Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

My map, Goldeneye Temple, has been released

Page: 1 of 1
 BongoBob
05-11-2004, 8:23 AM
This is a very faithful(to me) recreation of the Temple MP level from Goldeneye and Perfect Dark. I know that the music is too short, but that will be fixed later.

Clicky (http://pcgamemods.com/5258/)

Let me know what to think, and uh...

>_>

<_<

Look for a fecility map soon...

:D

EDIT:DUH! I forgot the screenshots link.

Screenies (http://www.geocities.com/bongobob7686/temple_screenshots.html)
 wedge2211
05-11-2004, 12:56 PM
Box?
 Pahricida
05-11-2004, 1:02 PM
uhmm ... very very VERY simple architecture.
 Kengo
05-11-2004, 3:19 PM
In fairness, that is pretty much the same architecture they had in the temple level from Goldeneye. I guess what you have to remember is that the game came out what? Seven years ago or something? Things have moved on, and that kind of architecture looks kinda dated now. Also, the texturing repeats really badly, instead of covering up the basic architecture like they did in Goldeneye, it kind of makes it more obvious.

How about trying to bring out a version two where you take this level as a base and try to add some pazzaz and architectural detail to what is already there?
 Zappa_0
05-12-2004, 7:38 AM
Good idea Kengo...an updated version of the Goldeneye Temple would be cool.
 BongoBob
05-15-2004, 6:55 PM
Already at work on it(Bob's Goldeneye Temple) ;)

Giv em some specific details of what you'ld like to see and I'll try to incorperate that and give you credit in the credits.
 smashingpunk007
05-29-2004, 10:29 PM
wow! i am having so much fun with this map it brings back so many memories of the old n64 days. some friends and i played it on a lan and we loved it.
hopefully an updated version or other goldeneye maps will find their way into jedi academy.
 Kengo
05-30-2004, 9:26 AM
I guess if you're looking for things to add - its gotta be about architectural detail, first and foremost. You can pile a lot more architectural detail in JA than they could back in the days of GoldenEye - so take advantage of that. The hard part is keeping that Egyptian Temple look intact, so maybe find some good source material, shots from actual Temple interiors might be a good place to look. Your stock architectural detail things; pillars, supports, structs etc etc will probabaly suit in some places. Little details like maybe collapsed stones and holes might work, maybe some scrub like vegitation too?

Good luck, I'd like to see an updated GoldenEye temple :) My personal favourite GE MP level would have to be Bunker I think...Complex and Facility were excellent too.
Page: 1 of 1