Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Final Fantasy VII : Advent Children - New Trailer...

Page: 1 of 1
 Astrotoy7
03-01-2004, 10:11 AM
*Well some of you may know that there is a new CG movie coming out based on the characters of Final Fantasy 7. IIRC the events of the movie are set after the game's events(not 100% sure tho)

*Many of us have seen the dodgy trailer taken by vidcam at some tokyo expo....apparentky there is a new trailer out

follow the clickster...!

Direct link to trailer 16mb (http://mokkori65.free.fr/media/trailers/ff7ac_trailer.avi)
*movie dialogue is of course in japanese...if anyone can transalate that'd be cool......

Cool FF7 : AC Site with info and other media (http://www.adventchildren.net)

*walks away, hoping this thread doesnt turn into a "F-U" fest like the Square-Enix thread did*

MTFBWYA
 El Sitherino
03-01-2004, 12:26 PM
*wets himself in glee*
:eek: AWESOME!
 Captain Wilson
03-01-2004, 7:55 PM
for some reason i carnt see the trailer:(
Tho i have seen one with a bike, church, beach and guy in wheel chair.....and the fire :evil:
but i have been waiting for thia film fo sooooooo long. Barret and vinne look so cool as does everyone

If anyone knows what i mean then i have a rough translation

That day, strength was used... even now, the star is living... but that person, a lot of persons, became a star... many hearts became a star...

On screen: TWO YEARS LATER

A new voice speaks...

I thought nothing else would happen...

Trailer starts up with bike scene.

Turn to Cloud in church. Cloud speaks.

I think I want to be forgiven. Yeah, I want to be forgiven.

Trailer goes back to fight scene with the mystery-man.

Cloud (alone, on a beach) speaks:

I decided to live for your sake.

Yes, it was my decision, however...

Trailer turns to mystery-man with the man in the wheelchair.

Trailer shows original Sephiroth in flames at Niblhiem.

Logo appears. Announcer speaks:

Final Fantasy Seven, Advent Children.
 Kain
03-01-2004, 8:23 PM
Originally posted by Astrotoy7
hoping this thread doesnt turn into a "F-U" fest like the Square-Enix thread did*

Hey, thats because some people wanted to bash my not liking FFX-2 and they started the flames first. So it wasn't an F-U fest, it was a 'you're a moron' fest. Get it straight and get off my case for defending my preferences,

Back to the topic AT HAND, I can't wait for this to come out, though. It looks awesome. Cloud was kind of a ninny, but he's still one of the best main characters in any game, IMO.
 ZBomber
03-01-2004, 8:36 PM
I LOVE FF VII!

THIS MOVIE IS GONNA ROCK! [/cap lock ]

Anyways, I can't get trailer to work. Anything I open it with gives me an error, even if I left click, it says Windows Explorer performed an erorr...... Does Tifa still look hot? :D

btw, Kain, he didn't single you out, now did he? No, so you didn't need to defend yourself. ;) Lets all hug Rhett. :D
 MysticSpade
03-01-2004, 9:41 PM
this is the first trailer i've seen of it. but i must say i love how it looks. i've been waiting on this DVD since i've heard about it. i can't wait till it gets released either.
 Pie™
03-01-2004, 10:44 PM
Some of you might have noticed my sig! :D
If this trailer works, get ready for new sigs ppl! :D

[EDIT] Oooooooh! :D
Get ready for new combos! :D
I'm taking requests :D

To all ppl not getting any picture; run it in DivX! ;)
 Astrotoy7
03-01-2004, 11:03 PM
Originally posted by Kain
...Get it straight and get off my case for defending my preferences....

Nah, Kain, that's kool. The day I ever come down on anyone expressing their preferences is the day I deserve to be made an asshole president of the most powerful free nation of the world :p

If you've been back to thread you might have seen that I pointed out to nine that he shouldve known better than to fuel the fire, being a super mod and all...

more power to you chief !

Anyways - YES, the topic AT HAND !! You need the divX codecs to run it kiddies. If you cant see it(try playing it in different media players you already have) if not track down the divx codecs, if you really need a link, just let us know and I;ll put one up....

Actually, I have read somewhere, that it will be a straight-to-DVD release, has anyone heard this ???

MMMPie - cool sig !

MTFBWYA
 ZBomber
03-01-2004, 11:03 PM
I downloaded it from the other site, and it worked. Looks AWESOME. I love that music too. :D
 Kain
03-02-2004, 1:09 AM
Hey if someone can get that scene of Vincent flipping down captured and turned into a sig for me, I'd appreciate it alot.

And Barret looked cool too.
 FaerieVamp
03-02-2004, 1:29 AM
all i have to say....

FF.... *droools*

that is all
 -=DarkZero=-
03-02-2004, 1:39 AM
Ac is going to kick some MAJORITY ass, the only thing I have a problem with is the lack of Vincent.

I'm about to check out this trailer now, if theres a lack of Vince, or something I've already seen before, I'll be depressed :(
 Kain
03-02-2004, 4:14 AM
Did you not read my post, Dante? I want the scene of Vincent from that trailer. It looks cool.
 MysticSpade
03-02-2004, 4:26 AM
i know the clip that you speak of. that's not vincent for certain it's rumord to be him. but there's no solid evidence to back it up.
 -=DarkZero=-
03-02-2004, 5:08 AM
I saw this last month, during exams, it is Vincent. My lesser friend, in grade nine, has proof of it to be him, and I didn't read your post Kain, until now :P. Vincent Deserves more Coverage damnit! :@
 MysticSpade
03-02-2004, 5:21 AM
not to sound rude or anything but i believe nothin without proof. the official and fan site said that they couldn't say who it is cuz they had no proof as of yet.

so i ask of you to get the proof that your friend has and post it to help us believe it.
 Astrotoy7
03-02-2004, 5:39 AM
Originally posted by MysticSpade
so i ask of you to get the proof that your friend has and post it to help us believe it.

hey I can't remember ! Did Vincent survive FF7... I think he did...Ive gone blank....it was soooo long ago !

MTFBWYA
 MysticSpade
03-02-2004, 5:47 AM
Vincent and Yuffie weren't shown in any of the ending sequences, so i do not know. i would love for it to be vincent, and if you look at his left hand closely it looks like vincents gauntlet. but i would still prefer proof than "my friend has proof" to that i say get your friend to post the proof.
 Kain
03-02-2004, 6:20 AM
Because Vincent and Yuffie weren't key characters(i.e: You didn't hafta recruit them), they weren't put into ANY FMVs. And that is Squaresoft's fault because(unlike Microsoft. GIVE US HALO 2 DAMMIT)they rushed the game. There were supposed to be MANY endings depending on your choices, the side quests, and who you had in your party(Vincent or Yuffie or Both). There is a reason that Aeris' spirit was in that church, y'know. There is a reason you talk to Lucrecita(sp?) with Vincent in your party(and it ain't just for his Final Weapon and Limit). Theres a reason that the pagoda battles in Wutai could only be accessed with Yuffie in your party.

The dialogue alone proves my points. They obviously wouldn't have put ALL of that dialouge between Vincent and Cid and Yuffie and everyone else without them having SOMETHING pivotal to the ending.

And besides, who else but Vincent could look that badass wearing a what-would-ordinarily-be-a-goofy-red-cape-except-that-its-on-Vincent cape?
 MysticSpade
03-02-2004, 6:30 AM
kain i am inclined to agree with you on the multiple endings but i am also a serious gamer and know better. it has been stated by Square representatives and game developers that Aerith in the church is nothing more than a glitch however i highly doubt that. the Main reason why i doubt the multiple endings is that it is in fact a Final Fantasy game. they have one ending period. the side quests and everything are pretty much for fun and for braggin rights mostly. i have everything you possibly can for FF7 (Ultima weapons, limit breaks and what not) even spent 30 some odd hours breeding a gold Chocobo to get the knights of the round materia. and chasing that stupid dragon to get clouds ultima weapon which i must say is AWESOME.

but my point is no final fantasy to this day as far as i know has no multiple endings. I wish it was possible to make certain choices to make Aerith not get killed, but there isn't (contrary to what some a-hole said on a FAQ site).
 Kain
03-02-2004, 6:32 AM
Final Fantasy 9 had an alternate ending if you had a certain item that was REALLY hard to get. Nothing too drastic though.

I too am a serious gamer, but unfortunantly I only seem to 'seriously' play games most others don't like (Legacy of Kain, BloodRayne, and Hitman just to name a few[I could tell you every back story about each of those games, ESPECAILLY LoK. Sad, huh?]), which might be my big ARGH about Final Fantasy now-a-days. It just got too big and WAY to hyped up(I was excited about FFX, and then...I don't wanna talk about it).
 MysticSpade
03-02-2004, 6:41 AM
dude i've been play LoK since Bood Omen on the old Playstation. not a fan of bloodrayne tho (prolly cuz i have never played it). i love hitman to watch but i suck at playing it.
 Kain
03-02-2004, 5:45 PM
I said MOST people. Maybe I should say most people that I've met don't like the games.
 MysticSpade
03-02-2004, 7:58 PM
i would have to say LoK series is kinda of an acquired taste.

on topic: does anyone know the function of Baret's right hand? i see that it has a hand (metal one).
 Darth Exar Kun
03-02-2004, 8:03 PM
i would have to say LoK series is kinda of an acquired taste.

on topic: does anyone know the function of Baret's right hand? i see that it has a hand (metal one). in the game he that badass gun hand looks like he just replaced with a new one, kinda looks star warsy to me
 Rad Blackrose
03-02-2004, 9:54 PM
kain i am inclined to agree with you on the multiple endings but i am also a serious gamer and know better. it has been stated by Square representatives and game developers that Aerith in the church is nothing more than a glitch however i highly doubt that. the Main reason why i doubt the multiple endings is that it is in fact a Final Fantasy game. they have one ending period. the side quests and everything are pretty much for fun and for braggin rights mostly. i have everything you possibly can for FF7 (Ultima weapons, limit breaks and what not) even spent 30 some odd hours breeding a gold Chocobo to get the knights of the round materia. and chasing that stupid dragon to get clouds ultima weapon which i must say is AWESOME.

but my point is no final fantasy to this day as far as i know has no multiple endings. I wish it was possible to make certain choices to make Aerith not get killed, but there isn't (contrary to what some a-hole said on a FAQ site).

Think for a second...

Would you want approximately 5-6 CDs rather than 4 CDs? And on top of that, have a longer translation time (longer translation time = longer it takes to hit the states)? Higher cost?

I'm one of those people who do think the Aerith/Aeris ghost in Sector Five Slums was not a glitch, but a continuation of some story.

Edit: By the way guys, pause the movie at approximately 58 seconds.

That's Vincent. The tipoff comes from the red outline of the character due to moonlight, and if you look at the face, notice that you don't see any detail of the lower head starting at the nose. The upper head region is also restricted, probably due to it being Vincent's headband. I'm trying to get a better look at the arm, though.
Page: 1 of 1