Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Flying Classes

Page: 1 of 1
 PR-0927
03-26-2004, 2:39 AM
O.K. Pay attention and read carefully so I don't have to repeat what I say.

It has come to my attention that people are bad, err, I mean different pilots. I am going to be offering dogfighting/pilotting classes. PROBLEM: I can't run servers, so someone will have to provide a server for me. Or, we could go on servers like 24/7 Destroyer server, or jolt.uk (blah, blah), or Amidala's server (can't remember the exact name). My online name is: [MFE-A] Mercenary (Majin). If you are looking for a class, post here and then look for me daily online. One-hour classes only though.

I'm not bragging (I think), but, I am an excellent pilot. At least three clans have offered for me to join them because of my flying skills. I usually turn up with outrageous scores like: 60 to 10 or 58 to 4, which (in my opinion) means that I ROCK!! And, most of the time, I am an Imperial.

O.K., then, post here for classes, and I'll respond ASAP.
:fett:
 Andy867
03-26-2004, 7:30 AM
Well, since people know me from helping the Asteroids Mod as well as beta test Destroyer, I've had quite a few challenges from people who wanted me on both Rebel and Imperial side, and I was definitely able to hold my own to lead the team I was on to victory on many occasions. (note my screenshots in the asteroids thread) So I personally do not need these so-called "classes" but I can definitely offer some assistance in bashing, I mean teaching the hot shot pilots:)
 Kengo
03-26-2004, 9:22 AM
I can personally attest to Andy's skills, he gave me a true kicking in some one on ones with both sides! I think I'm pretty good but he's in a different league entirely. :)

My recommendation: Any lessons should begin with a 5 hour course on how to safely leave the hangar, with the aid of diagrams and slideshows if neccesary. Prospective pilots should learn basic flying facts like where best to position drinks in the cockpit, and looking cool in pilot gear. Most importantly of all; Rebel pilots should be taught not to always pick the damn A-Wing!

More seriously, good luck with it, I think a few basics would improve many pilots a great deal.
 Alegis
03-26-2004, 1:19 PM
for me it doesnt matter how many rebels there are, but it matters where they are around me, in my back i'm weak with the advanced but in front of me its easy for me to take m down..then again i havent played it much lately :p
 Prime
03-26-2004, 4:33 PM
I do okay. Frankly, I've kind of lost interest in the gametype...
 MyNameisBill
03-27-2004, 9:56 PM
Um, are you guys talking about JKA, I know you can spawn ships, but a lot would m ake it lag really bad, and you'd need a huge map, so will some one tell me whats going on here, I like to fly in spawned ships in solo games but....
 Neverhoodian
03-28-2004, 5:57 AM
There's been a few custom maps and mods released (most notably the Asteriods mod) that provide space combat, allowing players to dogfight in starfighters.

Having been a long-time veteran of both the X-Wing and Rogue Squadron series, I'm pretty good at dogfighting in JA. Having a training class would help make the game more competitive, as many JA players seem to be primarily FPS gamers with little flight experience.
 LukeKatarn
03-28-2004, 4:05 PM
Well I am pretty good but I could improve alot my name online on JKA is LUKEKATARN!

ps what server are the classes on?
 PR-0927
03-28-2004, 10:42 PM
The classes will be on the "ASTEROIDS Space Combat" server mainly. Other servers are the "24/7 Destroyer/Asteroids" server. Another is the "jolt.uk (blah blah, can't remember the rest)" server. First things first. Today I was on the 24/7 server from 3:00 P.M. to 3:45 P.M. On weekdays, I'll probably be online around 7:30 P.M. to around 9:00 P.M. I won't be online throughout those times, but on for an hour between those times. I'd have better times, but, I have Tennis practice for my high school, so, yeah. Also, stupid of me not to point out until now, but, my time is Eastern Time.
The classes will be only an hour long. If you don't find me on one server, look on another until you find me. But, an hour from the moment I'm on, till I get off. So, if you find me three minutes before I get off, well, you only get three minutes of time, sorry. This is the reason: My parents won't let me play games for over an hour unless I haven't played games for a while, I was working all day, or if a friend is over.
Well, hope that answers your questions LukeKatarn, so look for me on those servers this week. I wish I had my own server, but you don't always get what you want...
Anyway, greet me by saying: Majin, I'm here for a class. I'll say O.K. C'ya!!

:fett:
Page: 1 of 1