Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Editing Force Powers

Page: 1 of 1
 shenyongwu
05-10-2004, 4:20 PM
I was wondering if anyone could help me with editing the force powers, i want to scale down absorb, heal, etc; and i want to increase force jump; i was looking through w_force but i really don't know what i'm looking for in there.
 ondrahosek
05-11-2004, 4:01 PM
Checked through the code.

For jump, I think what you need to modify is in bg_pmove.c.

On line 155, a float array is created for each of the four force ranks (really four: 0, 1, 2 and 3).

Currently this is set to:
Force Level 0 = 32
Force Level 1 = 96
Force Level 2 = 192
Force Level 3 = 384

Now to Absorb, Protect, etc.
If you mean "shorten them" with "scale down", I have found a solution in w_force.c.

Line 1042 (OMG!) has the switch statement checking the force powers.

FP_RAGE, FP_ABSORB, FP_PROTECT, FP_DRAIN and FP_SEE all have a "duration" parameter that you can set. You may also want to check and apply the syntax of FP_SEE to configure the duration for every force rank exclusively.

Now, if you want to set the effect of Heal when used once, go to line 1253 of w_force.c.
In self->health += 25;, replace the 25 with the HP you want the character to gain by using this power. Do the same for every level of Heal.

As Absorb and Protect are duration-based Force powers, you can't scale their effect down.

If you want to scale down the Force cost, go to bg_pmove.c.
On line 67, an array declaration starts for every rank. The lower in the file, the higher rank the cost is used for.

Hope that helps! Have fun editing!

*wonders how he could find out when he saw the JA source for the first time today*
Page: 1 of 1