Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

GOOD / EVIL Bastila skins by svцsh

Page: 1 of 1
 svцsh
05-01-2004, 1:11 AM
GOOD / EVIL Bastila UPDATED/ FIXED [06/06/04]

http://svoshsphotos.fotopic.net/p4609703.html)

These are skins I made for everyone’s favourite heroine, I wasn’t thrilled with the salmon, almost skin tone. So I made these both as unique items they are clothing variation 2 and 3 she will be wearing the good clothes when you meet up in the hideout on Taris and when you encounter her on the unknown planet she will battle you in the evil clothes. I have increased the ac of both of these. So they are as protective as Jedi master robes.

The only way to get the shader to work on her was to edit the appearance.2da file

If you have edited the appearance 2da file already then you know your way around. For the shader to work You will have to change the envmap field from default to CM_Baremetal or you will get a really funny looking Bastila with a lot of holes in her. ;)

If you don’t have an appearance .2da file in your overrides folder then install the one in my zip it will do the job.

There are custom blonde icons to go with her if you don’t want blonde hair then don’t drop the icons or the head file in to the override folder

enjoy :D
 SchnaKe
05-01-2004, 2:24 AM
Quick question how do I edit the appearance.2da file?
 Krytin
05-01-2004, 2:32 AM
I like the evil one. Kind of a medieval look. You should add some dangling gold chains around her waist. Go great with the gold in her top. Great work.

They should put shields in the game.
 svцsh
05-01-2004, 2:56 AM
You only have to edit it if you already have one in your override folder

Open the zip drop all the files in to a new folder then open kt. click open and hit 2da files on the 2da go to open and find the existing file in your override folder go to the 4 th line that’s for Bastila then go scroll across until you see envmap at the top of the column then go down a few lines and copy the CM_Baremetal
and past it over default save it and drop the select files in to override and off you go.

And by the way it's the way the light is reflecting off the silver that makes it look gold it's exactly the same shader as the sith armour. ;)

svцsh
 FiEND_138
05-01-2004, 5:20 AM
Wow :eek: The stuff you guys come out with is just.... Wow.

I can't even imagine what you'd come out with if LA would allow bioware to support you guys. Again, thanx for sharin :D
 Darth Straker
05-01-2004, 11:23 AM
Another brilliant job, and Fiend_138 like I once said in this forum if that happened instead of Darth Malak you'd have Darth Vader, leia instead of bastila. What a DREAM....
 pascalneder009
05-01-2004, 11:26 AM
well vader without mask is already made
 Darth Straker
05-01-2004, 11:33 AM
Yes, and a very good one I might add. But just imagine the helmet one ...
Because I see the JA custom skins and it makes me drool, and iy would be fantastic to do the same in KOTOR.
 pascalneder009
05-01-2004, 11:41 AM
I think making the mask isn't so difficult i think im going to work on that one and us jk's mask
 messkell
05-01-2004, 12:06 PM
svцsh, nice skinning job, especially the evil bastila look.
 Colja
05-01-2004, 2:27 PM
You ARE the photoshop master!
 JedI_XtRmIsT
05-01-2004, 3:18 PM
Originally posted by Colja
You ARE the photoshop master!

i agree

in regards to the evil skin u should recolor the belt useing the shader so that it matches the other details in the skin

just a thought
 svцsh
05-01-2004, 5:58 PM
Thanks you guys!!!!!!! It’s great to get feed back on my work.

JedI_XtRmIsT

That’s just a quick fix in the alpha channel. I'll give it a go, and see how it looks. ;)

svцsh
 Hybris
05-01-2004, 9:17 PM
Is there a verison where the hair is not gold but is the orginal or red color?
 svцsh
05-01-2004, 9:40 PM
If you don’t want blonde hair then don’t drop the icons or the head file in to the override folder

svцsh
 shosey
05-01-2004, 11:34 PM
looks great buddy, I like the blue set.
 dh-vug
05-02-2004, 3:35 AM
Great job, they look awesome! And Bastila finally won't be using her clothes on Taris only now.

By the way, isn't it possible to use the shader by making .txi files? Or is that not possible for some reason?
 illuzion69
05-02-2004, 4:36 AM
great job! i really like both of them. you rule :D
 svцsh
05-03-2004, 12:20 AM
By the way, isn't it possible to use the shader by making .txi files? Or is that not possible for some reason?

No unfortunately.
Bastila has default set, as her envmap in appearance.2da so when you apply the alpha channel and make .txi file it will not produce the effect needed. What do get instead is Bastila with lots of holes through her. So unfortunately I had to use the appearance.2da. I changed the envmap from default to Cm_Baremeatl to get what I wanted. Your welcome to load it up remove the appearance.2da file and have peek through Bastila ;)

Thanks again guys I’m really happy people like my work :)

svцsh
 Nodakrattler
05-03-2004, 8:39 AM
This mod is sweet man. I had some trouble at first with editing the file so it would work but finaly got it to. I look forward to your next mod. Keep it up, the skies so far from being the limit.
 *Atris*
05-03-2004, 11:38 AM
great work i liked it so much i made it my default scout clothes
 Sladeviper
05-08-2004, 5:41 PM
Truly awesome skins svцsh. I just hope you could clear up something concerning their defensive properties. You said you increased their ac but I don't any modifier or stat bonuses when I equip them. Seem to be the same as the regular clothes.
 svцsh
05-09-2004, 5:56 PM
Originally posted by Sladeviper
You said you increased their ac but I don't any modifier or stat bonuses when I equip them. Seem to be the same as the regular clothes.

Trust me, I did the only thing is I didn’t change the description.

The clothes are set to 0 by default in the ac modifier I have set them to 4. open the .utc file with kt and see for yourself . If you want to compare then open the default p_bastilla.utc game file as well.

svцsh
 Cerasumat
06-06-2004, 9:04 PM
Originally posted by svцsh
Trust me, I did the only thing is I didn’t change the description.

The clothes are set to 0 by default in the ac modifier I have set them to 4. open the .utc file with kt and see for yourself . If you want to compare then open the default p_bastilla.utc game file as well.

svцsh

I downloaded the Bastila skins today. (5/6/2004)
I noticed the lack of AC bonus aswell and checked the utc files out like you said.

unk44_evilbast.utc (evil bassy) is indeed set to an AC bonus of 4.

p_bastilla.utc (good bassy, not the default) has AC bonus of 0.

I set the AC bonus in p_bastilla.utc to 4 and presto 4 point AC increase :D

BTW: i really like those skins, they look awesome :)
 Eliser
06-06-2004, 11:46 PM
Thanks for pointing that out Ceras, I wasn't quite sure how to go about correcting that. Now I can stick her back into cool clothes.
 buhallin
06-07-2004, 2:06 AM
the evil bastila has a "scale-like" layer as my scalearmor released ~week ago. :)
 svцsh
06-07-2004, 5:01 AM
Updated and fixed [06/06/04]

I guess I must eat my word, I am truly sorry about this and the fixed file has been uploaded to my site, Thank you for bringing this to my attention, And thank you for the compliments. I’m glad you enjoy these skins

svцsh
 Eliser
06-07-2004, 6:17 AM
The G/E Bastila is my favorite, it's too bad you can't modify the movies though. :)

Think that might be asking a bit much? lol
Page: 1 of 1