Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

[News] - AOTC:TC Demo - From Front Page

Page: 1 of 1
 Anakin
03-03-2004, 10:55 AM
Hi people,

Yes its all true we are currently finishing off the demo for you all to play, I would show you screen shots but you may or may not know the forums have been down and we have moved to a faster and better server and had teething problems, you guys seem to suck all my Bandwidth every month!!

Any how I will be showing and telling you all what will be included in the demo pack by the end of today once I have talked to some of the staff.

Thanks for reading - Anakin

Oh for those of you who dont know this is the forum link

www.aotctc.com/forums)
 Crow_Nest
03-03-2004, 11:08 AM
Ah, well its about darn time you released a demo..... :)
 DSettahr
03-03-2004, 3:33 PM
Send an email to DSettahr@massassi.net when you release the demo, and I'll post news about it at Massassi. :)
 zERoCooL2479
03-03-2004, 5:24 PM
Anakin:

I will be finishing up a lot of the things for tonight. (see staff forums)

Thanks!
 Squee-sithguy
03-03-2004, 7:12 PM
link doesnt work :S
 Anakin
03-03-2004, 7:59 PM
Sorry Our host is just upgrading mySQL and PHP so that the forums work better.
 Lightning
03-03-2004, 8:04 PM
Was wondering why your site was down, tought it was bandwidth problem becouse of getting more view now that the demo's sepose to be released.
 Master_Keralys
03-03-2004, 11:25 PM
*cheers* Finally! It's great to hear that. Now, if I can only find enough money to upgrade to the broadband connection I'll need...
 Anakin
03-04-2004, 8:48 AM
Yeah I have no Idea how we are going to release the demo, it seems that it might be a few Megs and I mean a few Megs :P

Looks like we might be Fileplanet, Lucasfiles etc I dont think my server could cope with it!!

PC Magazines I will also be getting in contect with soon as well, as it looks like it could be easily 500mb+ for the complete work
 Anakin
03-04-2004, 2:29 PM
Quick Update- The Site is up and will have screenshots up today or the demo :)
 Prime
03-04-2004, 6:10 PM
Originally posted by Anakin
Quick Update- The Site is up and will have screenshots up today or the demo :) Excellent!
 Squee-sithguy
03-04-2004, 7:17 PM
i dont really care if the demo is out or not.......I JUST WANT THE OBI WAN SKIN! *cries* anakin, when will the obi wan skin be out for ANY site?
 AllenSamhain
04-01-2004, 8:49 AM
man the sight is says you where taken by lucas Arts to make a whole new game... ... MAN we will NEVER see a demo ... man ... WTF... did they just "give you an offer you can refuse " or what .... This bites... im sure im not teh only one whos disapointed.. :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:
 AllenSamhain
04-01-2004, 9:09 AM
Man this better be some sort of april fools joke ... cause i heard of games getting Foxed... * like aalot of AVP mods.. *
but this is just Cruel .. when teh demo is like DAYS ... away ... its Snatched up ... MAN GOD PLEASE LET THIS BE A APRIL FOOLS .. :( :( :( :( :( :(
 txa1265
04-01-2004, 9:25 AM
Check your calendar and have a chuckle ... last year it was the Dark Forces mod ...

Mike
 AllenSamhain
04-01-2004, 9:55 AM
Hey TXA.. i like your avatar.. been looking for a Skin or model with Obi- in Armor.. its the ONLY.. jedi i have seen in armor AT any stage in star wars universe even in the books .. theres always talk about the force is all thats needed to pertect them .. i say screw that.. i like the look and its uniform you know.. .. heheh ... but yeah .. i hope this is a Fool's things... i was livid.. cause i was just looking at the sight and read a few web comics and whent back and saw it .. and compleatly freaked out ... <GAH>.. * running aournd cries* ... hmm .. so yeah i hop and pray its a joke ... *shivers* ... ( wouldnt mind seing a game type on this mod where players play as sith or jedi .. against the comp and wave apon wave of colnes or bots*pending on teh side you chose* and like seidge in a way you have certine things you can do such as break down teh wall to get to end of a building just to shut down teh generator and help your side win) but thats just me ..watched clone wars episode 12-13-14.. heheh mace is awsome running threw all those bots.. would love to play some thing like that... but dont know how you would do some thing like that with out bogging the game down .. i know waves but of groups of how many and if its in a smaller inclosed area would seem like more then there acculy are.. then say an open field ..hmm .. just random thoughts.. hmm .. cant wait till tonight for Ep 15.. heheh * likes wadeing threw armies and armies of bots with friends and his own saber .. **makes saber noises and jumps around cause no ones looking** * ) :p :p :p :p :p :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool:
 EvilKnick
04-01-2004, 10:22 AM
You can always convert your player model to Mace and spawn dozens of saber, assassin, and battle droids,....

And you can also spawn some clonetrooper skins converted to sp npc's that will fight along side with you,....:D

You'll also need to open the MP sand arena map you'll need downloaded in a SP game to do this all in;)

If your feeling spicey you can spawn a rancor and some wampa into the mix with some ally jedi too:jawa
 keshire
04-01-2004, 10:27 AM
There's also an Acklay you can download. Available from pcgamemods.
 Pnut_Man
04-01-2004, 11:25 AM
Originally posted by AllenSamhain
Man this better be some sort of april fools joke ... cause i heard of games getting Foxed... * like aalot of AVP mods.. *
but this is just Cruel .. when teh demo is like DAYS ... away ... its Snatched up ... MAN GOD PLEASE LET THIS BE A APRIL FOOLS .. :( :( :( :( :( :(

I love 4/1/04.
 Samuel Dravis
04-01-2004, 1:23 PM
Originally posted by Pnut_Master
I love 4/1/04. No, we don't. :mad:
 Prime
04-01-2004, 5:46 PM
its the ONLY.. jedi i have seen in armor AT any stage in star wars universe even in the books .. Mace wears armour too...
 AllenSamhain
04-01-2004, 8:08 PM
in the clone war cartoon only in cloth . i re watched 11-14.. and in the movie episode 2 hes only in the robes... youll have to show me where :D :p ;)
 Obi_Kwiet
04-01-2004, 8:31 PM
What about luke in the ST armer in the DS? :yoda: -HMMMM?
 AllenSamhain
04-01-2004, 9:47 PM
true he was in ST armor but he wasnt a jedi then .. that was new hope .. when leia asked" arnt you a little short to be a storm trooper" " huh... oh the armor yeah .. we are here to resque you " .. so i dont think that counts.. wasnt even a student realy .. < lol> much less a jedi ..
 AllenSamhain
04-02-2004, 11:45 AM
Erm... was wondering if i could use your Arcclone guy to make a PK3 file for SP.. i got most of it i think .. but haveing some difficulty getting it to work .i would ask in your own forums about this .. but says 24 hrs for teh accountt o fully log ... so i guess ill ask here.. . think you or one you guys can take a look .. im getting frusterated... * its teh clone with teh skirt cloth detail and shoulder pad.. with NO jet pack or huge spoiler on his back .. clone_default_Arcclone* .. hmmm .i could send you the PK3 i have.. but thought i would ask first... .
P.S.
On AOTCTC , * i think you should make Obi-wan with ST armor like in the cartoon as well .. but thats just me*
 Alegis
04-02-2004, 1:10 PM
Nice april fools anakin. I knew it was just ana pril fools joke, but the site is well done ;)
 Prime
04-02-2004, 3:39 PM
in the clone war cartoon only in cloth . i re watched 11-14.. and in the movie episode 2 hes only in the robes... youll have to show me where :D :p ;) Well to me this looks like he is wearing shoulder armour and gauntlets...

http://www.swtenerife.com/noticias/oct03/cartoon_windu.jpg)

What are you saying those are?
 Kurgan
04-02-2004, 4:04 PM
I think the point is, in "Clone Wars" the cartoon, Mace Windu is wearing clonetrooper armor (sans helmet) under his robes.

Obi-Wan wears the complete outfit (similar to Arctrooper armor, plus a cape) until his helmet is knocked off in battle by that monster guy with the regeneration abilities.

So Jedi wearing full suites of Stormtrooper-esque armor in battle is no big deal. I hope we see more of that in Episode III.

PS: Don't expect April Fool's Jokes except on April Fool's Day (April 1st). ; )
Page: 1 of 1