Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Bay Area Sam & Max Fans! Picket-Line Protest!

Page: 2 of 3
 Dimensio
03-23-2004, 1:46 AM
Originally posted by Dr Edison 007
Okay, so were has the hate mail fans sent been going to?

We've been sending to a PO box, which is most likely accurate, since it's from LucasArts's webpage. Still, it might be nice to have a physical address to make absolutely certain that our mail reaches its intended destination...
 Seagoat
03-23-2004, 2:35 AM
LucasArts has been operating from a PO box for years, and you can be certain that mail will reach them that way.
I hope you realize that nobody ever set up a decoy office or gave out a false address, LEC simply doesn't list their street address, just the PO box. When you looked at the map on switchboard.com it didn't know what street to map, so it placed the star in the dead center of San Rafael (as do all map services if they don't have enough info). And that center happens to be Summit Ave.
 samandmaxfiend
03-24-2004, 2:06 AM
would a protest outside of E3 of people who cant get into e3 work? maybe we could hand out information abt sam & max 2 's cancellation 2 all the industry insiders..and they could take up the cause inside by ignoring lucasarts or telling themn abt their disappointment of the cancellation...
 Skinkie
03-24-2004, 2:19 AM
Don't pass out cancelled info, pass out regular, then all these people will walk up to LucasArts and start asking about it, and they'll all be like "Hey you cancelled it? Why? These phamphlets make it look so cool"
 RichC
03-24-2004, 9:07 PM
The E3 expo is going to be in LA from May 12-14.

Here's the info:
http://www.e3expo.com/e3expo/)

To be eliglible to get a free exhibits pass, you have to provide industry ID in the form of:

Resale Tax Certificate
Company Credit Card
Insurance Card
Business Ad (with business card)
Business License
Commercial Lease (WITH COMPANY NAME)
Paycheck Stub
W-2 Form

So let's start working connections. Maybe another Adventure Game manufacturer will sponsor us, but to do so would earn the ire of Lucasarts.

More realistically though, we're looking at a protest outside the LA convention center. It's big and we probably won't be harassed by security if we behave. LAPD will be there as well. Best thing to do is just to organize a bunch of people, have them all wear "Max Lives" T-Shirts, and it should get our point across. Media will be there, so if they see a bunch of us, they're going to ask and see what the fuss is about. They'll think the game got reinstated or something and go inside and bug Lucasarts. I can host a few people as I used to live in LA and have a bunch of connections. Sign ups, anyone?
 Brushguy
03-24-2004, 9:19 PM
I'm not near the Los Angeles area, so I can't attend. :( I'd love to though.

I think an E3 protest would be much more effective than a San Rafael 5-person protest. Handing out fliers and wearing T-shirts will definitely attract attention from other fans and the press.

Gotta keep fighting. We'll win this.
 samandmaxfiend
03-24-2004, 9:54 PM
brilliant stuff RichC im added this 2 savesamandmax.com
 toenail1
03-25-2004, 12:14 AM
PROFESSIONAL MAGAZINES ARE NOT GOING TO PROTEST!!! ITS NO USE TRYING TO GET A PROTEST STARTED IN E3, EVERYBODY IN THERE IS A PROFESSIONAL!!! THEY'RE ON THEIR JOB!!!
 jokemaster
03-25-2004, 12:23 AM
Originally posted by toenail1
PROFESSIONAL MAGAZINES ARE NOT GOING TO PROTEST!!! ITS NO USE TRYING TO GET A PROTEST STARTED IN E3, EVERYBODY IN THERE IS A PROFESSIONAL!!! THEY'RE ON THEIR JOB!!!
He's right. Maybe some of the smaller ones, but not major ones.
 samandmaxfiend
03-25-2004, 2:44 AM
there not gonna protest but they'll tell lucasarts what a ****ed up decision cancelling sam & max 2 was..and that they were looking forward 2 it...
 toenail1
03-27-2004, 2:01 AM
Maybe some of the smaller ones, but not major ones

no, none of them will, it's unprofessional

there not gonna protest but they'll tell lucasarts what a ****ed up decision cancelling sam & max 2 was..and that they were looking forward 2 it...

HA! you would like that wouldn't you, but again they wont
 Pork_Soda
03-27-2004, 2:21 AM
Why all the negative stuff? Nothing will ever happen if we don't try something. Who cares if it looks stupid, or no one will care.

You have a 0% chance of getting something done if you don't try it, and even if doing the protest increases the odds by 0.001% then should be worth taking.

I'll support whatever ideas come out, 'cause if we just sit around and bitch, then there is no chance of this game coming back.
 jokemaster
03-27-2004, 2:31 AM
I agree with Pork. We should try it anway.
 Brushguy
03-29-2004, 11:27 PM
I agree. Give it a shot RichC!
 toenail1
03-31-2004, 7:53 PM
I'll support whatever ideas come out, 'cause if we just sit around and bitch, then there is no chance of this game coming back.

THERE IS NO HOPE! LEC DOESNT CARE, THEY NEVER WILL, AND THEY DONT HAVE TOO! HOW LONG DOES IT TAKE FOR YOU PEOPLE TO UNDERSTAND THAT LEC IS AN EVIL EVIL COMPANY WHO CANNOT BE TRUSTED!

1. YOU WONT GET IN
2. PROFESSIONALS WONT PROTEST! THEY WONT GAIN ANY FANS THAT WAY!!! THEY ARE CALLED PROFESSIONALS CUZ THEY ACT PROFESSIONALLY

WHY CANT WE ALL JUST REMEMBER THE GOOD STUFF ABOUT SAM AND MAX AND STOP WORRYING ABOUT THE CANCELLED SEQUEL! LETS CHANGE THINGS BAC TO HOW THEY WERE BEFORE LEC SCREWED IT ALL UP!!!
 jokemaster
03-31-2004, 8:28 PM
I WILL NOT BE HAPPY UNTIL ADVENTURE GAMES MAKE A COMEBACK! I AM SICK AND TIRED OF HEARING OF HALO, HALF LIFE AND GRAND THEFT AUTO CLONES BEING GLORIFIED, AND ORIGINAL GAMES LIKE ADVENTURE GAMES, PSYCHONAUTS AND A FEW OTHERS ARE RESPECTED

AND WHY THE HELL ARE WE TYPING IN ALL CAPS!?

*runs off weeping, defeated by cynical logic*
 Cerno
03-31-2004, 10:39 PM
Originally posted by toenail1
1. YOU WONT GET IN
2. PROFESSIONALS WONT PROTEST! THEY WONT GAIN ANY FANS THAT WAY!!! THEY ARE CALLED PROFESSIONALS CUZ THEY ACT PROFESSIONALLY

Yes, but you miss one point there. They are professionals and they won't protest, I give you that. But they are professional journalists and in that function they can do their job: Reporting the events happening at E3. So if there are enough people there (outside) who show their protest, then the professionals will have something they can report about.

I wouldn't call it all that improbable that some magazines might do a tradeshow newsflash on the matter.

I say go for it. Unluckily Germany is too far away for me to go myself but I would if I was nearer to LA

Best of luck to you!
 Skinkie
04-01-2004, 2:08 AM
The Mojo staff will do some digging, even if real corporations won't.
 Lump&Bump
04-02-2004, 8:00 PM
UGH MY EYES!

Why do people think typing in caps makes themselves more important?

PASTE GOOD CUZ IT GREAT~!

Ahhh...:D
 Pork_Soda
04-02-2004, 8:19 PM
Jeeze toenail, what do you think is gonna happen if someone DOES do this? If the person makes an ass of themselves doing it, Sam & Max isn't just going to explode at dissapear from existance. No, if someone does do something the worst that can happen is nothing. People might aswell try, and just because you think that Lucas Arts is stubborn and will probably do nothing doesn't mean we can't give it a shot. We might as well, what have we got to lose? (besides our pride ;) )
 toenail1
04-03-2004, 1:00 AM
Jeeze toenail, what do you think is gonna happen if someone DOES do this? If the person makes an ass of themselves doing it, Sam & Max isn't just going to explode at dissapear from existance. No, if someone does do something the worst that can happen is nothing.

That's the point. Nothing will happen. LEC will say "no comment" or something like that, then continue to push out s***t.

Why waste the effort of trying to get this going. Thats my point.
 samandmaxfiend
04-03-2004, 1:22 AM
Originally posted by Pork_Soda
Jeeze toenail, what do you think is gonna happen if someone DOES do this? If the person makes an ass of themselves doing it, Sam & Max isn't just going to explode at dissapear from existance. No, if someone does do something the worst that can happen is nothing. People might aswell try, and just because you think that Lucas Arts is stubborn and will probably do nothing doesn't mean we can't give it a shot. We might as well, what have we got to lose? (besides our pride ;) )

you do it for purcell stemmle and the development team who spent all this time on the game
 jokemaster
04-03-2004, 1:39 PM
^Good idea. We must all send severed cocks fortwith.
 Skinkie
04-03-2004, 7:19 PM
You just volunteered....
 misanthrope
04-04-2004, 1:39 AM
i like that severed cock idea. I hope it was Michael Jackson's . we should crucify the rest of him in front of LA if it was. if not, we'll get clay aiken.
 samandmaxfiend
04-04-2004, 7:51 AM
its a pity synthetic gerbal didnt send em a couple of severed hands so i wouldnt have to read his stupid ass unfunny posts
 Ray Jones
04-04-2004, 10:31 AM
assuming that he has no other possibility to write messages. like the wart on his chin.
 Pork_Soda
04-04-2004, 4:04 PM
I thought the severed cock was funny...
 misanthrope
04-10-2004, 4:49 AM
GET ER' RAY!!

"so this was it, this was your plan..."
 Ray Jones
04-10-2004, 8:56 PM
mmmh.. that wasnt meant funny so why feel bad?

and typing with a wart on the chin is assumingly more precise than without.

it's therefore perfect abstracted, looks funny and trains the neck muscle. there is also one long thick black hair growing on that wart.

it's a must lol roflmao XD panty peeer.

coincidently.

really.
 misanthrope
04-11-2004, 6:02 AM
so now people are peeing in their pants. wonderful. you need to get that checked out. i know i know, its because you were laughing. (which i refuse to believe because you dont have a sense of humor) goldwump washington

i'm just kidding, youre a great guy!

StonerDaveN'Max
04-14-2004, 2:06 AM
Moving along from Synthetic Gerbil, Ray Jones, and new nonsence poster, I would like to be at the protest, but guess what? Im from the east coast, so i was wondering, could i send a poster for you to wave out there in front of lucasarts for me, cause id like to know that i somehow participated in such a great movement in the Sam and Max revolution.

God bless you Krash Kow,

Stoner Dave
 SyntheticGerbil
04-14-2004, 5:49 AM
How the hell did I get synonymous with RayJones? I hate his dirty ****ing face.
 Ray Jones
04-14-2004, 8:12 PM
yeah. while you're in love with a newnonsenseposter.
 StonerDaveN'Max
04-15-2004, 12:12 AM
SyntheticGerbil How the hell did I get synonymous with RayJones? I hate his dirty ****ing face.

I never thought this text would slip through my fingers, but syntheticGerbil just said the funniest thing i've heard all day
 Ray Jones
04-15-2004, 1:05 PM
so.. explain why it is funny.
 StonerDaveN'Max
04-18-2004, 6:29 PM
Besides from hearing the best known crazy poster say he hates the second most recognizable crazy poster, it just hit me as pretty damn funny at the time.

Now please dont ruin this thread by getting off subject.
 Samnmax221
04-18-2004, 7:37 PM
It was off subject a long time ago
 Dr Edison 007
04-18-2004, 8:37 PM
Is this protest still going on?

Because the game isn't going to come back and frankly, I don't care.
 toenail1
04-18-2004, 11:49 PM
Now please dont ruin this thread by getting off subject.

ahahahaha...

try reading through all of the post first buddy, the protest isnt happening, the thread hasnt been about the protest for a loooong loooooong time
 StonerDaveN'Max
04-19-2004, 7:52 PM
Originally posted by SyntheticGerbil
I say we go protest the government to legalize marijuana by smoking a bowl in our parents bathroom with a towel lining the bottom of the door and the air vent on high.

Hmm... It seems not too long ago you were bashing weed [not that i would care.] Are you just trying to make yourself cool by taking the so called attributes of people and poking fun?

For the record, I dont smoke weed, and I have alternative.

Sorry for getting off topic, but since the protest isnt happening anytime soon, im sure it shouldnt bother too many people
 Jester
04-20-2004, 12:08 AM
It all depends on whether or not those who read it are idiots.

Although idiots can get uppity too.
 Skinkie
04-22-2004, 3:35 AM
Wait, there's a contest? Why wasn't I informed?
 StonerDaveN'Max
04-22-2004, 4:52 AM
Jeez, I think we all need to relax, take a deep breath, call me an @SShole, and smile. If there was a popularity contest, it wouldnt be on the forum, since lucasars doesnt give a tiny tin crap about us. Lets just say were all masters of our own destiny, and we would be damned if anyone is gonna say anything otherwise. And what does this have to do with anything? It doesnt, but i hope i lightened up the mood a little :max:
 SMNMX
04-22-2004, 5:15 AM
OK guys, three things:
1. Stop posting **** on the thread. If you want to talk about severed cocks, talk about it on the offtopic board.
2. The address of Lucas Arts in San Rafeal is 1600 Los Gamos Dr., San Rafeal. Map (http://www.mapquest.com/maps/map.adp?latlongtype=internal&addtohistory=&latitude=KNpD96YvzPY%3d&longitude=goIhr%2bc7tybgNmt5JI0BrQ%3d%3d&name=Lucas%20Arts%20Entertainment&countryid=250&country=US&address=1600%20Los%20Gamos%20Dr&city=San%20Rafael&state=CA&zipcode=94903&phone=415%2d472%2d3400&cat=lucas%20entertainment&spurl=0&searchtype=searchsearch)
3.Go to E3insider.com I think that helps you get into E3 somehow. . .
 StonerDaveN'Max
04-22-2004, 5:46 AM
Originally posted by SMNMX
OK guys, three things:
1. Stop posting **** on the thread. If you want to talk about severed cocks, talk about it on the offtopic board.
2. The address of Lucas Arts in San Rafeal is 1600 Los Gamos Dr., San Rafeal. Map (http://www.mapquest.com/maps/map.adp?latlongtype=internal&addtohistory=&latitude=KNpD96YvzPY%3d&longitude=goIhr%2bc7tybgNmt5JI0BrQ%3d%3d&name=Lucas%20Arts%20Entertainment&countryid=250&country=US&address=1600%20Los%20Gamos%20Dr&city=San%20Rafael&state=CA&zipcode=94903&phone=415%2d472%2d3400&cat=lucas%20entertainment&spurl=0&searchtype=searchsearch)

First off, Where does someone making their first post get the balls to command us around. Second off, all this you posted is old news. Theres just not much we can do now, just what we know of right now
 SMNMX
04-22-2004, 4:09 PM
I'm sorry if I insulted anyone because I'm new, but Krash Kow set up this thread to let us talk about the possibility of picket-line protests for Sam & Max 2. The thread has now wandered into a rather disturbing and definitely offtopic place. I do hope someone goes to E3 though, as all the gaming magazines I read report everything that happens there, including parties, embarrasing things, and protests! So create a protest in the names of Sam and Max, instead of micheal Jackson's privates (although killing Clay Aitken would probably be enjoyable. . .).

Oh, and for Synthetic Gerbil, I may not be alowed to tell you to be existential, but I can tell you to stop spamming the boards with eroneous crap!
 Dr Edison 007
04-22-2004, 9:56 PM
Hey, don't **** with Gerbil, he is more useful here than you or I (yeah, I know that sounds like gratuitous hero worship.)

Why do people even care about Freelance Police anymore? You need to let go, we still have the comics (well me and several others do) and the HTR. So, I would go as far to say you are hurting the boards much more than a vet is.

And you can edit your posts.
 SMNMX
04-22-2004, 11:38 PM
Sorry, I know how to edit posts, I just accidently hit the submit button twice. Also, I apologize I was out of my place as a noob, but we all have to be new sometime, right? Also (and I swear this is the last mean or commanding thing I'm gonna say), after several months of lurking, I haven't really seen Gerbil do too much. He's just kinda been mean from what I've seen (And please correct me if I'm wrong). However, I would appreciate it if his posts where slightly less. . . disturbing.

Also, for Dr. Edison, I'm still trying to get S&M 2, as all I have is HTR, and I can't find the comics anyway. And yes, I am useless.

Sorry if I insulted anyone, at anytime, or in anyplace.
 Skinkie
04-23-2004, 3:44 AM
Originally posted by SMNMX
OK guys, three things:

Uh ok, I don't care about those second two things, I would just like to point out in reguards to #1 that this is the offtopic board. Don't believe me? Check the name, Anything and Everyting, Mainstream is the Sam and Max discussion area.
Page: 2 of 3