Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

at-at tactic

Page: 1 of 1
 Eagle Warrior
03-30-2004, 11:04 AM
What is the best tactic you can come up with to protect the :atat: from being pulled down by snowspeeders.

my tactic is to have 2 :atat: parallel with each other so they can cover each other. also each of the at-ats will have 4 at-st's with them to to help support the other atat (the one in the back will be the only one who will need 6 atsts
 Swoosh
03-30-2004, 3:17 PM
it's hard to say at this point, but probably one or two at-sts would be desired to protect the at-at. who knows how many vehicles will be available in any particular level though.

Swoosh
 dark jedi 8
03-30-2004, 8:22 PM
the 2 at-st's or a couple of tie's for cover against snowspeeders. maybe a troop or two on the ground to cover against any downed rebel pilots who try to do the skywalker thing against the at-at's.
 tFighterPilot
03-30-2004, 9:17 PM
Battle of hoth had no ties
 dark jedi 8
03-30-2004, 10:10 PM
but its a big enough environment that they might put ties in their. there was no battle at all on tatooine, but they have 2 maps thier. i guess they do what they want? to a certian point.
 Huntsman
03-31-2004, 1:24 AM
I think you'll find that the strats you propose here may have no basis in reality once we are introduced to the reality of the physics, equipment abilities, map specifics and damage rations of the actual game. Conversing on tactics before playing the game probably has little purpose except for the fun of it.
 tFighterPilot
03-31-2004, 12:34 PM
I think fun was the main reason this thread was created
 Doomie
03-31-2004, 12:52 PM
have some atst's scout ahead. when they cleared the way to heavy enemy fortifications, the at-at, flanked by other at-at's and atst's, can destroy it.

The perfect combination.
 Eagle Warrior
03-31-2004, 3:58 PM
Originally posted by Doomgiver
have some atst's scout ahead. when they cleared the way to heavy enemy fortifications, the at-at, flanked by other at-at's and atst's, can destroy it.

The perfect combination.

good idea:cool: you also can have some fighters support the atsts becasue the snowspeeders will be able to easly blow up the atsts
 Mountainforest
03-31-2004, 6:24 PM
Yeah, why not also put some TIE bombers, lambda class shutles and speeders in the atack (do you guys really think you have that much vehicles available on one map ?) :rolleyes:
Page: 1 of 1