Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Is True View included in OJP Basic?

Page: 1 of 1
 Nemios
03-04-2004, 8:35 AM
I have to admit I'm not following too much this project, but I read beta testers are trying true view too, so my interest is growing. I can't find any reference to true view in the readme of OJP Basic, is this a feature of the extended? True view dosn't change gameplay, does it?

If beta testers are needed for the basic version i'm available :)
 razorace
03-04-2004, 9:30 AM
Yes, True View will be in the next basic release.

And since you're interested, I'll create a beta for basic once I have ported some additional stuff into basic first. Maybe sometime tomorrow. Watch the beta tester thread for details.
 Nemios
03-04-2004, 11:50 AM
Originally posted by razorace
Yes, True View will be in the next basic release.

Good news! :)

Originally posted by razorace
And since you're interested, I'll create a beta for basic once I have ported some additional stuff into basic first. Maybe sometime tomorrow. Watch the beta tester thread for details.

Roger! :biggs:
 razorace
03-18-2004, 2:51 AM
porting complete. Sorry I'm late. Check out the beta tester thread for the file. It will be up in a few mins.
 Nemios
03-30-2004, 6:07 AM
Ok! I was on holyday and just returned. I'll begin testing soon. Thanks!
 razorace
03-30-2004, 7:50 AM
You're welcome.
 Hekx
05-01-2004, 7:30 PM
I thought I would post a few suggestions for the next Basic beta, minor ones that have been done before mostly;

Multiple Taunts in all game-types. (At the moment, it is only available in Duel)
Ability to change sabre hilt without respawn, but not sabre type. For example; Single to Staff - Respawn. Single_1 to Single_6 - No Respawn.
Saber Challenge improvements: 100/100 at Duel start. Broadcasted messages fill the console instead of the middle of the screen. Duel winner gets 100/25 at challenge finish.

Some smaller suggestions here that should make Basic better.

Thanks.
 razorace
05-01-2004, 10:55 PM
1. Already in Basic. Has been for sometime.
2. There's some technical issues with that one. Namely that it could be used to cheat.
3. That would be a gameplay change. Gameplay changes don't go in Basic. Besides, people would just abuse it to avoid death in FFA games. Not cool.
 Hekx
05-02-2004, 6:05 AM
OK, thanks for the replies. I never noticed multiple taunts were enabled with Basic. Does it follow the similar system of the Duel gametype?

taunt, taunt1, taunt2, etc etc.
 razorace
05-02-2004, 6:40 AM
It's exactly the same. Same commands and everything.
 Hekx
05-02-2004, 7:36 AM
We are talking about sound taunts, right? Not the animation/emotes. I have only been stuck with models using the default taunt.mp3/taunt.wav file.
 keshire
05-02-2004, 8:10 AM
Oh sounds aye. Well no. Many mods already change that. Most on a per model basis.
 razorace
05-02-2004, 2:48 PM
Originally posted by Hekx
We are talking about sound taunts, right? Not the animation/emotes. I have only been stuck with models using the default taunt.mp3/taunt.wav file.

You lost me. The taunts don't randomly play a taunt sound if you're not in duel?
 Hekx
05-03-2004, 1:45 PM
In all other game types apart from Duel, all models/skins use the default taunt and do not randomly nor cycle through other taunts. In short, no multiple taunts :(
 razorace
05-03-2004, 2:52 PM
Hmmm, that's not good. I'll have to check that out when I have time.
Page: 1 of 1