Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

to the Dark Forces Mod Team

Page: 1 of 1
 BladeTurbo
03-15-2004, 5:52 PM
I just wanted to say thanks and i cant wait to try the full version. i love playing the original dark forces game, but with WinXP, its really ugly (thanks Microsoft). keep up the great work.
 BladeTurbo
03-15-2004, 6:07 PM
i hope that after you complete this and then take a nice long vacation, you could redo Dark Forces II (no rush though, i will have fun for a long time with DF I)
 Alegis
03-15-2004, 6:41 PM
Well i suppose it would be more work and it would be awesome for me so i can play those games, and they could do it if dark forces is a big hit, but bear in mind it will take a very long time ;)
 Tom Resnick
03-16-2004, 2:30 AM
Oh... my lord...
**begins weeping at the thought of 28-member team attempting to coordinate and slaving over another entire mod just to sate fans**
 SlicerDude
03-16-2004, 4:19 AM
Maybe if there was a JK:DF2 mod after this one I'd actually have enough time then to help on it. Not likely (the mod or the time), but I can hope. Well, I bet someone will convert some game to JK sometime, but something tells me that some of the team members on this mod might be ready for something different by the time it's done. Then again, they're doing such a great job that I really wish they'd make JK.

By the way, BladeTurbo, if by "really ugly" you mean the low resolution, it's not XP's fault; it's always been that way. If you mean something else I don't know what it is being that I run Win98 when it's not rebooting because it crashed yet again.
 Darth_Linux
03-22-2004, 12:29 AM
Originally posted by BladeTurbo
but with WinXP, its really ugly (thanks Microsoft).

heh, as if it's Microsoft's fault that it's ugly . . . it's ugly cuz Lucas ARts made the artwork in 320x200. Now that video cards have 16x the resolution of that it can't help but look ugly. It would look ugly on MacOS, Linux, BeOS or anything else if you bump the resolution of your monitor high enough. Play it in a window at 320x200 and you'll see that it looks ok again, you just have to squint your eyes to see what's happening . . .
 ATMachine
03-22-2004, 2:28 PM
Actually, the Mac version of Dark Forces runs in a resolution of 640x480. It's much nicer than the PC version.

Screenshot 1 - loading screen (http://home.comcast.net/~ervind/dfmacc.gif)
Screenshot 2 - Secret Base level with map turned on (http://home.comcast.net/~ervind/dfmace.gif)
 Fracman
03-29-2004, 4:14 PM
...Or playing DFMOD at 320x200 or 640x480 :-D
Thanks for the Mac screenshots.
Page: 1 of 1