Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

bon fire

Page: 1 of 1
 JeeMonkey
04-10-2004, 3:33 AM
hey all, i searched everywhere for this and nothing came up that would answer my question, just similar topics. anyway i want to make a huge flame in the center of the main room in my map like the one in ragnos's deciples. only i dont want to use like a bunch of little flames. is there anyway to change the size of the flame like using modelscale_vec???????
 WadeV1589
04-10-2004, 9:05 AM
Try env/fire_wall it may cover enough area to do it for you.
 JeeMonkey
04-13-2004, 5:56 PM
nope, that just made a wall of fire that was the same size as if i put 4 regular flames side by side. the default flame is 16x16x16 units. what im going for is a flame that would be as big as 256x256x256.
 vas_zag
04-14-2004, 9:33 AM
hmm try editing the file in notepad
i seem to remember editing the size is quite simple ive done it before for some weapon mods
 JeeMonkey
04-14-2004, 8:05 PM
i seem to remember editing the size is quite simple ive done it before for some weapon mods

haha were u trying to make the wepons bigger? or something? the way u worded it just sounds funny. anyway ill get back to u on the changing the size in notepad.
 JeeMonkey
04-15-2004, 10:07 PM
i saw a sections of the effects file when i opened it up in notepad, and i tried changing a couple to the dimensions i wanted but it came out invisible when i compiled my map.

what exactly am i supposed to change when i open the effects file (fx_fire) in notepad???
 wedge2211
04-15-2004, 11:12 PM
Use EffectsEd, there are some options for sizing and scaling in there.
 vas_zag
04-16-2004, 1:09 PM
Originally posted by JeeMonkey
haha were u trying to make the wepons bigger? or something? the way u worded it just sounds funny. anyway ill get back to u on the changing the size in notepad.

hehe no i meant the .efx files for the weapon fire thing
i made a snowball just by changing changing the skin of the thermal and changing the shader, sounds and size of the effect in notepad
anyway *moves back to topic* yeah try editing the file in effectsed i personally never go near it though
Page: 1 of 1