Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

finally! our answers!!

Page: 1 of 1
 Hermie
02-29-2004, 9:56 AM
clikeh (http://www.swbattlefront.net/index.php?action=game&catid=1&page=qa022804)

not much outrageous new info, but a good deal of confirmations on different subjects.

why havent an admin posted this?
 Thrawn
02-29-2004, 12:48 PM
Very interesting about the pilot class! I like the idea of being able to build turrets, supply centers, and shields around buildings you need to defend. Now I'm curious as to how that will work!
 Swoosh
02-29-2004, 5:01 PM
Sorry for not posting about them last night guys, I was worn out after getting that interview up...it's a lot of work!

I think he gave us some pretty good answers...I don't really know what else we could want to know about the game besides seeing some in-game footage and more screenies...

Swoosh
 ExcelsioN
02-29-2004, 5:47 PM
A lot of that we already know, but it was interesting anyway. I hope that they include changeable map features (like in Joint Operations), e.g. Night/Day, level of water/ Foliage etc.
 ZBomber
02-29-2004, 11:38 PM
Originally posted by ExcelsioN
A lot of that we already know, but it was interesting anyway. I hope that they include changeable map features (like in Joint Operations), e.g. Night/Day, level of water/ Foliage etc.

Amen to that :)
 Alegis
03-01-2004, 4:18 PM
aha! very nice list, now i know the imperial officer isnt overempowered since there are health+ammo thingies from fallen foes...and "The first of these share one thing in common with each other, they act as support characters by providing power-ups to their allies" so everyone has one.. this was bugging me for some time

"we have both Ewoks and Gungans in the game. What happens to them is up to the players. " worship em :D

great interview!
 -=DarkZero=-
03-01-2004, 5:19 PM
Originally posted by Thrawn
Very interesting about the pilot class! I like the idea of being able to build turrets, supply centers, and shields around buildings you need to defend. Now I'm curious as to how that will work!

They're probably put a bunch of item's with the Engineer class, even though it's limited, you would decide on what to baracade. Perhaps?
 Hermie
03-02-2004, 5:50 PM
only problem is, there are no engineer class!

the classes:
-infantry. the basic "shoot til you drop" fella
-heavy weapons. these dudes have a big grunge against vehicles, and got thhe guns to fulfill it
-pilot. guess what? he flies.
-special unit 1. he carries healing n stuff.
-special unit 2. completly unique for every race. (like the droideka and the jet-pack trooper)
 joesdomain
03-02-2004, 9:02 PM
I am hoping for separate healing unit for each army that has no military fighting skills. They could of used things like the medical droid from TESB for the Rebels, etc.
 DarkLord_44
03-02-2004, 9:05 PM
Actually the pilot class is the one that builds stuff I think.
 Darkid
03-03-2004, 7:18 AM
the game looks great it looks massive from the pcgamer preview of it. :trooper::vader::trooper:

the yoda is for my mate :syoda:
 oback
03-08-2004, 12:18 AM
Originally posted by Dante Vandetta.
They're probably put a bunch of item's with the Engineer class, even though it's limited, you would decide on what to baracade. Perhaps?

there will be a engineer class, i beleive pilot fills that role
 WolfwoodCross
03-11-2004, 3:43 PM
The classes have been stated. They seem to be divided between two Yin-Yang groups.

Infantry - your basic gunner, better at medium to closer combat
Scout - Your long range sniper

Heavy Weapons guy - Slower big weapons guy designed to take out Vehicles
Pilot - Can heal Vehicles, and gains an Ejection option from Vehicles

And the Special Units

Rebel - Bothan Spy - Can disguise themselves as the enemy to go in and take out abses from the inside. Once they fire a weapon they lose their disguise.

Imperial - Imperial Officer - Are the only unit that can see through the Bothan Spy disguise. Can also send out Probe Droids for scouting and combat, but the Officer is rendered immobile/defenseless when a Droid is out.

And the Special Trooper (їDark Trooper?) and Droideka and others I don't know about =P
 pink lightsaber
03-11-2004, 11:05 PM
nice info
Page: 1 of 1