Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Weapons.dat, .npc in SP

Page: 1 of 1
 lassev
03-17-2004, 12:37 PM
This post corcerns SP editing. This subject has been addressed in some older post, but I still wouldn't want to throw my hope away.

I tried to make a modified, reskinned remote droid to use wp_demp2 gun instead of the wp_bot_laser it is normally using. I tried first making a new entry in the weapon.dat, combining pieces from the wp_bot_laser to wp_demp2. Then I pointed the plasma (the new .npc entry) to use the wp_plasm weapons.dat entry. It didn't work in game. The droid seemed still be using the bot_laser although there were no visible projectiles.

Also, it produced absolutely same result, if I pointed the .npc entry to use the original wp_demp2 right away. After that I changed the original wp_bot_laser entry to use weapon_demp2 class (and missilefunc). And again the same null result.

Is there any chance what-so-ever to achieve this, to change the weapon a remote droid is using? It wouldn't accept the demp2 weapon even if I used a spawnscript and the regular scripting command.
Page: 1 of 1