...
 Therin
05-25-2004, 2:46 PM
Thanks for all the positive feedback.

I decided to change the pouches to match the rest of the armor. The download and screenshot links in the first post should now get you the v1.1 with the new pouches.

They aren't perfect, and she looks like she has a little pooch in the tummy from the side... But honestly, how many of you are going to be staring at her tummy? At least this way the pouches don't detract from her more flattering features.

Originally posted by meek
Maybe you could do something about the lighter, i.e. fiber armors too, like the echani fiber armor.

I'll consider it. I started out working with a light armor to begin with and abandoned it for the heavier.
 messkell
05-25-2004, 9:47 PM
Excellent skin, Therin. A definite keeper :)
 Chrysalis
06-05-2004, 3:12 PM
There was smth i didn't get when dowloaded this... Sorry for stupid question, but do i have to restart the game to use the skin or there is some other reason that the skin isnt shown in the game? I mean, i put the file in override directory, put on the proper armour, and still saw nothing...
 Therin
06-15-2004, 5:49 PM
In case you still haven't solved your problem (it's been a while since I've been on the board)... keep in mind that this is a female-only skin, and it replaces Calo Nord's Battle Armor in its original form (g_a_class8005 if you give it to yourself as a cheat).

It's about as simple of a mod as there is, so I can't imagine why it wouldn't work if the file is in your override directory and you are using the skin on a female model.
 EmperorJello
11-28-2004, 12:26 PM
BUMP.

Umm... the links are down, but this mod looks extremely interesting...

Does anyone still have it?
 Mono_Giganto
11-28-2004, 1:33 PM
Originally posted by EmperorJello
BUMP.

Umm... the links are down, but this mod looks extremely interesting...

Does anyone still have it?

If you're content with the black one, PM me your email address.
 EmperorJello
11-28-2004, 1:53 PM
Black>none.

If anyone else has the other two, let me know. :)
 DarkBlade2Z
11-28-2004, 5:51 PM
Therin, are those links to your pictures correct? I tried to look at them but I got a 404 File not Found.
 Darth333
11-28-2004, 6:09 PM
err...the author has not come to the boards since June 15 :( so we can assume the links a gone for good.
 Nodakrattler
11-29-2004, 8:21 AM
Originally posted by EmperorJello
Black>none.

If anyone else has the other two, let me know. :)

I have them. PM me your email and I'll send them your way.
 abcdow
11-30-2004, 6:55 AM
I'd like to check these out but I'm unable to use these links, to look at the screenies or download the files. Ikeep getting the message to check the URL.
I could PM you my e-mail for you to send me the files, if you'd be willing to do that?
thanks, abcdow
 Darth333
11-30-2004, 7:05 AM
Read the 4-5 posts just above yours! You'll learn that the author did not come to the forums since months!
 gsb
12-02-2004, 4:53 PM
abcdow, I've got all three. I don't know what the mods' position is on this issue is, but if they say it's okay, you can PM me and I'll zip them up and mail them to you. Again, that's subject to the rules of the mods, so let's see if they give the okay (given that the creator is not around anymore, I don't know if it's considered a breach of etiquette to distribute his mods).
 ChAiNz.2da
12-02-2004, 10:26 PM
Originally posted by gsb
abcdow, I've got all three. I don't know what the mods' position is on this issue is, but if they say it's okay, you can PM me and I'll zip them up and mail them to you. Again, that's subject to the rules of the mods, so let's see if they give the okay (given that the creator is not around anymore, I don't know if it's considered a breach of etiquette to distribute his mods).

As long as you're not actually posting it (such as pcgamemods) and/or claiming it as your own work, there shouldn't be a problem with it. I would however include the original readme (if one exists) in your zips when you mail it.

just my non-moderator 2ў :cool:
 Darth333
12-03-2004, 4:40 AM
Originally posted by ChAiNz
As long as you're not actually posting it (such as pcgamemods) and/or claiming it as your own work, there shouldn't be a problem with it. I would however include the original readme (if one exists) in your zips when you mail it.

just my non-moderator 2ў :cool:
:D I confirm.
 gsb
12-03-2004, 12:24 PM
I would however include the original readme (if one exists) in your zips when you mail it.

Absolutely. I always keep the master copies of any mods in a separate folder, with all the original documentation, so they'd be just as I downloaded them.
 abcdow
12-03-2004, 4:48 PM
Originally posted by gsb

Thanks for the offer, just pm'd you. Really appreciated, look forward to receiving the mods!
 gsb
12-04-2004, 3:37 PM
I've mailed you the files. Let me know if you don't receive them.
 abcdow
12-06-2004, 1:33 PM
Originally posted by gsb
I've mailed you the files. Let me know if you don't receive them.

I just downloaded them, thanks.
 Darth Bashkar
12-06-2004, 4:16 PM
Has anyone rehosted this, and if not, can you please send it to me at IShallNotPostMyEmailHere.com (http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v144/Darth333/JarJarMail.jpg)
 tk102
12-06-2004, 4:30 PM
Yikes I'm having a flashbaack to the pre PCGM days when this forum was swarmed with 'can you send me that mod too' threads...
 Darth333
12-06-2004, 4:53 PM
since both the author and the mod are gone and since I've received a few complaints about that thread...

:lock:
Page: 1 of 1