Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

promotions

Page: 1 of 1
 Alegis
03-01-2004, 4:26 PM
Do you think this game would be better with a promotional system like in Enemy Territory or not?

Quick description: in ET as a class you have 3 columns in the left bottom, CLASS COLUMN (engineer/medic..)/Light weapons/battlesens

When you gain enough exp for each, you get a star for it (max=4) and each time a little bonus, for example when you reached exp 50 for light weapons you get faster reload etc... I personally like this very much, but perhaps a bit misplaced in swbf?
 Kallel Rahl
03-01-2004, 4:30 PM
i think it sounds like a good idea. but i think they're gonna wanna stick with the casual gamer thing. keep everyone on the same level, that sorta thing.
 -=DarkZero=-
03-01-2004, 5:15 PM
If Battle Field 1942 had it, which I'm sure it had something similar, I havn't played it since Christmas, then SWBF will have it, because it's all based on the same game design.
 ExcelsioN
03-01-2004, 5:45 PM
BF1942 never had anything built into the game - but a site managed to keep a record of your stats for certain servers, awarding certain medals for stuff etc.

The only problem is that I once took the (UK) part (at the end of my name) off...and it wiped my stats.

Anyways if you play BF you might wanna check it out. BF Stats.com (http://www.bfstats.com)
Page: 1 of 1