Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Sam and Max 2 Petition

Page: 1 of 1
 Pie™
03-07-2004, 3:11 PM
I encourage everyone to sign this (http://www.petitiononline.com/SamMax2/petition.html) petition...
It might not make much of a difference, but at least let's show lucasarts how we feel about the cancellation of Sam and Max 2... :mad:
 ET Warrior
03-08-2004, 12:05 AM
I've signed a LOT of internet petitions...they don't get anything done...I'll just live with their decision and move on with my life.
 toms
03-09-2004, 11:29 AM
its not going to happen unfortunately, never does. Someone should just start a general petition asking Lucasarts to start making interesting games again and stop being so timid.

THe only time i can ever think of something like this working was getting La Femme Nikita finished properly. and i have a suspicion they always intended to do that anyway...
 ExcelsioN
03-09-2004, 2:38 PM
You might wanna check out the Sam & Max forums (on LF). There's been a massive uproar over there about this.
 Lightsaberboy
03-09-2004, 4:52 PM
signed. hope it makes a difference.
 TiE23
03-09-2004, 10:46 PM
Wasn't the last petition thread about the xbox being back wards compatible? i won't sign, so Lucas Arts can move on and make Jedi Outcast II :p

TiE
 El Sitherino
03-10-2004, 12:33 AM
Originally posted by toms
its not going to happen unfortunately, never does. Someone should just start a general petition asking Lucasarts to start making interesting games again and stop being so timid.

THe only time i can ever think of something like this working was getting La Femme Nikita finished properly. and i have a suspicion they always intended to do that anyway... Actually, Invader Zim was brought back on nickelodeon for a while because of a petition, until it was moved to the nick toons channel :p it is also coming out on dvd because of the very same petition, it originally wasn't atleast not under nickelodeons title. I do hope this works though, i loved the first sam and max game. :(
 access_flux
03-10-2004, 7:40 AM
i signed. i plyed the first religiously as a little tacker.bring it back! i want this game!
 toms
03-10-2004, 11:40 AM
I'm not surprised that the guys at the forums are upset... but i've been surprised there hasn't been more mention in the gaming media. It was on a number of mags "most wanted lists" after all.

Maybe they are right about there not being much of a market for adventure games these days, but surely they knew that when the commisioned it, and over the all the time they have been working on it. and if there is any adventure game that was likely to succeed in a poor adventure game market it must have been sam & max.

Seems like with no managing director (for at least 6 months) they have just chickened out and decided to stick with mass produced star wars cloned games that will sell even without any marketing or quality. very cowardly.

You would think they could use all the starwars cookie cutter games profits to finance a few braver, more original projects.

LA have lost it.

If anything ever deserved to be saved by a petition it was farscape. sigh. :(
 Boba Rhett
03-10-2004, 3:12 PM
With no president, LucasArts is currently being run by the suits who only see dollar signs. The situation is not going to get any better until they appoint a new president. :(

I can't believe there hasn't been more mention of it in gaming media too, toms. Especially after the one sentence press release about the cancellation and Steve Purcell's comments that even he doedn't understand the cancellation. I figured at least Gabe and Tycho would have said something. :(

Oh, and someone duct tape Tie 23's genitals to the nearest ceiling fan as soon as possible.
 ExcelsioN
03-10-2004, 3:53 PM
Lucasarts are going physco. Soon they'll only be making expensive (for us, cheap for them) rip-off Star Wars games. Then all the casual gamers will buy them and Lucasarts will stay in buisness, and never make a good game again...its depressing. Really.
 DarkLord60
03-10-2004, 6:30 PM
Internet Petitions never go anywhere
 Boba Rhett
03-10-2004, 7:21 PM
That's true most of the time but they have proven useful with some things and I really think that this may get us somewhere.

That is, if everyone doesn't take on the same attitude as you towards it. :D
 Jed
03-10-2004, 7:25 PM
Just saw this awhile ago, thought you guys might want to visit.

http://www.savesamandmax.com/)

:)
 Boba Rhett
03-10-2004, 7:59 PM
Alright, guys and gals! I put together a protest sig image. Check it out in my signature. Sexy, no? Everyone supporting our cause please use it as your signature image!
 MennoniteHobbit
03-10-2004, 11:58 PM
I have never played any Sam and Max games. :|

But, it looks good anyway.:)
 jokemaster
03-11-2004, 1:24 AM
I'm a big S&M fan. First I saw the TV series, then I saw the comics, then I played the original

I already made an save S&M: FP sig.
 Kengo
03-11-2004, 10:00 AM
Signed that petition and the one on the save Sam and Max 2 site....I doubt it will make any difference to the kind of people who would cancel such a game in the first place but there is nothing to lose.

When you read the comments from the lead designer its hard to believe, I just don't understand this at all. I can't imagine they'd have made a loss with Sam and Max 2, and man they could do with some artistic credibility over at LEC again. I wonder what the reason for canceling that other point and click sequel they had lined up about a year ago was?
 Pad
03-11-2004, 10:06 AM
Petition goes past 13, 000 and someone from LucasArts responds

"We are aware of the online petitions and I have received your numerous updates. As you can imagine, this was not an easy decision for LucasArts to make. We are reading the many emails being sent in and management is fully informed of the number and sentiment of these messages. I personally very much have always appreciated the support from the many fans of our adventure games and regret that the current games market led to this decision. Rest assured, your voices are being heard."
 toms
03-11-2004, 2:25 PM
do they mean the current games market for adventure games that is exactly the same as when they commisioned Sam and Max 2 in the first place???

did my sig work? Have I now joined the ranks of people with huge sigs bigger than their posts? :D
 Sivy
03-11-2004, 2:28 PM
"Rest assured, your voices are being heard."

does that sound to anyone else that they may be changing their mind on this?
 Boba Rhett
03-11-2004, 2:54 PM

did my sig work? Have I now joined the ranks of people with huge sigs bigger than their posts? :D

Yep! :D Welcome!

Come on guys, hop on this train at the beginning! :rhett: Put this sig pic in yours!

Originally posted by Siv
does that sound to anyone else that they may be changing their mind on this?

That or having someone read them to them so they can laugh at crushing so many people, whilst they have one of their daily five our pillow fights.
 Pie™
03-11-2004, 7:07 PM
Ok, i signed that other petition and changed my sig :)
 Kengo
03-12-2004, 12:08 AM
* Jumps on Bandwagon *

Wooooo!
 toms
03-12-2004, 3:10 PM
tell you what, lucasarts really should remake all the classic scumm games for handheld systems, i've been trying them on my new GP32 and they work pretty well. :D

I'm not sure if the GBA would have the processing power to do them, but the new DX might. SO might the PS portable, but i'm not sure the screen is big enough.

On the other hand, playing them makes you sad as you realise there are very few games this inventive being made anymore. :(
 Kengo
03-12-2004, 4:25 PM

I'm not sure if the GBA would have the processing power to do them, but the new DX might. SO might the PS portable, but i'm not sure the screen is big enough.

On the other hand, playing them makes you sad as you realise there are very few games this inventive being made anymore. :(

The GBA is amazingly powerful, I'm pretty sure it could handle it, very cool piece of kit. Would prove very worthwhile conversions methinks.
 BongoBob
03-12-2004, 4:32 PM
Signed

I really hope that they bring this game back to development and release it. I have never played the original, but I have heard about it, and it sounds freakin great. Changin my av and sig too.
Page: 1 of 1