Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Attacks: Default, Alternate or Random??

Page: 1 of 1
 Hoth
03-01-2004, 9:47 AM
It seems difficult for me to get any Alternate attacks to happen reliably.

For example, can anyone do the Saber Hilt bash consitently? If so what precise command sequance are you doing?

Thanks
 Crow_Nest
03-01-2004, 10:18 AM
The hilt bash was removed shortly before the game was released :( (Hey dont ask me why)
 Hoth
03-01-2004, 10:26 AM
No way. I've seen it happen in MP occasionally.
 Crow_Nest
03-01-2004, 10:28 AM
They must be using a mod that lets you use the hilt bash. I think you can get it at pcgamemods or lucasfiles, but its old. :rolleyes:

Or maybe you just saw something that looks like the hilt bash but its not. ;)
 Hoth
03-01-2004, 10:38 AM
What about spin, flip and split kick?
 Crow_Nest
03-01-2004, 10:42 AM
Originally posted by Hoth
What about spin, flip and split kick?

Oh that, now i remember you can use that on the xmod servers. :rolleyes:

Somehow the kick is sometimes replaced by the hilt bash.
 Hoth
03-01-2004, 10:51 AM
heh, so in other words half the staff saber attacks don't even work on regular servers. :(
 Crow_Nest
03-01-2004, 1:52 PM
Originally posted by Hoth
heh, so in other words half the staff saber attacks don't even work on regular servers. :(

Well you see the author of xmod did some different changes to the Multiplayer game. Thats why all those slip kicks and other moves work in MP now. :cool:

If im not wrong, Melee mod also lets you do the same thing.
 Kurgan
03-01-2004, 5:04 PM
Many of the SP moves are not available in MP except with mods.

Load up JA with no mods installed by yourself and you'll see which SP moves are "missing."

He's right, the Hilt Bash is described in the manual but it was not put into the game. According to Raven it apparently was too buggy prior to release so it was left out.

Now mod makers have added several of these missing moves to MP, but whether or not they are fully functional as well as balanced is something I don't know.

Some of these moves include: Split kicks, spin kicks, slow motion kicks that auto aim, "long jumps," choke holds, "leaning" to the side, "walking" katas, "walking" twirls, "spinning" strong DFA, etc.

Note that not all of these are really new, but SP changes the dynamic of several normal moves from MP.

Also remember that in SP with Dual sabers you can't turn off one blade to use the "Lunge" move, but in MP you can.

SP and MP are very different, as they were in JK2. In SP rolling is much slower, but you can do it with any weapon in hand and you can wall run with any weapon (but it stops you from doing acrobatic moves in first person view).
 [ASJN] Balboa
03-04-2004, 2:16 AM
jedi + mod servers can have extra moves, some from sp. the split kick, flip, and spin are in, along with the hiltbash. i believe you have to be directly infront of someone, facing them, to do the hilt bash
Page: 1 of 1