Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Help with JA demo!

Page: 1 of 1
 technoshaman
03-13-2004, 5:02 PM
I just dowloaded the demo two days and for some reason it keeps crashing every time I go into menu during the game. While playing, I go into menu to change settings and when I try to return to the game it crashes? What is the problem?
The graphics card I have is a Voodoo 3000, not enough money for new one yet.

Please help
 Alegis
03-13-2004, 6:26 PM
When you change their resolution you will need to restart the program
 Amidala from Chop Shop
03-13-2004, 7:08 PM
from trouble.rtf on the Star Wars® Jedi Knight®: Jedi Academy(tm) disk

Currently Unsupported 3D Chipsets
The following chipsets did not meet the minimum specification or were found to have significant problems when playing Jedi Academy. Some chipsets listed below may end up working if updated drivers become available. For an updated list of supported cards please check the LucasArts Web page at http://www.lucasarts.com/).

· 3D Rage II
· 3dfx Voodoo 2
· 3dfx Voodoo 3
· 3dfx Voodoo 4/5 (VSA 100)
· 3dfx Voodoo Banshee
· 3dfx Voodoo Graphics (Voodoo 1)
· 3dfx Voodoo Rush
 Gabrobot
03-14-2004, 3:05 AM
Well, your Voodoo 3 might still work if you get the newest drivers you can...Jedi Academy uses OpenGL 1.4, so you need drivers that include that version.
 Crow_Nest
03-15-2004, 8:36 AM
Originally posted by Gabrobot
Well, your Voodoo 3 might still work if you get the newest drivers you can...Jedi Academy uses OpenGL 1.4, so you need drivers that include that version.

Even if it works, he will be running to the toilet after playing for 10 mintues...... And you know why.
 Prime
03-15-2004, 3:41 PM
Well, your Voodoo 3 might still work if you get the newest drivers you can...Jedi Academy uses OpenGL 1.4, so you need drivers that include that version. 3DFX went out of business a long time ago, though. I wouldn't think that there have been any new drivers in a long time. Unfortunately, I doubt he will be able to play the game with that card. There is a reason why they put it on the unsupported list...
 Gabrobot
03-15-2004, 3:48 PM
Originally posted by Prime
3DFX went out of business a long time ago, though. I wouldn't think that there have been any new drivers in a long time. Unfortunately, I doubt he will be able to play the game with that card. There is a reason why they put it on the unsupported list...

Well, I'm not sure, but I think there's some crazy fans that have continued to make drivers but since those aren't official, Lucasarts can't support them. I used to have another computer with a Voodoo 3 PCI card with a P2 200 Mhz MMX, and Jedi Knight II was almost playable on it...if the Voodoo 3 had been AGP, and had I had a faster CPU, I think it would've worked well. I don't think Jedi Academy has changed that much on the lowest settings.
 acdcfanbill
03-15-2004, 3:54 PM
There are still 3rd party drivers being developed, at least there were the last time i looked. the Voodoo 5 was a hella excellent card for its time, much ahead of nVidia/ati IMHO. :)
 Kurgan
03-15-2004, 9:44 PM
Wasn't 3DFX bought out by Nvidia?

I doubt they'd be creating new drivers for old obsolete products, but you never know, and yeah, sometimes fans come up with new drivers (mileage may vary) so do some searching...
 Prime
03-16-2004, 4:12 PM
Well, I'm not sure, but I think there's some crazy fans that have continued to make drivers but since those aren't official, Lucasarts can't support them. I used to have another computer with a Voodoo 3 PCI card with a P2 200 Mhz MMX, and Jedi Knight II was almost playable on it...if the Voodoo 3 had been AGP, and had I had a faster CPU, I think it would've worked well. I don't think Jedi Academy has changed that much on the lowest settings. You may be right, but I suspect the experience would be pretty crappy in the end :)
Page: 1 of 1