Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Lightsaber update + New DS Equipment

Page: 1 of 1
 T7nowhere
02-28-2004, 10:37 AM
To extract these files you must use winrar (http://download.com.com/3000-2250-10259256.html?tag=lst-0-1)if) the file is packed. IF you don't know how it works just right click the .rar and select extract to(folder name) then copy and paste the files into KotOR's override folder defualt C:\Program Files\LucasArts\SWKotOR\Override.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I updated my lightsaber mods to allow the player to find them in-game instead of haveing to use Cheats.
I have tried to Intergrate These mods into KotOR as not to distract from the story.
Jolee's Jade Shield Jolee will have his Saber with him when he joinsyou
Sith Strength Fallow the way of the Sith
Knights Staff on Korriban don't worry you can't miss it.
Guardian of the Light Fallow the path of the light on Unkown and you will Be rewarded.

The second part is a set of equipement that no Darth Reven should be without.
Here a list of the equipement I have put together

All the equipement can be found on Korriban.(don't worry there not well hidden you only need to talk to the right people)
1.Sith Implant: This is a powerfull lvl 3 implant
Feats Required: Implant Lvl 3
Restricted to: Darkside
Intelligence" +10
Wisdom: +5
Dexterity: +5
Regeneration: 5

2.Uthar's Guantlet:Uthar Based the design of his guantlets on Marko Ragnos's
Feats required:Jedi Defense
Restricted To: Darkside
Bonus Feat: Weapon Focus: Lightsaber
Bonus Feat: Weapon Specialization: Lightsaber
Blaster Bolt Deflection:+10
Strength: +8

3.Darkjedi Armband:Given to darkjedi for the compleation of tasks to of prestige
Attack Modifier: +5 vs.Lightside
Damage Resistance:Resist 10/- vs.Bludgeoning
Damage Resistance:Resist 10/- vs.Piercing
Damage Resistance:Resist 10/- vs.Slashing
Regeneration Force points: 5

4.Sith capacitance and utility belt: Used to help protect Sith in battle and Repair there weapons after battle.
Damage Immunity: 100% vs.Electrical
Immunity: Mind-Affecting
Skills Repair +10
Restricted To: Darkside
Constitution: +6

5.Sith Artifact: Little is known about this Ancient Sith Artifact
Feats Required:Force Sensitive
Saves Universal+5
Skills: Persuade +7
Treat Injury+10
Awareness +7
Dexterity: +5
Charisma: +5
Click here to download this Pack (http://members.shaw.ca/t7nowhere/files/Sabers+DS_equipement.rar)

I have also uploaded a script I compiled, but Kitty told me what to do. This one Allows you to take Bastila With you on Korriban, Very cool :)Download (http://members.shaw.ca/t7nowhere/files/k_sup_galaxymap.ncs)[)
 Criminal
02-28-2004, 3:44 PM
great mod man... seems like uve been busy
 Colja
02-28-2004, 4:31 PM
Awesome T7,Maybe I could get your help renaming my custom masks....when you find the time.
 JedI_XtRmIsT
02-28-2004, 6:16 PM
hey T7 can i have a link too the site u have them on cause when i click the links i get a page full of garbage and no file
 T7nowhere
02-28-2004, 6:28 PM
Colja-ya I can help you do that. What you would need to get started is to find the templates and models that go with your retextures. then it's just a matter of giveing them unique names new stats, a description and decide how you want to get your new masks in the game.
 Archonon
02-28-2004, 6:36 PM
Hi T7, these new mods look excellent, great job. I was wondering about a samll detail though. In your site it says not to change Jolee's color crystal from the saber. Does that mean that you can change the color of the Guardian of the Light and Knight Staff sabers and still keep all of the stats? I ask since my fave saber is blue and if possible would like to change the color of it.

Thanks
 T7nowhere
02-28-2004, 7:00 PM
Originally posted by Archonon
Hi T7, these new mods look excellent, great job. I was wondering about a samll detail though. In your site it says not to change Jolee's color crystal from the saber. Does that mean that you can change the color of the Guardian of the Light and Knight Staff sabers and still keep all of the stats? I ask since my fave saber is blue and if possible would like to change the color of it.

Thanks

If you remove the crystal you will lose the stats, but an easy thing you can do is simply replace the texture mine uses. You would just need to rename the texture you want to use to be the same as the one mine is useing. so for the GotL the tex is w_lsabreblue70.tga and for Knights staff tex is w_lsabregren72.tga.

hey T7 can i have a link too the site u have them on cause when i click the links i get a page full of garbage and no file

Thats odd. Click here (http://members.shaw.ca/t7nowhere/SW-KotOR%20Modding.htm)
 Archonon
02-28-2004, 7:09 PM
Do I need any particular editing tools to do this? I've never attempted changing anything in KotOR beofre so I have no idea how to extract and change textures. Thanks again.
 Commas
02-28-2004, 7:22 PM
sounds great! this is exactly the kind of mod i've been waiting for before i play thru kotor again, can't wait to try it out :) keep up the awesome work
 T7nowhere
02-28-2004, 7:23 PM
Well if all you want to do is use an exsisting color then you could just use KT(Kotor Tool) (http://www.lucasforums.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=122049) to extract the texture.

so for the normal blue color look under ERFs > TexturePacks > swpc_tex_tpa.erf > w_lsabreblue01.tpc

double click the file and a texture viewer will pop up click the wirte button and save where you want. the rename the file to be the same as mine and overrite my color in override.
 Criminal
02-28-2004, 7:49 PM
yes.... this mod and the use any force power rig has given me another reason to play this game throgh AGAIN....for the 7 or 8th time.... the fun never ends but im hoping we can creat a new story line
 T7nowhere
02-28-2004, 7:53 PM
That is what Im waiting for before a I play though from the beginning. Im doing what I can to add a little new content
 JedI_XtRmIsT
02-28-2004, 8:09 PM
no good i still get the "garbage" for lack of a better termcould u email them too me except the force power one i just got that an hour ago from the author myemail is jeffchris_thehardyz@yahoo.com

i'd really appreciate it
 JedI_XtRmIsT
02-28-2004, 8:27 PM
never mind i got them now
i just had too right click the link and click "save target as" and it worked
i'm such an idiot for not thinking of it sooner
 Jackel
02-29-2004, 1:29 AM
Originally posted by JedI_XtRmIsT

are you using another browser besides IE ?

if i click on the link to the Rar file while using Firebird i get the page of garbage , if i use IE and click on it i get the file
 T7nowhere
02-29-2004, 3:41 AM
I am useing MYIE 2 (http://www.myie2.com/html_en/home.htm) It's based on IE I did at one point have problems DLing from my site, but it was just the browser was miss configued.
 JedI_XtRmIsT
02-29-2004, 4:43 AM
i use netscape but i found if i get that then i just rite click and "save link target as" it works just fine
 pie_man101
02-29-2004, 7:02 PM
Ok, T7 I can get all the items in the game, but... is there a way to make say Sith Strength a two-handed saber or jolee's shield one??

Great mods though
 T7nowhere
02-29-2004, 7:30 PM
Originally posted by pie_man101
Ok, T7 I can get all the items in the game, but... is there a way to make say Sith Strength a two-handed saber or jolee's shield one??

Great mods though

You can but it is more trouble than it's worth.
Unless you make a new item in baseitems.2da you can do it so all lightsabers work the same. to change the size go to the weapon size(change this from 3 to 4 and all lightsabers will be two handed) column and to change the wield look at the weapon wield column(weapon wield is very weapon specific)
 pie_man101
02-29-2004, 8:52 PM
how would i individually edit the weapon in baseitem.2da? Thnx
 T7nowhere
02-29-2004, 9:00 PM
Originally posted by pie_man101
how would i individually edit the weapon in baseitem.2da? Thnx

IF you mean to make a specifc weapon then you would have to create a new base item. so a new base item would be 92.

If you mean a weapon class then just open the baseitems.2da highlight the weapon you want to change then scroll along the row until you see weaponsize and you can change this from 1 to 4
Expearament and see how it turns out. When your done editing 2da just save it to override and load a game to see the changes.
 darth makaan
02-29-2004, 10:51 PM
any pics?
 pie_man101
02-29-2004, 11:05 PM
Do you know of any tutorials on how to make a new base item??? and sorry for being such a nob
 Colja
03-01-2004, 12:29 AM
I can't get this to work for some reason.What could I be doing wrong?Put the file in override right?
 Jackel
03-01-2004, 1:20 AM
Colja: did you extract the files out of the RAR file ? and then put those files in the override folder ?
 T7nowhere
03-01-2004, 1:40 AM
All the files must go in override. extract them from the rar then select all the files and place them in the override folder for them to work.

You can go here (http://members.shaw.ca/t7nowhere/SW-KotOR%20Modding.htm) to see screenshots of the sabers.
 Jackel
03-01-2004, 1:49 AM
T7 : i just dealt with someone in the "tools and files" sticky who was doing the same thing as Colja

maybe put a piece at the top of this thread

"use winrar to extract files"

the other guy didnt have winrar and was just sticking the rar file in to his override , but ive told him how to get winrar and install it and use it

just an idea anyway , not everyone has winrar or seems to have used a rar file before
 T7nowhere
03-01-2004, 1:51 AM
lol ok done. :) Thanks for helping him out Jackel
 Jackel
03-01-2004, 2:10 AM
if i could deal with my old boss who knew nothing baout computers (including turning them on) helping someone with winrar is easy
 Colja
03-01-2004, 9:15 PM
What codes would I enter to get the other stuff? I got the saber codes,but what about the new items?
 JedI_XtRmIsT
03-02-2004, 4:44 AM
dude colja,if u read the readme file thourghly from first word too last word it in there what i did was i read thro it and rote down the code on a peice of paper so i'd have them when i needed them
 Colja
03-02-2004, 5:31 AM
Thnx jedi,didn't even notice the readme.I was so anxious, when I got the download to work I browsed right over it.
 T7nowhere
03-02-2004, 6:05 AM
IT's an easy thing to miss when there are 58 files in a folder. :)
 Colja
03-02-2004, 5:26 PM
You da man T7,I'm diggin' the hell out of these new items.
 jedi7000nathan
11-12-2007, 7:24 PM
sorry to revive an old therd but where con you get the mod now
 T7nowhere
11-13-2007, 3:06 AM
You can't get the mod now.
Page: 1 of 1