Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Interested in helping / curious if my idea mesh with OJP

Page: 1 of 1
 thebend04
05-04-2004, 2:32 AM
First and most obvious I am just freaking pumped to have found this project, you guys/gals are doing an awesome job, I would love to help out I am just wondering if the changes I would like to make would mesh will with this mod. I haven't played many non-servrside mods until recently. I soon realized they pwn serverside mods. The changes I am interesting in making are serverside though, and they change the gameplay of the FFA mode.

These are my proposed changes:

1.) New duel mode where players can
use force.

2.) New duel mode where more than two people may engage in one duel.

---------------------------------------------

As much as I am interested in adding these changes and submitting them to OJP. I start to think that they may not actually fit well into this mod.

So let me know, do the OJP memebers think these changes would add to the mod?
 razorace
05-04-2004, 2:54 AM
Well, I could go either way personally. I think the problem with the saber challenge code in general is that it distracts from the actual FFA game. On the other hand, it's nice not having to wait 5 mins between duel.

I think the ideal solution would probably be to make the duel gametype have multiple duels running at once.
 Kurgan
05-05-2004, 2:43 AM
Yeah. I think the ideal for that would be a map that simply has the players paired up and spawned into seperate rooms (totally isolated from one another so there is no possible way to interfere or get distracted).

Spectators could still watch every battle they wanted to by switching from view to view, and nobody has to worry about low framerates, and people don't have to wait.

Of course making a map is maybe more work, but still...
better than the challenges in FFA mode (which can seriously impact FPS after awhile I would think... all those sabers clashing and the aura effects).

The map would operate like a Duel server, but it would have to be its own custom gametype, where you could choose how many duels could go on at once.

So say it was 3 duels. Seven people join, that means 6 people are fighting (3 pairs each pair in their own seperate room isolated from everyone else) and only 1 guy has to wait. He'll play the first winner of any of the sets that is available.
 razorace
05-05-2004, 3:32 AM
That's basically what the old Quake game "Rocket Arena" mods did, but the problem with that system is that you have to create all new maps. :(
 Teancum
05-12-2004, 5:26 PM
What about 2 on 2 duels in a Team FFA game?
 Kurgan
05-13-2004, 1:08 AM
So basically a 4 player Team FFA with sabers only on a duel map... (and just disable all Force except jump & throw)

What's the difference?
Page: 1 of 1