Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

This sucks

Page: 1 of 1
 DarkLord60
03-02-2004, 1:52 PM
Around a month ago my hand started shaking, I’ve always had a shake but not this bad. I thought the reason I shake was due to the fact I have to take a handful of medicine to fight depression and ADHD. So I go to the doctor and he suggest going to a neurologists. When he does some test on me he said to my surprise that I have to type of shakes one is due to all the medicine I am on and one is unknown but I show symptoms of Parkinson’s disease. Now this is weird because not many 18 years old get this only elderly people. See I have allot of problems already like Bipolar disorder, ADHD, arthritis, anxiety disorder and maybe Parkinson’s. This Friday I go in for testing I have to get an MRI done. This will find out if I have it or not I guess. So wish me luck. I can’t type anymore for this is killing my hand because I am shaking and a have to focus to type.
 ET Warrior
03-02-2004, 2:58 PM
Good luck sir! I salutes you.
 Lindsey
03-02-2004, 3:26 PM
My aunt (who passed away last year, god rest her soul) had parkinsons when she was 8 years old, so, its not impossible, that you may get it, tho I hope that you dont, she had a hell of a life with parkinsons. However, she made the most of it, and helped out other people.

Good luck darklord
 Alegis
03-02-2004, 4:46 PM
ow that mast suck for you darklord, all that medicine and stuff... My condolences, and I hope for you you can't add parkinsons to that list. Good luck!
 ExcelsioN
03-02-2004, 4:50 PM
Wow...that really sucks. Good luck, lets hope you get off alright.
 jokemaster
03-02-2004, 7:04 PM
Good luck, have patience. I know what those waiting rooms are like, I've had cancer twice, once in the eye (which I lost) and one in the leg. Again, patience is best.
 -=DarkZero=-
03-02-2004, 8:02 PM
When you're in bed, I'll serve your soup :(
 MennoniteHobbit
03-02-2004, 8:06 PM
Best luck and wishes to you DarkLord. :(
 wassup
03-02-2004, 9:48 PM
The important thing is to not let this control or overwhelm you and how you live. The spirit of the mind and soul is the most powerful medicine.
 rick ulo 11103
03-02-2004, 10:00 PM
good luck! i have no idea what parkinsons disease is but it sounds bad.
 Hiroki
03-02-2004, 10:23 PM
Ouch, Jokemaster, you're tougher than me. The idea of loseing an eye makes me shiver, I doubt I could keep going with only one...
 jokemaster
03-02-2004, 10:33 PM
Didn't really hurt, plus I got this cool glass eye
*Takes out glass eye and waves it around at everyone*
 the_raven_03
03-02-2004, 10:46 PM
I wish you the best of luck DarkLord.
 Acrylic
03-02-2004, 11:16 PM
Originally posted by jokemaster
Didn't really hurt, plus I got this cool glass eye
*Takes out glass eye and waves it around at everyone*

When you take it out...

Say if you lean over, can it fall out easily?
 jokemaster
03-02-2004, 11:36 PM
No, it's molded inside my eye to be a perfect fit, it only falls out if I didn't put it in right, or if I drop it while holding it/taking it out.
 Jed
03-02-2004, 11:50 PM
Godspeed, DarkLord.
 Troopr-Undr-Fir
03-03-2004, 12:44 AM
No, it's molded inside my eye to be a perfect fit, it only falls out if I didn't put it in right, or if I drop it while holding it/taking it out.

That would be hilarious if you were talkign to someone and all of a sudden it fell out :D...I would do it just to freak people out, but again that's just me.

As for you Darklord *bows*, you are a brave soul...and have a crappy ammune system, maybe you can be like Mr. Burns and have every disease known to man and have them like he does, all trying to go through the same door and they all get stuck, so he isn't affected by them.

*crickets cheerp*

what? Am I the only one who sees the hilarity in that? :o
 Feanaro
03-03-2004, 1:17 AM
Good luck! I hope the best for you!
 DarkLord60
03-03-2004, 1:18 AM
Originally posted by Troopr-Undr-Fir
That would be hilarious if you were talkign to someone and all of a sudden it fell out :D...I would do it just to freak people out, but again that's just me.

As for you Darklord *bows*, you are a brave soul...and have a crappy ammune system, maybe you can be like Mr. Burns and have every disease known to man and have them like he does, all trying to go through the same door and they all get stuck, so he isn't affected by them.

*crickets cheerp*

what? Am I the only one who sees the hilarity in that? :o

No I find it funny seeing how I've seen that episode of the Simpsons
 Jedi Luke
03-03-2004, 2:32 AM
Holy Crap Darklord! That does suck. I wish you the best of luck and good health for the future.
 Joetheeskimo
03-05-2004, 11:28 PM
Good luck and get better. *Writes a little get well card*

What's your address again?
 DarkLord60
03-06-2004, 4:06 AM
Originally posted by joetheeskimo5
Good luck and get better. *Writes a little get well card*

What's your address again?

Think I would give that out lol
 Phizzle
03-06-2004, 5:22 AM

:eek: You can be the next James Bond villain!
Good luck DarkLord!
 Miko Reglia
03-06-2004, 5:47 AM
Good Luck man!

I hope for the best with you!
 jokemaster
03-06-2004, 3:27 PM
Originally posted by Phizzle
:eek: You can be the next James Bond villain!
Good luck DarkLord!
Me: You cannot win Mr. Bo
*my eye falls out*
Me: GODDAMNIT
 Lindsey
03-06-2004, 3:39 PM
Darklord and I had a chat on MSN messenger the other day, I told him about this report my mom read on how a chemical in diet soda called Aspertane (or Aspertame, can't remember the spelling) can cause the condidtions that darklord has. My thoughts were confirmed when I asked if he drank Diet Soda, he said he did, and lots of it. :(

I suggested he stop drinking it at once and see if his condidtions improve. I hope he took my advice. :evanpiel:
 jebbers
03-06-2004, 3:57 PM
yea asparatame can cause soem messed up stuff...thats why i stay true with my regula sodie-pop......it can also cause brain tumors if enough is consumed......so lay off the diet junk everyone... :fett:
 Master_Keralys
03-06-2004, 4:13 PM
God bless, man. I'll be praying for you.
 dark jedi 8
03-06-2004, 7:26 PM
best of luck DarkLord60.:thumbsup:
 boinga1
03-06-2004, 9:04 PM
Good luck, Dark.
 Pie™
03-06-2004, 9:20 PM
Good luck DarkLord...
It'll all work out ok ;)
 Sabretooth
03-07-2004, 7:39 AM
What do you mean by good luck???

He is a Dark Lord! The Force will get him through! May the Dark Side reign!

Good Luck, man.
 Druid Allanon
03-07-2004, 7:42 AM
That sucks indeed. 18 years old and you MIGHT have Parkinson's disease. Good luck, and may the Force be with you, man. :)
 Astrotoy7
03-07-2004, 11:17 AM
I'm a physical therapist and have worked with quite a few ppl with Parkisnon's over the years. I do know it can develop when you are young, but 18 is very young. The youngest confirmed parkinsons patient I had treated was in her mid 30s. However, "Parkinson's Disease" is more correctly called a syndrome, as it is the sum total of its relative causes and signs/symptoms(ie. it is not associated with any one particular event or affliction). It is related to the way certain cells in the brain manufacture, release and process this chemical called serotonin(most commonly known due to its importance in affecting rest and sleep).

Therefore ppl quite likely to be labeled 'parkinsonian' if they display the common signs,
*Tremor(only at rest)
*slow walking, turning when walking
*movement freezes, when walking, or going from sit to stand etc.
*slurred speech

this however does not constitute a formalised diagnosis of parksinsons disease. The MRI may provide more valuable information.

Tremor is actually a common side effect of many psychotropic drugs(ie. drugs which affect the chemistry of the brain). A good friend of mine has epilipsy and is on medication ; He has noticed that over the years, since taking this medication he also has a very mild resting tremor...

I hope things work out for you, good luck DarkLord and if there's anything you may want to ask, feel free to PM me :)

MTFBWYA
 jokemaster
03-07-2004, 12:33 PM
Wait, physical therapist?
*shudders*
 DarkLord60
03-07-2004, 3:36 PM
Originally posted by Astrotoy7
I'm a physical therapist and have worked with quite a few ppl with Parkisnon's over the years. I do know it can develop when you are young, but 18 is very young. The youngest confirmed parkinsons patient I had treated was in her mid 30s. However, "Parkinson's Disease" is more correctly called a syndrome, as it is the sum total of its relative causes and signs/symptoms(ie. it is not associated with any one particular event or affliction). It is related to the way certain cells in the brain manufacture, release and process this chemical called serotonin(most commonly known due to its importance in affecting rest and sleep).

Therefore ppl quite likely to be labeled 'parkinsonian' if they display the common signs,
*Tremor(only at rest)
*slow walking, turning when walking
*movement freezes, when walking, or going from sit to stand etc.
*slurred speech

this however does not constitute a formalised diagnosis of parksinsons disease. The MRI may provide more valuable information.

Tremor is actually a common side effect of many psychotropic drugs(ie. drugs which affect the chemistry of the brain). A good friend of mine has epilipsy and is on medication ; He has noticed that over the years, since taking this medication he also has a very mild resting tremor...

I hope things work out for you, good luck DarkLord and if there's anything you may want to ask, feel free to PM me :)

MTFBWYA

Yeah my doctor said I have to types of tremors one is due to all the medication I am on and the other may be parkinson's
 Mike Windu
03-07-2004, 11:22 PM
HOW COULD I MISS THIS THREAD!

*holds head in shame*

hope its not parkinson's darklord... let us know when you get the scan results back! :) Best of luck and you know us swampies will always be there in spirit... just remember to close the door in your bathroom :D
 DarkLord60
03-08-2004, 2:06 PM
Originally posted by Mike Windu
HOW COULD I MISS THIS THREAD!

*holds head in shame*

hope its not parkinson's darklord... let us know when you get the scan results back! :) Best of luck and you know us swampies will always be there in spirit... just remember to close the door in your bathroom :D Thx Ill keep that last part in mind
 Ziechel
03-11-2004, 12:20 PM
ok good luck even if it is a bit late, and jokemaster, thats really tough
 DarkLord60
03-11-2004, 3:52 PM
I get my results tomorrow so ill update you guys then.
 Prime
03-11-2004, 4:28 PM
Our thoughts are with you.
 RoxStar
03-13-2004, 3:51 PM
Its tommorow dark lord...
 Ziechel
03-13-2004, 4:17 PM
hm no it is TOMORROW ;) for sure
Page: 1 of 1