Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Camera

Page: 1 of 1
 lauser
03-15-2004, 9:30 PM
Anyone know how I would go about finding the camera postions ingame? I'm making skyboxes and I need 90 270 360 0 etc. When I take screenshots I need to know exactly the right position to be in. I have an idea how to do it. But is there an easier way to make reference points?
 lassev
03-15-2004, 10:01 PM
Although I cannot answer your question, the problem you presented intrigues me... Why are you making a skybox like that? Do you want to get some brushes / entities as a part of the skybox?
 WadeV1589
03-16-2004, 1:10 AM
If ^^^ that is the case, you can use sky portals.
 lauser
03-16-2004, 7:58 PM
Well I can get EVADER to make me a skybox with lightwave but I want to try this first. Basically it's puting models into a skybox. Like the Yavin skybox or even Nemesis from LDJ. But what I want are all the plant/tree models I made for the ENDOR map into the skybox. I did it once before but it didn't line up nearly as well as I hoped. Obviously the idea here is to have a background and a foreground skybox with much detail. If I can figure it out then I have about 4 skyboxes waiting to be made in this manner.

Wade...how would one use the portals to find out your position? I need to take a screenshot at EXACTLY the right spot for it to work right. Does rgoer know how one would go about this?
 Mercenary
03-16-2004, 10:57 PM
Taking screenshots in game in all 6 views won't turn out perfectly because the camera view isn't a 1:1 ratio.

Have you tried Bryce 5? You could import your plant/tree models and make an entire scene with it. The price has dropped a lot since it came out.
 lauser
03-17-2004, 4:17 AM
Yeeeeeaaaahh...I think I've shelled out enough money for programs for the time being. I need someone to do it but would like to do it myself if possible. And actually as I stated before I have taken screenshots and they came out pretty darn good.....but not flawless as I would like them to be. I'll check out your idea though Mercanary. Thanks
 Leslie Judge
03-17-2004, 7:11 PM
Originally posted by WadeV1589
If ^^^ that is the case, you can use sky portals. Listen to him! :) Try it out!
 lauser
03-17-2004, 8:37 PM
Leslie wrote:
If ^^^ that is the case, you can use sky portals.

Uuumm....okay L J...but how?

Thanks for the help guys...obviously I was in the WRONG forum.

Map-center ROCKS!! (http://www.map-center.com/modules.php?name=Forums&file=viewtopic&t=1585):cool):
 Wudan
03-18-2004, 8:04 PM
Oh - you got it, then?

The Q3Map2 Wiki (http://wikibooks.org/wiki/Q3Map2#_skybox) could've helped, too.
Page: 1 of 1