Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

doing grapples

Page: 1 of 1
 sora
04-29-2004, 5:36 PM
is there any mods out there that let you do kyles moves from jk3? thanks.
 Master William
04-29-2004, 5:52 PM
Try JA+ servers, they are server-side (no need for you to download anything) and you can switch to melee fists easily and do the moves by clicking both mouse buttons at the same time while facing somebody
 Kurgan
04-29-2004, 6:08 PM
To do grapples in SP or MP, you just have to have g_debugmelee 1 enabled (on the server in the case of MP).

Edit: Forgot to mention that to use fists in SP you need to bind keys to 'give weaponnum14' and 'weapon 14' then press one key then the other.

The commands do different things in SP & MP and in MP you can't do the "choke hold" (you can with mods though).

To get Melee without mods, simply remove all force points from Saber Attack in your profile and respawn. You'll have fists instead of a saber!

Now if g_debugmelee 1 is enabled on the server you can do grapples, here is how you do them:

Attack + Alt. Attack = nothing, just a gesture

Attack + Alt. Attack + Forward = knee slam

Attack + Alt. Attack + Back = gut punch

The enemy has to be fairly close for it to connect, but when it does, it's quite funny. Be sure you have the 1.01 patch installed, so you can hear all the sounds!

g_debugmelee 1 also lets you do staff style kicks with Melee (Alt. Attack + Forward, Backward or sides) and you can do unlimited wall grabs (hang on as long as you hold the button) with sabers and melee.

In SP ONLY g_debugmelee 1 also enables JK2 style "flip kicks" with saber or melee against enemies (double tap jump pressing against enemy body or single tap of jump strafing into enemy body).
 narfblat
04-29-2004, 8:11 PM
in single player, you can also get the grabs by typing, iknowkungfu(this also sets all force powers to maximum). The grabs for me seem a little different from what Kurgan showed(this may be because I haven't downloaded the updates for JA). Heres what it does for me:

Attack + Alt. Attack = gut punch

Attack + Alt. Attack + Forward = knee slam

Attack + Alt. Attack + Back = choke slam then throw.
 Lei Hng Wei
04-29-2004, 8:24 PM
In SP I don't like scrolling through the next/prev weapon keys to select fists, so I use the following to enable cheats; melee; fists; choose fists.

bind = "helpusobi 1; g_debugmelee 1; give weaponnum 14; weapon 14"

Add give ammo if you're sick of seeing the "weapon ammo depleted" on screen.

Now to try melee in MP and make screenshots. ;)
 TK-8252
04-29-2004, 8:47 PM
Instead of g_debugmelee 1 and give weaponnum 14, do "iknowkungfu."
 narfblat
04-29-2004, 8:51 PM
One more thing about the grapples in single player - if you use force speed when using a grapple on an enemy who doesn't use speed, the enemy's reaction will be delayed. This looks very funny.
 Kurgan
04-30-2004, 12:58 AM
narfblat, no you're not crazy and I'm not kidding either.

What you get from each different combination IS different between SP and MP! ; )

I couldn't remember what the SP ones were so I just left it at MP.

PS: Force Speed speeds up punches in SP, but in MP you have to use Rage to get a similar effect (though not nearly as fast).
 Crow_Nest
04-30-2004, 6:33 AM
iknowkungfu gives you level 3 force, typing weaponnum 14 doesnt, so if your not using cheats execpt this its best if you use weaponnum 14 or it will screw up your game.
Page: 1 of 1