Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

STAR WARS Episodes 7 - 9?

Page: 1 of 1
 Ockniel
03-25-2004, 6:42 AM
hey, I have heard mixed results about there being a episode 7 8 and 9, what do you guys think?

:wid:

ps: I hope this is the right forum
 Jan Gaarni
03-25-2004, 7:16 AM
Ep 7, 8, 9 = Thrawn Trilogy :D
 Skinkie
03-25-2004, 3:47 PM
All I have to say, is that there better not be.
 Wraith 8
03-27-2004, 7:33 AM
for money skinkie... people will do anything. so uhmmm unless george lives for ever... i see those comming :)

and lets pray top god and the jedi ways that it WILL be the thrawn trilogy
 Wanderer
03-27-2004, 6:22 PM
Weeellll....I'm looking forward to it...though I think Lucas won't direct it.
But what I really would like to see are movies of the Expanded Universe. Now that I'm the proud owner of two star wars comics I would like to see a movie with Aayla Secura or Mara Jade....sigh...
maybe this will happen someday in the future....hope I live long enough to see it...
 Autobot Traitor
03-28-2004, 1:32 AM
Thrawn deserves his own cartoon a la clonewars. Hell, if they gave ewoks one, thrawn certainly should get one.
 OptimusPrime75
03-28-2004, 3:26 AM
If they were to do 7-9 in the EU they'd have to do something in respect to the age of the characters now, i.e. 25-30 years after ep. IV which means during the New Jedi Order.

That also makes you wonder if they could get any if not all of the original actors to assume those roles again.
 Astrotoy7
03-28-2004, 8:32 AM
*astro starts twitching and talking to his shadow*

why do posters love throwing this up every so often, it's *not *going to happen. It reminds of all those Tolkienites, hoping that Silmarilllion is going to be made into a 9 movie series ...humbug !

a) George Lucas has stated it is NOT going to happen
(do you need a darn better reason. Yes, he has changed his mind in the past, but until he says its happening The SW film saga will end with Ep III.....)

b) The OT and PT form a tight little story arc, the rise and fall and redemption of anakin skywalker. Someone please point out to me what loose ends ROTJ leaves unaddressed.... ??? The Emperor toppled, anakin restored to the force.....what else do you need !

c) The way the modern EU was conceived was to create a future chronology for our beloved characters. Otherwise we wouldve ended up with a mish-mash EU like Trek......

d) Unless there is another prequel series(which makes no sense) to follow directly on from ROTJ would be *impossible* if you want to use the original actors, theyre all old, and if Harrison Ford does any more rough stuff he'll break a hip....(Im cringing to think of what he'll be doing in Indy 4)......

e)I just dont see the point. Maybe, if we are lucky, if miracles exist, then we might get more SW stuff, a CG movie. an online series, who knows. Even not, there'll always be SW gaming :)

*astro exhales, returns to Swamp, weary of his journey to the EU forum....* :p

mtfbwya
 Master_Keralys
04-05-2004, 3:28 PM
It will not occur, at least at this time. Unless GL changes his mind (again) - but he's not likely to, he's far too old at this point. It would also likely destroy the entire EU if he did, which would be truly tragic.

Breathe, astro, breathe - I know it hurts when they do this, but some people just honestly don't know...
 toenail1
04-06-2004, 12:43 AM
oh please, any other time than NJO
 ET Warrior
04-07-2004, 4:48 AM
Originally posted by Master_Keralys
It would also likely destroy the entire EU if he did, which would be truly tragic.

Oh yeah, a real travesty.:rolleyes:
 JediLiberator
04-07-2004, 2:37 PM
I don't think Lucas should make another trilogy. Maybe if he kicked the bucket and other people made it( set about 200 yrs after everything else) then that would be okay. But I think Lucas lost his touch with movies.
 Atti-Muni
04-07-2004, 3:16 PM
They would have to make about the NJO because they could hire new cast to play as the main charecters.

On the other hand it would be great if they could make on the Thrawn Trilogy- Brilliant!
:atat: :atat: :atat:
 BobaJango
04-16-2004, 3:41 AM
They should make Steven Speilberg make and direct the whole Thrawn trilogy. No cuts in the storyline (maybe 3 hrs long each.)
And put Boba Fett into them somehow...
 jon_hill987
04-24-2004, 3:56 PM
No! please not Speilberg. all of his movies of late have been rubbish soppy garbage.
 Deeo
04-24-2004, 7:20 PM
If the Thrawn Trilogy was made then it could conflict with the prequel trilogy storyline regarding clones and such.

Come on, that should be the most obvious problem with creating Ep 7-9... the actors. They're all old not to mention Carrie Fisher has put on a few 1000lb's of late (I hope she doesn't read these forums). Or I think she did. Last I saw her was on the extra features of the EpII DVD and she looked pretty... massive.

Anyways, Ep7 would probably be a long time in the future and like the other guy said who posted in these forums is that it would screw the EU universe.... except the Prequels are pretty much screwing the EU universe already thus leading me to believe that the EU is a completely seperate branch of the Star Wars universe in whole.
 Isair
04-27-2004, 11:31 PM
Well if rumors are true, Lucas does have plans for some thing along these lines after Episode Three. They're only rumors though so it's not like it'll definitly happen.
 Darth Talliusc
04-28-2004, 6:46 PM
Originally posted by Jan Gaarni
Ep 7, 8, 9 = Thrawn Trilogy :D

if only we could be so lucky. i truly doubt ep 7-9 will come. but i recall GL talking about moving to TV after ep3... anybody else think the thrawn trilogy could be made into a mini series on tv? hey if they did it with dune it wouldnt be too hard to do for thrawns story. yeah i know it wont happen but im dreamin here.

the age (and as somebody mentioned size) of the actors from the OT would be a problem. and undoubtedly people would boycott new actors taking the beloved roles. but id watch it.

while im dreaming on mini series did anybody say x-wing? ok those novels could have been written a little better but the story's were definitely well done and ideal for a mini series. plus it wouldnt rely at all on original actors (ok they'd have to cut luke and leia from one or two scenes but nobody's gonna complain if its not the original wedge being used).

and before the canon puritans (who shouldnt even be here) start complaining id like to point out that lucas is smarter then me and will do what he will do. i just think that ending ep6 with just the emperor (not the EMPIRE) gone left it a little open.
 BobaJango
04-29-2004, 12:47 AM
Then have James Cameron direct the Thrawn trilogy instead. As for Mrs. Fisher, the weight she put on would be perfect for the thrawn trilogy because Leia is pregnant during the first two books.
 Canderous_ordo1
05-14-2006, 2:28 AM
i think the director that made star ship troopers should do it and from what i know there is going to anthor 7,9
 Foshjedi2004
05-14-2006, 5:06 AM
Now Thats What I call a Necro Post!! LOL
 MachineCult
05-14-2006, 9:00 AM
i think the director that made star ship troopers should do it and from what i know there is going to anthor 7,9
Imbecile. This thread is over 2 years old, there isn't going to be any more Star Wars movies, this has been said countless times.
from what i know
How do you know? I can't think of any source you would have other than your own wandering imagination.
Again, do not bump 2 year old threads with bulls**t.
 Astrotoy7
05-14-2006, 11:46 AM
Dear O Dear.

Canderous, please dont bump 2 year old threads. And the Starship Trooper director is no more going to do Eps 7-9 than I am :(

closaged

mtfbwya
 Kurgan
05-14-2006, 6:23 PM
Just to toss in my 2 cents (Ha!) yep, and if anyone thinks those "Scripts" they found on the 'net for Episode 7-9 prove anything, remember, they were made up by that SuperShadow guy, a known hoaxer. George Lucas had NOTHING to do with them, they're strictly "fan fiction."

The Thrawn Trilogy aren't really Episode 7-9. The EU specifically chose not to use Episode numbers... the six movies are all there are for that, it's a closed story arc.

Lucas COULD one day up and decide to film these new movies, completely from scratch, with new actors playing the famous classic trilogy characters, but he's said time and again he has no plans to do so. So we can just let it rest...

Just had to throw that in. ;)
Page: 1 of 1