Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Maps

Page: 1 of 1
 Eagle Warrior
05-01-2004, 12:20 PM
i dont know if this has been dont before
 pink lightsaber
05-01-2004, 5:56 PM
I like big maps but not so big that it will take you FOREVER to get across. Big maps tend to be more vehicle based and vehicles are one of my specialties.
 Isair
05-01-2004, 7:26 PM
Well considering there isn't too much known about the game I can't choose since I was thinking of small maps as probably being only infantry based or large maps having vehicles. Hope they show more information soon.
 StormHammer
05-02-2004, 6:49 AM
I'd probably say medium sized (depending on what you mean by 'medium' sized). :p

Let's just say I'm not a fan of really sprawling maps where it takes ages to get anywhere. I want to be where the action is, and that usually means a map with quite a few objective locations, and a tighter design with good gameflow.

I like the map sizes in a game like Enemy Territory for example. I also like the size of some of the Onslaught maps for Unreal Tournament 2004. The Tatooine and Korriban maps in Jedi Academy Siege are also a decent size.
 joesdomain
05-02-2004, 9:57 PM
I like big maps. I would not want a super large map to explore and take 30 minutes just to find the enemy base. Large enough to have cool features like swamps, forest, other plants and local wildlife.
 Huntsman
05-04-2004, 3:37 PM
Since I like vehicle combat...especially air/ space vehivle combat...the bigger the better.

Of course for infantry heavy maps, much smaller maps would be the way to go.
 Eagle Warrior
05-05-2004, 8:36 AM
i like maps that you can have enough to make efficiant ambushes and attacks. enough space so you can sneak around the enemy and sabatoge. also so you can actually hide somewhere if the enemys looking for you and do hit and run gurilla warfare and be safe at a hidden base
 Darth_ToMeR
05-05-2004, 9:19 AM
I want it large, but not too large...
 Eagle Warrior
05-05-2004, 12:25 PM
just large enought so you have room to plan ambushes and stuff like that
 boranchistanger
05-05-2004, 1:05 PM
Map Size for me: Large.

Why?: I like maps that are large because if the map is large is gives you benefits that smaller maps don't give such as:

a.) Room for ambushes
b.) More room to develop and execute tactical maneuvers.
c.) Lots of room move
d.) More open
e.) More room to run and hide!

-Boran
 Deeo
05-05-2004, 4:58 PM
For me, it all depends on the number of players. If there's like 64 players then definatly the biggest map. Only rarely would you be left with nothing to do in a 64 player battle with vehicles and infantry going at it. As the number of players decrease then shall the size of hte maps as well to better accomdate everyone else and bring them closer together.
Page: 1 of 1