Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

force jumping

Page: 1 of 1
 sora
03-24-2004, 10:21 PM
Is there anyway to force jump with out having to be in combat? is there a mod, beacause sometimes those pesky team mates get in your way, so i was wondering if it was possible.
 Doom_Dealer
03-25-2004, 7:20 PM
i dout it, after all its a combat animation adn requires a target, if it is possible though it would take a hell of alot of editing of the spells.2da file, and the only people who could really do that are kitty kitty etc, and gamesunlimited and they all kinda dissapeared all at once.
 Tianhou_Zhong
03-25-2004, 7:58 PM
I've been working on that for a while, but with no luck. I will keep trying! :(
 Darth333
03-25-2004, 8:01 PM
Originally posted by sora
beacause sometimes those pesky team mates get in your way

Note that for now you can't force jump when there are obstacles or other npcs in your way.
 PrtyLizardJedi
03-27-2004, 8:07 AM
Jeez, I really get off, cuz' the NPCs, because I have itty-bitty Carth equipped with Blasters, and I conrtol PCC at the moment when the battle starts, Carth runs to the opponent's face, THEN starts shootin'
 mgnails
03-28-2004, 2:00 PM
couldnt you make a new forcepower or feat by extracting the force jump animation or scripts and make it so that it is just a universal power so that when you click on the icon, you do a force jump in the direction you are facing. You wont have to worry about jumping off a cliff because you would bounce off of it like it was an invisible wall.

Also, maybe someone could extract the force jump and make a force fly. When you click on the icon once, you do half of a force jump, making you float in the air and fly over things. If you click the icon again, your PC does the rest of force jump and ends up back on the ground.
 sora
03-28-2004, 8:58 PM
that sounds sweet. but the force fly, it would be a problem on the wookiee home world, and on sauls ship.
 deathstrike123
03-28-2004, 9:28 PM
force fly was probably a joke, but that force jump does sound cool, someone should make something like that!
 Weiser_Cain
03-29-2004, 7:16 AM
I'd just like to be able to force jump over characters.
 T7nowhere
03-29-2004, 8:12 AM
Why would anyone want to go to all that work to make the PC jump, when you can just hit tab and move the npc's out of your way. :confused:
 Weiser_Cain
03-29-2004, 8:50 AM
So I can jump over sith troops to get to the sith apprentices that are really killing me.
 Alfrauk
03-29-2004, 2:18 PM
I would like to be able to jump. And by universal power do you mean that there would basicaly be a jump button in the area where the force powers that can be used anytime are?
 mgnails
03-29-2004, 8:31 PM
Kind of, A force power that when you click on the icon, you force jump without having to highlight anything or be in combat. Maybe a new and seperate force power so there are 2 force jumps including the force jump in combat.
Page: 1 of 1