Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

1st person view lightsaber

Page: 1 of 1
 Devil_505
05-08-2004, 9:46 PM
Can some one please tell me if there is a mod that lets you use the light saber in first person view like in JK2 outcast or would anyone be interested in creating one please?
 AIVAS
05-08-2004, 9:54 PM
Originally posted by Devil_505
Can some one please tell me if there is a mod that lets you use the light saber in first person view like in JK2 outcast or would anyone be interested in creating one please?

It's in the current beta of OJP, but very few people use OJP, and having the ojp pk3 and trueview.cfg in your base folder on unnpure servers really messes things up.

Maybe we they'll release trueview as a seperate mod later on.
 razorace
05-09-2004, 12:09 AM
Or at least according to AIVAS, he's the only one that's tried it (that way) as far as I know.
 Kurgan
05-09-2004, 12:18 AM
I would love to use the latest OJP beta on my server (once there's a linux compile) but sadly it goofs up the vehicles code (bad for Hoth siege) and the tab bots for Korriban (while wonderful) screw up the routes I made for the other two maps, so new routes are needed there.

But for FFA, I would think OJP would be the greatest thing... I have people join my server and say "wow you have OJP" when I don't. So I guessing it works on my unpure, but that's speculation.

So yeah, someday OJP! For now it's still the best way to get First Person Lightsaber in JA MP.
 Prime
05-10-2004, 8:26 PM
Originally posted by Devil_505
Can some one please tell me if there is a mod that lets you use the light saber in first person view like in JK2 outcast or would anyone be interested in creating one please? If you do a search for it, I think some people found a way to set the camera so that it is sort of a pseudo FP mode...
 Kurgan
05-13-2004, 10:48 AM
Yeah, you can, the only trouble is that the model's head gets in the way every time.

That's why OJP is good, because it positions the camera in front of the "eyes" (IIRC) right?
 Hekx
05-18-2004, 2:09 PM
I was able to use all of the JA+ features and most of the OJP Basic v0.0.5. beta release 1 options while having it in my base. The only feature that did not work was RGB sabers. It previewed correctly, but ingame it was stuck with white cores.

There is a base game command which enables first person for lightsabres; cg_fpls 1. It is alot more buggy in JA, you can see through the head...
 Samuel Dravis
05-18-2004, 3:05 PM
The OJP's webpage is ojp.jediknight.net (http://ojp.jediknight.net), if you're interested. It has info on the mod, and links to downloads (the latest beta versions also).
 razorace
05-18-2004, 4:09 PM
Originally posted by Kurgan
That's why OJP is good, because it positions the camera in front of the "eyes" (IIRC) right?

yep. It's based straight off the model's reference surface tags.
Page: 1 of 1