Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Changing the rider animation?

Page: 1 of 1
 Chairwalker
03-27-2004, 4:52 AM
I'm working on an ESPO walker vehicle, and its supposed to have a translucent cockpit thingy.
But since im using the walker class, the driver doesnt want to sit down, it just 'sticks' with the last animation used, if you jump and enter, you see a guy floating inside the cockpit.

So i was wondering if you guys could fix the rideranim stat.
that way i could just assign one of the many sitting animations to be the rider animation.

Also, it would be very useful if the numhands stat would work for other vehicle classes.
Because it would be really cool if we could make flying vehicles on wich the driver can use a saber to swoop down and wreck havoc.

Bla
 keshire
03-27-2004, 4:59 AM
Ya, alot of that vehicle stuff is redundant. There should just be one universal vehicle class for all vehicles. Just be sure to add plenty of flags.

But I'd recommend using the speeder vehicle class for your project. Just set the hover to zero denoting it as a ground vehicle.
 razorace
03-27-2004, 6:32 AM
Try asking Phunk. He's the one that's been doing all the OJP addition vehicle stuff.
 keshire
03-27-2004, 6:34 AM
Yep, with everything he's already added to it. I wouldn't be surprised if this wasn't already corrected.

And as far as flying vehicles using the numhands stat. Try the VEH_FLYER class. it was meant for flying animals I believe.
 RenegadeOfPhunk
03-27-2004, 11:22 AM
I haven't corrected it yet, but I've had a bit of a mess around with the animations for vehicle riders, and yes - I can sort that out.

I'll take a look at it when I get a chance.
Page: 1 of 1