Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Leaning against walls?

Page: 1 of 1
 -=DarkZero=-
03-04-2004, 5:58 AM
I saw a screenshot with a guy leaning against the wall, how do you do that? >_>
And another thing, why doesnt the bow, sit commands work? It's pissing me off >_>
 Crow_Nest
03-04-2004, 11:17 AM
The sit commands wont work unless its enabled on servers.

About the leaning againts the wall is it the lean left/right? First go into 1st person, hold use key and a direction key (left and right only)
 -=DarkZero=-
03-04-2004, 2:15 PM
Nah man, it's like, laying your back against the wall, and crossing your arms as your head tilts down, here's the screenshot I got it from.

http://www.pcgamemods.com/4532/a/1/)
 Kurgan
03-04-2004, 7:47 PM
The animation for "leaning against a wall" is used only in cutscenes, it's not an in-game ability.

However there may be mods out there that give you this animation, but I haven't tried them.

But is it normally something you can do in game? No.

And "leaning" to the side in SP is not the same thing.

Bow and meditate commands work perfectly (see your controls setup), but only (ONLY) in Single Player, and during Duel and PowerDuel servers.

The ONLY way to use Bow, Flourish, Meditate, etc (ie: all taunts other than the generic taunt) you have to be running some kind of mod that enables them in other game modes or gives you new ones.

To recap:

Bow, Flourish, Gloat, Meditate = PowerDuel, Duel and SP only.

Taunt = all game modes

Mods = some have their own emotes, and some let you use the Duel emotes in other game modes

Technically the term "emotes" is one made up to describe the "for fun" animations featured in many admin mods and such. These emotes often made it impossible to move or gave you some kind of "protection" from attacks.

In the JA game in the manual and readme's, etc they are all referred to as "taunts" though only one is termed a "taunt" the others function much the same way, an animated gesture towards your opponent. These taunts are only visual/audio and don't give you any kind of protection. Jumping or attacking breaks you out of the animation.
 TK-8252
03-04-2004, 9:40 PM
That wall lean emote is called amwait and is in JA+.
 LukeKatarn
03-05-2004, 8:58 PM
Originally posted by Kurgan
The animation for "leaning against a wall" is used only in cutscenes, it's not an in-game ability.

However there may be mods out there that give you this animation, but I haven't tried them.

But is it normally something you can do in game? No.

And "leaning" to the side in SP is not the same thing.

Bow and meditate commands work perfectly (see your controls setup), but only (ONLY) in Single Player, and during Duel and PowerDuel servers.

The ONLY way to use Bow, Flourish, Meditate, etc (ie: all taunts other than the generic taunt) you have to be running some kind of mod that enables them in other game modes or gives you new ones.

To recap:

Bow, Flourish, Gloat, Meditate = PowerDuel, Duel and SP only.

Taunt = all game modes

Mods = some have their own emotes, and some let you use the Duel emotes in other game modes

Technically the term "emotes" is one made up to describe the "for fun" animations featured in many admin mods and such. These emotes often made it impossible to move or gave you some kind of "protection" from attacks.

In the JA game in the manual and readme's, etc they are all referred to as "taunts" though only one is termed a "taunt" the others function much the same way, an animated gesture towards your opponent. These taunts are only visual/audio and don't give you any kind of protection. Jumping or attacking breaks you out of the animation. I was just playing ffa today and I could use taunt if it is a mod i didant download it so it must not be a mod.
 TK-8252
03-05-2004, 9:03 PM
You don't download server mods, silly.
 -=DarkZero=-
03-06-2004, 1:58 AM
You can download server mods :), AND YEAH, it was AMwait, thanks man, and other than that, this topics doone >_>
 Kurgan
03-07-2004, 9:58 PM
A few admin mods are "server side only" meaning the people who join doesn't need to visibly download a file in order to see the benefits (or curses) of the mod.

Of course you can always tell what mod they are running by looking at the description or if crap appears when you join or you see odd options in the /serverstatus window.

Basically if you are able to use any emotes other than taunt in any gamemode (other than Duel and Powerduel) and any emotes other than bow/meditate/taunt/gloat/flourish in Duel/Powerduel or if you see any big message when joining a map (not in the loading screen but actually in game) or if you ever get "slayed" or "sleeped" (Or any of the other crappy admin punishing features) you're using an admin mod. If emotes give you ANY kind of protection or if the admin of the server has any special abilities or whatnot, then you're using an admin mod. If you can use fists and sabers at the same time (ie: normally you have to respawn to use one or the other), you're using an admin mod.

In the base game you can't do flip kicks, you can't be empowered/punished or have sub admins, and you can't lean against the wall, kiss, amsit, bunny, or have multiple saber challenges at once, etc. (and in my opinion, this is a good thing!)

Anyway, the "non download" issue with many server side admin mods causes a lot of confusion. People begin to assume that the admin features are part of the game, rather than some mod cooked up by a guy totally unconnected with Raven Software or LucasArts in his spare time.

However, I could be wrong, but I think if you check your gamedata folder you'll see any admin mods that have been used on you in the past. I delete them as clutter, when I am unfortunate enough to end up on an admin modded server by accident.
Page: 1 of 1