Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Funniest Thing Happened To Your Characters Playing JA?

Page: 1 of 1
 Darth Evol Baby
04-14-2004, 6:07 PM
I gotta tell you. This game has some funny freakin' turns of events sometimes.

Especially when you spawn characters.

Some of my favorites was I d/loaded the Yoda Mod pack. I was fighting in the temple and spawned 4 Yodas. They started kicking butt like a circus troupe. During one scenario a sith disciple with a double blade attacked. Believe it or not, one Yoda then jumps on the head of another Yoda, they go into a stance and both hurl their lightsabers at the sith. Then the one on top leaps up and both use force pull, hurl their sabers while the sith was in mid air and turn him into giblet stew.

Another time I had 4 Yodas during the Chandrilla end scene. During the battle one Yoda lost his lightsaber when he tossed it at a disciple. Believe it or not when the battle was over the 4 Yodas stood there as the saberless Yoda tried to take their lightsabers. The 3 leftover Yodas then turned on the saberless Yoda and turned him into soup.

Finally amongst numerous funny scenarios, I was in the temple catacombs with 4 Jedi and 3 Yodas backing me up when I lead the charge. Lights and zaps and screams all over as the battle got hot and heavy. Not paying attention I charged ahead and didn't see a sith come down on me, I was trapped and then out of nowhere a sith's dismembered butt comes flying past my head from someone using force push and hits the attacking sith in the face knocking him over. Then feet and arms and heads followed til the dude was buried in his comrades' chopped off body parts!
As dude rose up a little green lightsaber comes flying past cutting him in half! I screamed with laughter.

On the byss scene though it was funny watching Yoda run up to a stormtrooper, kick him in the shin then kneecap him, as dude fell he then beheaded him and then kicked his head at the other stormtroopers who jumped out of the way.

I tell you, this game has lots of comedy in it and makes it more fun to play.
 Kharad Donn
04-14-2004, 7:17 PM
One thing I love to do when I'm feeling evil:

On the level where you help Wedge capture the mining platform, (by now I have force grip 3) I don't even fight the troopers. As they come running at me I simply grip them and drop them off the edge. If there are a lot of them, I always start cracking up as I hear the overlapping screams as they fall to their doom.

A side note here:

Has anyone else noticed that as the troopers fall, some of them hit something? Next time you grip/push one, back up to the ledge and watch him fall. Some troopers disappear into them mist, but some of them hit something and you can see their dead bodies lying there. Hilarious!
 --ZeeMan--
04-14-2004, 7:31 PM
LOLOLOL oh that's great....seeing a yoda attack another yoda LMFAO
 Lei Hng Wei
04-14-2004, 11:35 PM
Okay, I'm breaking out the Yoda mod. :D

What this game needs is a replay feature. Blizzard has this for StarCraft and WarCraft. It records the game/mission to be viewed later. Partly for entertainment, partly for evidence of online hacker/cheaters.

Screenshots? Bah! Must get replay for Jedi Knight 4.

"Ya don't believe that happened? Download the replay dude."
 narfblat
04-15-2004, 5:38 AM
Sometimes after an enemy dies from a fall, they keep on going through the motions they make while falling. This makes it look like they're swimming.(this also happens in JKII: JO)
 Darth Evol Baby
04-15-2004, 6:06 AM
Originally posted by --ZeeMan--
LOLOLOL oh that's great....seeing a yoda attack another yoda LMFAO

LMAO Too! It happened again! What it is is if you spawn 2 or more Yodas and they get into a big battle they're always throwin' those lightsabers around. One of them is bound to lose his saber and when he does he tries to force pull a saber. Problem is he tries it on all the other Yodas and they then turn on him like a pack of dogs. Yet if he DOES get one of their sabers while they're attacking him he'll fight back and it's sort of like a 'catches catch can' game with flying sabers.
 Crow_Nest
04-15-2004, 8:52 AM
So i spawned many of myself, turned on my saber and they all turned on their sabers! So i killed them all and their sabers were still on!
 Samuel Dravis
04-15-2004, 1:35 PM
Originally posted by narfblat
Sometimes after an enemy dies from a fall, they keep on going through the motions they make while falling. This makes it look like they're swimming.(this also happens in JKII: JO) If you hack them up with your saber while they're doing that, the parts still move. It's funny to see the torso twisting around like some type of insect when its legs being cut off.
 Darth Evol Baby
04-15-2004, 7:35 PM
Originally posted by Samuel Dravis
If you hack them up with your saber while they're doing that, the parts still move. It's funny to see the torso twisting around like some type of insect when its legs being cut off.

Yes! ROFL!

Once when I dismembered a dude he did the fall on his knees looking at his cut off hand thingie.

Problem was he had no head because his chopped off head was stuck on his cut off arm nub so it looked like he had a head puppet on his hand and he had no head! He was still screaming too! Dang I wish I had known how to screencapture then. Now I have it at the ready!
 LordXaras
04-16-2004, 1:17 PM
Maybe not as funny as the Yoda ones (mental note, try the Yoda ones...), but...

I was playing Power Duel vs bots, 2 of them vs me on the Imperial shaft map.
I just waited on the 'bridges' for one of them to come, with my saber down, then I zapped them and watched them be thrown off the bridge... Emperor style.
:p
 Doomie
04-16-2004, 8:41 PM
Darth evol you are the most:D :D :D :D hilarious guy on LF! No really, the stuff you come up with! the yodas, the rancors, the bobas....
 Master William
04-16-2004, 9:43 PM
Once, on Hoth in a Wampa cave, I spawned 30 Wampa's and Desann, and they all went to attack him. One of them was bending down, showing his ass (dunno why he did it) while the other behind it was doing some sort of taunt, so all this looked like they were having sex. I can't tell you how much I laughed on that one... I later had a Rancor eat them all up though :)
 Alegis
04-16-2004, 11:28 PM
Originally posted by Lei Hng Wei

What this game needs is a replay feature. Blizzard has this for StarCraft and WarCraft. It records the game/mission to be viewed later. Partly for entertainment, partly for evidence of online hacker/cheaters.
In console

/record
/stop

watch demos in the play demo menu (in MP menu)

this works for MP, not sure about sp
 Darth Evol Baby
04-16-2004, 11:49 PM
Originally posted by Doomgiver
Darth evol you are the most:D :D :D :D hilarious guy on LF! No really, the stuff you come up with! the yodas, the rancors, the bobas....

Thanks Doom!

Might be because I'm a big-kid at heart and I'm a pro writer and comics/animation artist.

This game is way too much fun to put down. Soon as I get done seeing something funny something funnier happens! Plus learning to do mods, skins, maps is way more fun!

Now THIS is funny! I finally found out 'why' Yodas turn on each other during battle. It depends on how many Yodas you spawn and the closed quarters. They all start flinging them lightsabers around and hitting each other and then they get mad and turn on one of them. This time I have screenshots!!!

What I do is I spawn 7 Yodas so it looks like a Jedi version of Snow White or Lord of the Rings. Then sit back and watch them kick butt! I spawned 7 yodas during the Hoth/Alora fight and the Yodas played hockey with her butt for like half an hour! They force pulled and pushed her between themselves, bounced her off walls, kicked her, stomped her, the whole works. I almost had to spawn a wampa just to break up the fighting! Then when the cinematic started where she escapes they came barrelling into the cinematic throwin' lightsabers at her! She didn't even get a chance to say her lines, all she could say was stuff like 'Ow! Ah!'

Here are my 'Magnificent 7 Yodas' screenshots.

http://members.aol.com/evolbaby/YODASATTACK.jpg)

http://members.aol.com/evolbaby/7Y1.jpg)

http://members.aol.com/evolbaby/7Y2.jpg)
Page: 1 of 1