Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Need Exar Kuns darksaber for newmod

Page: 1 of 1
 mgnails
04-03-2004, 2:09 PM
Doom_dealer has already mada great retexture and stats of exars first saber. Now, I would like it if someone would make a double bladed lightsaber with a black hilt and a deep glowing red color. I plan to make an Exar Kun character join your party in the future and I want him to be equipped with exar kuns robes and his darksaber. Also, I want to place Exar kuns first saber on the new ship mod after you visit dantooine. Here are some stats I would prefer.

Exar Kuns Darksaber
Damage energy 8-29
Damage physical 7-19
Fire +6
Cold +6
Immunity 100% vs. Fire
Immunity 100% vs. Electrical
Bonus Feats: Force choke, force lightning, stasis field, drain.
Special Upgradeable.

I don't know if you can have bonus force powers with an item but I thought that exar kuns darksaber should be a great source of power for those who use dark force powers. I also would like it to be upgradeable. I was hoping for the color blade like T7's sith strength.

Also, If some one could make me Exar Kuns robes that are upgradeable and have a dark jedi robe texture, I would put that in the game to. I have decided that Exar Kun will be on the leviathan and fight you after malak kidnapps bastilla. Exar Kun will fill in bastilla's spot if you persuade him to join your cause. I don't relly care what Exar Kuns Robe stats are as long as it is upgradeable.
 ShadowSoldier
04-03-2004, 2:24 PM
why would you add stasis field if it's of great dark side power?(stasis field=light side)

Sweet idea though!
 mgnails
04-03-2004, 2:44 PM
stasis field was a mistake. I ment to say force breach or something like that. Also, I thought that stasis was a universal power.
 ShadowSoldier
04-03-2004, 3:02 PM
I would say fear/horror/insanity or force immunity
 Doom_Dealer
04-03-2004, 3:44 PM
Im on this!!!!!!!!!!!!!
 mgnails
04-03-2004, 3:56 PM
great doom_dealer. I just got the endar spire files and are working on placing items in containers right now! I hope that Exar kuns lightsaber comes out to be as cool as your exar kuns first saber. When you finish it, send it to me and Ill put it on the endar spire for now. When exar kun joining your party is done, I will equip him with it.
 Doom_Dealer
04-03-2004, 4:05 PM
gimme a couple of days, im going away for 2 days so ill try and get it done when i get back.
 mgnails
04-03-2004, 4:24 PM
take your time. I am going to start a new thread with a list of items that I want to put in my mod sometime today.
 mgnails
04-03-2004, 5:17 PM
Doom_dealer, scince you made the first exar kun saber, I would assume you can make new items. Jedi has made a retexture of t7s sith strength that looks very cool, I want it in my mod as revans darksaber but I doesn't know how to make a new saber. I would like to know your e-mail adress so that he can send you the files to use at your leisure and I was hoping you could use that retexture and make it a new item, give it stats and name it Revans Darksaber. If you can of course.
 Commas
04-03-2004, 6:01 PM
adding spells to an item is nothing at all like adding feats to an item, i've tried doing a similar thing. i tried adding the droid carbonite spell to a lightsaber and it didnt work, and just to troubleshoot i tried adding a personal sheild and force lightning which also didnt work.

the best i was able to do with the carbonite projector was make it behave like tk102's flamethrower, meaning you can't target manueally it will lock on to the closest baddie. if this works for you i suggest you check out this thread: http://www.lucasforums.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=125738)

something that is also noteworthy about this process: the icon for whatever spell you add to the lightsaber will be the icon for your lightsaber and will appear in the armbands menu (assuming you use the same process as tk's flamethrower) and finally and most perplexing of all is that the lightsaber icon will only appear there if the lightsaber is in your inventory but not equiped on your charactor if you try to equip it icon goes away.

good luck to anyone else that trys to make this work, i'm currently still working on it, with no more progress as of yet... the key may be "requireitemmask" in spells.2da
 Hax0redCardz
04-03-2004, 7:09 PM
Originally posted by mgnails

Exar Kuns Darksaber
Damage energy 8-29
Damage physical 7-19
Fire +6
Cold +6
Immunity 100% vs. Fire
Immunity 100% vs. Electrical
Bonus Feats: Force choke, force lightning, stasis field, drain.
Special Upgradeable.

So it'll have a damage range of 27-60 (without including strength mods), a bunch of free force powers and is still upgradable!???! :eek: Doesn't that seem a lil bit overpowered?
 JedI_XtRmIsT
04-04-2004, 1:05 AM
"alittle overpowered" is an understatement
 mgnails
04-04-2004, 1:25 AM
true, i guess that the guy who makes the saber can lower the stats to his choosing.
Page: 1 of 1